"Ratchet and Clank Movie" advertising node – no upgrade materials

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Ratchet and Clank Movie" advertising node – no upgrade materials

• Some of you may have noticed that you get a popup ad for the “Ratchet and Clank Movie” when you log into the app. (And no, it has nothing to do with the Autobot Ratchet, so don’t get your hopes up for a new TF.)

This happens about once a day (or so I’ve experienced) and afterwards the first node you play will be a “Brought to you by the Ratchet and Clank Movie” and will give you:

* an upgraded buddy (more powerful and stays onscreen for longer) – I think it’s always Bumblebee
    * more opportunities for coins (a lot more of those gold cubes than you’d normally get)
    * easier node to run (fewer or non-existent Walking Mortar Towers)

However one issue I’ve experienced is that the movie advertising node is always the same as one of the existing nodes on your screen (i.e. there are still only a maximum of six active nodes at one time – it doesn’t spawn a new node). But the problem is that it doesn’t give you the upgrade material(s) that should come with that node.

For example, I’ve been saving up my nodes so that all of them award either Badness Processors or Anger Chips just in case I run low in the silo and I need one right away.

However after running the movie advertising node this morning I noticed that I didn’t receive any upgrade material as part of the node rewards, only pigs and coins.

So that kind of sucks.

And as far as I know, there’s no way to opt out of the movie node.

It’s not a major issue, but for those lucky few who have one or more Super Rariums waiting as a node reward, you probably want to be careful which node you choose when doing this.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • taco
    @geary

Yup it’s doing the same thing to me.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

When I get that, I either: 1) Exit and clear from memory, restart and quickly enter the node, or 2) Exit and clear from memory, turn off WiFi, and restart and not be bothered by them, or other ads.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@optimuspig “Rachet and Clank” ads also pop up on Go! as free Turbo Kart (enhances drifting, speed, acceleration, and weight) power-ups, which also ties in with the (redundant) ‘RaC’ posters scattered across the tracks. The bad thing is, once it pops up, it won’t go away until you exit an change your character and it has you “accidently” press the “Share” button when you view your pictures at the end, because the “Check-Mark” button of the ‘RaC’ ad overlaps the “Share” button, which causes trouble

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I just close and relaunch, which gets rid of the pop up.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

If I close and relaunch immediately, it doesn’t help. If I wait a little while, then it’s OK.

It’s unfortunate that we have to hate the Ratchet and Clank promotion, because the basic idea is pretty cool. But Rovio is punishing us for consuming advertising, even though that’s the exact opposite of what they’re trying to do.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford

When you exit, clear it from memory before relaunching.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I’ve never had a ratchet and clank promo node

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@sam-spargo

Consider yourself lucky. It’s a 2 1/2 minute commercial that gives you some coins and pigs. No materials.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@Millforce2K,

That makes sense. Unfortunately, on an iPad I don’t know how to directly clear anything from memory, so it’s just a matter of doing enough other things until the memory is recaptured for other purposes.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Ratchet and Clank Movie" advertising node – no upgrade materials

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.