REpower Transformer levels/(UN)normalize our bots/revert the competitions

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum REpower Transformer levels/(UN)normalize our bots/revert the competitions

• Whomever is part of the Facebook group please post something similar to this over there for the other developers that are reading that forum.

@lewie4
    The new Sparks promotion once again adding a new mechanic, but not solving underlying problems. Not upgrade bots and be lumped in with “easy” competition. This still does not fix how one can “rig” the system. I still read about sub L615 folks “bragging”, though they don’t know they are bragging, about how they do no recharges or 1 recharge and easily come in first. Meanwhile near max level folks are facing super stiff competition. I haven’t come in first since the changes. I’ve spent gems to the 80 gem level (time ran out, so I didn’t see if there was a 100+ level, but there must have been because number one kept spending) and still haven’t gotten first.

Several things to fix. Make the competition be first come first serve again, none of this matching up with similar level folks. Get everyone to keep upgrading the bots, bring back the power levels/strength/defense of all the bots. None of this 2-3 hits to take down a pig or even more hits to take down a tower. A level 15 bot should be able to annihilate a tower in 1 hit, 2 max for some, aswell as take MUCH less damage. All pigs and blocks should die on 1 hit like they used to a long time ago for L15. A level 15 should not take the same amount of time to destroy anything as a level 4 or 9. Everyone is the “same”.

People that spent time and other resources should not be penalized for having progressed and advancing their characters in the game. If it’s too hard for a new player to come in, then make things “easier” for THEM. Not make things HARDER for veterans. Whether this means lowering time/resource costs for upgrading their bots to L10 or some other arbritary level. ATM it’s frustrating, angering, etc. long time players.

If you still don’t know what I mean by normalized, it’s as if I were go to a professional sport and because I’m 5’11” when I play the team name stays the same but all players change to 5’11”, players of my same body type, playing experience and build. Instead of there being players that are 6’2″ – 6’10”. Guess what as 5’11” with no true experience I’m not going to make it in a “real” sports team.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Swing
    @swing

@sickcyn I wish you luck with your endeavor, however, I think your efforts are futile because unfortunately for us Rovio/Exient are a bunch of blood sucking SOBs ethically challenged and the fact that many players have spent considerable money and time in their game means nothing to them. The problem is that after all the crap they have pulled on us, some people still spend money in this game and that makes us (players) their game. There is also a sort of “Stockholm syndrome” going on, some people are inexplicably grateful whenever after MONTHS one of many bugs is fixed or they partially return something we had earned and they had taken away.

Googs
    @ncaddy

Interesting read – this sounds familiar….

“Any [free-to-play] game that makes it virtually impossible to advance beyond a certain point without spending money was almost certainly designed with whales in mind,” the employee notes. “Games that allow players to advance to the highest level without spending anything are less exploitative. At least they don’t actively encourage addiction.”

AND….

Upon reading John’s story, Cousins remarked that numerous Heroes players were upset when the price restructuring occurred within the game. This led to lots of negative comments on the official forums, and stories such as John’s.

However, Cousins notes that the restructuring led to an influx of revenue, it had the effect of safeguarding of many jobs on the Heroes team. Essentially, by forcing players to grind just that little bit more for items in the game, and by introducing weapons that gave paying players an advantage, the development team at EA caused an uproar among fans — yet suddenly its long-term revenue was assured, as many of these very same players stuck around and submitted to the new pricing regime.

Xenohart
    @pcguru

I’m not as high level as many players simply because Rovio lost my info in two upgrades and over 400 ranks. I’ve built back up again – but when I see the bots UNnormalize, and they become worthless, that’s really unpleasant. In the spawns, they push their new bots that are all but worthless, forcing us to spend gems to get to grimlock. There have been so many evolutions and changes to this game from the beginning and it’s clear that none of them came from player feedback. The same bugs during special events existed back during regular events in the beginning. Rovio has done nothing to fix this, and customer support offers solutions such as: reboot your phone. It’s not the phone, or the tablet (for a lot of the problems). Yes, it’s hard to program a game to work across multiple platforms and their accomplishments have been pretty good. Their dedication to graphics, great. Their failure on music, epic. But, they still try to push us into spending money to play their games. It’s still a fact that they force the phones to unlock all its features to them (including the ability to make phone calls??), because they monitor behavior and this, like Facebook and Google, brings them huge profits – HUGE. They didn’t get into the 9 – 10 digit IP figure selling 10 million people a $0.99 cent game.

Our efforts and our work in Angry Birds is unlike any other gaming platform. We have to agree to unlock our phones and tablets so they can monitor our behavior and sell it. Aka, they make money off of us keeping their games installed. So – we ARE paying for these services and they DO have an obligation to their players. Seriously, from an Optimus Prime and Bumblebee that were, and are, still worthless, to levels that don’t accurately correspond to character levels and competitions that even top players with high level transformers can’t compete in (and it’s more than just ‘competition’ and ‘skill’, when someone can garner 45,000 points repeatedly which could ONLY come from buying crystals – although – I still don’t buy the argument that the players are all real), this game is getting bunked. It’s like all their others.

It was fun. It had the potential to grow. They could have expanded the cloudy island for what … two years now? The ‘coming soon’ mystery has been since day 1 – and that’s a LONG time for ‘soon’. They aren’t putting more money into making the game better. They make transformers that are just extensions of the original – not new. They make powers that are just modifications of the original – not new. They are not adding new level backgrounds, the music is bunk, and the glitches are rampant. This is not an ‘upgrading’ game. There are hundreds of options they can do. And, I know that if I’ve proposed a few dozen, so have other players. That is evidence – they don’t listen.

Oh well. I was enjoying it. Maybe if we all quit and give up all our hard work, the next generation will get a cool game and look cooler and sound better. It’ll be like everyone who thought Super Mario was neat watching the next generation rock ’em at Halo. How depressing …

“ROVIO!” “ARE YOU OUT THERE?” “You have a chance to make a million players happy — who will encourage a million more players – who will encourage a million more after that! Just LISTEN to the players and stop spending time on how to milk us for money, but how to make the game MORE awesome! (or at least, don’t mess up what was there!)”

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

I agree with @pcguru.

Taking a critical look at how Rovio / Exient has treated us, it may seem that the customer (that’s us players) is hardly right sometimes as we don’t seem to be listened to – even when we nicely give them bug reports and suggestions.

Perhaps the development is now at a DEAD END. :( huh. :(
    Maybe the original developers have left and gave the succeeding team Rovio / Exient a very simplistic interface to the game. An interface that only lets them create new Angry Birds Transformers / Decepticons from the existing “base” characters.

Perhaps it is possible, to allow some of us developers access to the code / system.
    Hah. Fat chance? So that we fans can put in add-ons and levels.
    You know, like those Doom, Unreal engines that users can put in extension levels.
    Am I showing my age? hahaha. OK then add-ons like in Minecraft.

Just dreaming. and hoping.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum REpower Transformer levels/(UN)normalize our bots/revert the competitions

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.