Upcoming Event- Return of the Stone Guard (Elite StoneGuard)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Return of the Stone Guard (Elite StoneGuard)

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 351 total)
  • Replies
  • Atom
    @atom

Finished in first. Didn’t play at all this morning other than my last run through the Golden Pig Dungeon. Got 6K all and 6K Red and Matilda after 1 respin. Ranked up 11 classes too and got my first one to 14 so I’m quite happy with the result.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    Also a victim of the ESoD? (Epic Screen of Death)
    Even if not – Rovio might need to know. You had two days of progress removed.

BTW, the last 2-star place in this event was 7th place. It has been 8th place in the previous event I think…

@atom

Nicely done! I got my first to 13 during the event, because I’m playing with Wizard so much :P

Jim151
    @jim151

Finished in first. Didn’t play at all this morning other than my last run through the Golden Pig Dungeon. Got 6K all and 6K Red and Matilda after 1 respin. Ranked up 11 classes too and got my first one to 14 so I’m quite happy with the result.

Mind if I ask how many points and how many consumables you had to spend for first place? First place on my board was about 140,000. 3rd place was about 115,000.

Jim151
    @jim151

Also a victim of the ESoD? (Epic Screen of Death)
    Even if not – Rovio might need to know. You had two days of progress removed.

No. I just had really crappy luck on the spins. I submitted a ticket for the glitch. I’m not holding out any hope that anything will happen. Frankly, I miss the lost LCs more than the upgrade.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    I know I’m a different person but… I finished at 100,000-ish points on 6th place; the whole Top 5 was above 120,000 points and the first two finished at 140k something. Massive grinding for me but I didn’t have to re-spin so much after I started playing the 7-staminas instead of the 3-staminas. I used a few FE’s, maybe a dozen or so; and I bought 25 stamina drinks when I got that discount and used 21 – of which 20 to get to GPC early and get that 4th run in.

Oh I see…
    I’ve actually had good experience with the Rovio support back when my Arena progress was reset. They put me back to normal. It may take a while until they respond to your request… but they will do something. I’m faithful about it.

Jim151
    @jim151

I know I’m a different person but… I finished at 100,000-ish points on 6th place; the whole Top 5 was above 120,000 points and the first two finished at 140k something. Massive grinding for me but I didn’t have to re-spin so much after I started playing the 7-staminas instead of the 3-staminas.

How many stamina drinks did you use? I used about 100 to get to 70K.

Jim151
    @jim151

I used a few FE’s, maybe a dozen or so; and I bought 25 stamina drinks when I got that discount and used 21 – of which 20 to get to GPC early and get that 4th run in.

How is that possible? For you to get 30K more points than me while using 75 fewer drinks? To get 30,000 more points, I would have had to spend another 161 drinks and enough FE to re-spin the 7 battle to get the max reward. It’s not possible.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I got these “Epic” messages during event too but nothing bad happened to me this time :) But I was scared when I confirmed that check button :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    I don’t need the shock from confirming the message and losing everything again… Thank you.

@jim151

Why do you think I play the 7-stamina battles? You have a 75% chance to get the 1,050 points on the first spin; on 3- or 5-stamina battles the chance is only 37.5%. That means many less FE’s spent on respinning – and many more points accumulated. I check in regularly to do my battles – 14 stamina means 3 and a half hours of waiting for two runs, and between 1,275 and 1,425 points for each run. So that’s 2,700 points on average in 3 1/2 hours, and 10,800 points on average in 14 hours. I also got the 450-medal bonus from the free chests sometimes, after I got all the ingredients for Stone Guard.
    And I made sure my stamina was empty before I went to sleep. Which means, if I had stamina left, I used it all, which meant additional points.
    I neither cheated nor did something else to massively increase my score; I only played normally.

Anonymous

@jim151
    I barely used any stamina drinks in this even and got over 120,000 medals. And I could’ve probably approached 130,000 if I was a little more disciplined at times. My sleep patterns are generally awful (I get five of six hours of sleep per night), so I could see that being an advantage, but otherwise I don’t have an explanation for you.
    Theoretically, with no sleep, roughly 160,000 medals are reasonably possible in an event as long as this one, without using any stamina drinks. Here’s my math:
    – 96 stamina per day x 10 days = 960. I think the evnt is a little longer than 10 full days, so lets call it 1000 stamina total, for the sake of round numbers.
    – Two videos per day reduces the number of materials to collect to 50. If you get all those materials on 3-stam battles (which is optimal), and you burn FE until you get the material each time (should take roughly 80 FE), then it’ll take 150 stamina, and you’ll also get roughly 5000 medals.
    – Another 40 stamina goes to the golden pig dungeon. Now we have 810 left.
    – Another 50 stamina goes to the remaining 3-stam and 5-stam battles you need to complete, and in the course of doing so you’d collect around 6000 medals. (This would also use up about 20 FE.) Now we’re up to 11,000 and down to 760 stamina. I’m going to change it to 770, again for the sake of round numbers.
    – That remaining 770 stamina should be used entirely on 7-stam battles, at about 1350 average medals per battle. That’s 110 battles, which works out to 148,500 total, again assuming you’re using FE to re-spin. On the 7-stam battles, since there are two jackpots on the wheel, that would only require about 40 FE (so about 140 total FE for the event.)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    Welp, thanks for doing the math. :P

Jim151
    @jim151

I barely used any stamina drinks in this even and got over 120,000 medals. And I could’ve probably approached 130,000 if I was a little more disciplined at times. My sleep patterns are generally awful (I get five of six hours of sleep per night), so I could see that being an advantage, but otherwise I don’t have an explanation for you.
    Theoretically, with no sleep, roughly 160,000 medals are reasonably possible in an event as long as this one, without using any stamina drinks. Here’s my math:
    – 96 stamina per day x 10 days = 960. I think the evnt is a little longer than 10 full days, so lets call it 1000 stamina total, for the sake of round numbers.
    – Two videos per day reduces the number of materials to collect to 50. If you get all those materials on 3-stam battles (which is optimal), and you burn FE until you get the material each time (should take roughly 80 FE), then it’ll take 150 stamina, and you’ll also get roughly 5000 medals.
    – Another 40 stamina goes to the golden pig dungeon. Now we have 810 left.
    – Another 50 stamina goes to the remaining 3-stam and 5-stam battles you need to complete, and in the course of doing so you’d collect around 6000 medals. (This would also use up about 20 FE.) Now we’re up to 11,000 and down to 760 stamina. I’m going to change it to 770, again for the sake of round numbers.
    – That remaining 770 stamina should be used entirely on 7-stam battles, at about 1350 average medals per battle. That’s 110 battles, which works out to 148,500 total, again assuming you’re using FE to re-spin. On the 7-stam battles, since there are two jackpots on the wheel, that would only require about 40 FE (so about 140 total FE for the event.)

I don’t disagree with your math. But you are talking about what, several hundred FE? Here’s Yoshi’s quote:

I used a few FE’s, maybe a dozen or so;

I used way more FE, way more stamina drinks, rarely wasted a stamina between 8 AM and midnight, and got 30,000 less than him.

edit: And yes, I followed the technique of fighting only the first 3 stamina battle until all ingredients were gained, then grinded on the 7 stam battle until the next gate opened.

Pointless
    @pointless

I got 130K with using only 2 Stamina (to ensure my four runs through GPC) and roughly 75 FE to get ingredients (I played the initial 3-Stam over and over until I had these, then progressed through the levels).
    I could have easily acquired way more points, as I didn’t need to play the last day, as #2 stopped. I don’t think a score of 150K is unreasonable at all, with few resources spent (I do have over 2K FE and over 800 Stam, for the record).

Jim151
    @jim151

Why do you think I play the 7-stamina battles? You have a 75% chance to get the 1,050 points on the first spin; on 3- or 5-stamina battles the chance is only 37.5%. That means many less FE’s spent on respinning – and many more points accumulated. I check in regularly to do my battles – 14 stamina means 3 and a half hours of waiting for two runs, and between 1,275 and 1,425 points for each run. So that’s 2,700 points on average in 3 1/2 hours, and 10,800 points on average in 14 hours.

Sure, but unless you are the luckiest person in the world, or spent way more FE on re-rolls than you are admitting, and thus getting all your ingredients shortly after the gate opens, you can’t grind on the 7 stam battles for more than about 12 hours before the next gate opens.

I did exactly what you describe in your post, to the letter. The only way I could have been more efficient would have been to set my alarm in the middle of the night to wake up and fight a few battles. I spent over 100 stamina drinks and about 30 FE, and came up 30,000 short of your total. I’m not saying you are lying, but I am wondering if we are playing the same game.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ok maybe it wasn’t a dozen. Two dozens then. But I haven’t used 140 FE’s. A bit of luck probably played a role too… But I’ll stress out again, I PLAY LEGITLY. I’d be the last person to start cheating my way up… With 10,000 points per day you will be at 100,000 points at the end of the event. About 10,000 points per day were what I accumulated. At the beginning less, then a bit more as I got ingredient by ingredient.

EDIT: It took me between 12 and 24 hours to get the ingredients after each gate opened. Each gate gave me about 24 hours to grind; after the final gate opened I had a bit less than 3 days left, all for grinding and GPC.

Jim151
    @jim151

And sorry for my tone. I’m still pissed that all my effort went for nothing, as Rovio took away my upgrade and dungeon lucky coins.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    I understand your frustration after all that, but that doesn’t justify you accusing me of cheating. I’m an enthusiastic player but not an egoistic player. :(

Jim151
    @jim151

Sorry, I’m not accusing you of cheating. That never entered my mind. At worst, I am accusing you of underselling how many consumables you used. Really I’m just trying to figure out why I am doing wrong, besides being incredibly unlucky.

Atom
    @atom

@jim151 I used probably about 20 stamina and 60 or so FE. Most of the stamina was used to ensure the four runs through the piggy dungeon. I also have a policy of re-rolling any spin that comes up with the bottom level reward. Sometimes that meant re-rolling several times just to get the lower medal award, but that’s how I roll. I ended with around 120K and could have had more if I’d played at all this morning.

Anonymous

@jim151
    Good point about the FE in my math. Totally changes the equation:
    – Still 1000ish total stamina
    – Still -40 for the LC dungeon
    – Still -50ish for the 5-stam and couple extra 3-stam battles, but now more like 3500 medals
    – The main difference is how much longer it takes to collect the materials for the class. For the 50 materials to get the class, I think the most efficient way to get them and still maximize your medal yield is the 7-stam battles. It would take 65 or 70 battles to get them all. We’ll use 70. That’s 490 stamina, and you’d also get about 21,000 medals.
    – That leaves 420 stamina for medal collecting. At 900 average per run, over the course of 60 7-stam battles, you’d get another 54,000 medals.
    – Total works out to just under 80,000.
    – However, if you spend the 20ish FE it would take to get materials on every 7-stam battle, you save yourself 140 stamina, which can be used to farm another 18,000 medals, for a total approaching 100,000.
    – If you spend another 30ish FE to get the medal jackpot on every medal farming battle after you’ve collected all the materials, you can bump the total up another 12,500ish.

I should remind that this all accounts for zero sleep (or at least implies waking up in the middle of the night to play), and obviously everyone is different in that regard. If you sleep a solid eight hours per night, that’s going to affect this a LOT. (Like 20,000 – 25,000). If you sleep more like five hours per night, like I do, it’s not going to change that much. (Like 5,000.) In fact, I wouldn’t at ALL be surprised if insomnia is one of the major predictors of success in these events!

Jim151
    @jim151

I used probably about 20 stamina and 60 or so FE. Most of the stamina was used to ensure the four runs through the piggy dungeon. I also have a policy of re-rolling any spin that comes up with the bottom level reward. Sometimes that meant re-rolling several times just to get the lower medal award, but that’s how I roll. I ended with around 120K and could have had more if I’d played at all this morning.

Well, I obviously have no idea how to play this game anymore. I did exactly that, and got about 70K.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@elpapam @jim151
    For anyone who (like me once) mistakenly tapped the tick mark and thus had something taken away from them during the “Epic needs to restart to stay Epic” message, here’s two solutions. This is for Android only btw.

For rooted devices
    1. Go to your root folder and navigate to data\dataparse\com.rovio.gold\data\files\manifest\com.rovio.manifest\
    2. Delete all files
    3. Uninstall the game
    4. Reinstall
    5. Navigate back to the location mentioned above and rename the .dix file to .dixc
    6. Open game and log back in
    7. Done

For non-rooted evices

1. So to settings
    2 Open application manager
    3. navigate to Epic and clear data and cache
    4. Go to Developer Options in settings
    5. Tap on running services (Android v5.1 and above) or Services (Android v4.3 to 5.0)
    6. You’ll see Epic still running in background
    7. Stop that service and restart device
    8. Uninstall and reinstall the game
    9. Go back to Services and force restart the service and THEN log back into the game.
    10. Done.

angryde
    @angryde

@jim151 I’m with you… in admitting that something is clearly very wrong with MY approach. :-(

I played 3x per day, always re-spun with FE for ingredients or the top medal reward, and even used perhaps 40x SD to avoid trophy-loss due to the GP dungeon… and wound up with barely 1* and something like 39,000 trophies… sigh. :-(

But I’m sure that my recollection of how many times I played per day is inaccurate: I think I ‘gave-up’ mentally on day four… I just couldn’t be arsed. That explains it, I guess… perceptual bias!!

Success in these events is all about the slow build, and absolute consistency of approach. While I know that intellectually, it’s far easier to react emotionally… yeah!?

Looking at the math, and knowing Yosh @smwforever45 like I do, as well as other trusted nesters, I don’t doubt their totals… it’s completely doable.

Anyway, got 6000 (ALL) on my second spin, so, can’t really complain…

Commiserations on your generally awful experience with this event… it’s a bitter pill to swallow and really guts your motivation + love for the game.

Dave
    @seraphion

Got 6000 for all on my 1. spin. Happy with that.
    In the end I had around 90k points. But I was the most unlucky person ever. Not only did I had a cheater with +250k since day one on my board. I did not get a single piece for the elite hat from 3 or 5 stamina lvls. I almost broke my phone. Only got things in the 7 stamina lvls. Ended up close 2. place. My board wasnt as competitive as others but I think I did well. But I hate the RNG sometimes.
    I hope the next event will have 6.000 for all again since from lvl 12 to 13 mastery goes so fast :)

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@datguygamer i am very pleased with those details but i am running the game from an iPhone 6 Plus 8.4.1 (Non jailbreak) and iPad Air 2 8.4 (Non Jailbreak) so those that you are mentioned can’t be done. If you have something in mind that works with iOS devices i would very pleased to heard them!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Return of the Stone Guard (Elite StoneGuard)

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 351 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.