Ranking teams in PVP

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Ranking teams in PVP

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Replies
  • Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’m still trying to figure out the logic. I’ve a 771 Power Ranked Team and am constantly getting matched up with Diamond League Opponents that have a 14K Banner. I guess, as mentioned, they want to make it difficult . But, come on.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Something I do to get a new opponent is just play a Piggy Mc’Cool battle and then abort after the 1st turn. If I get the head start, I play 1 turn just to be safe, and then I check the matching for the ranked arena, and it should be a different one this time.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

There is no need to play at all. Just push the pause button the moment it becomes available and quit out of your battle with Piggy McCool and you will get a new opponent.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

The problem I have is that I have to cycle through 10 or more teams to find one I have a hope of beating. Gets worse if you have a difficult objective.

Eramaled
    @eramaled

@jamairoqui, thanks for your reply. I have a lot more playing to do before I get to level 45. At this point I will persist in taking on all the challengers as they are presented to me, I have enough coin in the kitty to buy my way back in after a continued loosing streak. I figure that it’s a good way to try and learn new strategies for defeating opponents that are far greater in power than myself.
    As said by many other people, I don’t know how they have put together the challengers for this round but something is wrong, last night I was put up against an team that had 715 power. At the start of the challenge where you select your team, I had 4 birds highlighted, even with 4 birds selected my power was only 708, for me and my team it is like taking on a challenge of 4 birds against 3. I won the toss, used the chilli 1st up and attached the weakest player. I didn’t have enough power to knock out one bird in the 1st round, by the time 2nd round started I had red left, and with under half life left. It was all over by the time my opponent got to 3rd round. Playing hard and hoping for better times to come

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I could be wrong, but I think the power ranking is only part of the matching process. I believe that your leader board position has a role as well. Because of this, I usually try for the hardest objective first and work my way to the easiest. Or even better, complete all of them at once.

Eramaled
    @eramaled

@neomerlinma Normally I would try and knock out the bird which I thing would give me or has given me in the past the most problems, however because of being so over powered, I figured it would be best to get at least one opponent down and try and get a jump on two birds. Didn’t work

Eramaled
    @eramaled

Something very wrong, I have come across the same players tonight on a regular occurrence. After trying to avoid 2 x teams in particular (5 x seperate times each) that are over 100 points higher in power than myself. I just played the same player twice, one team has come up 8 x times. The coin toss is still stuffed, only won the toss on less than 10% of the time. Even the wheel is stuffed tonight, I’m only getting 2 x stars in the challenge, but all I can spin up is 15 snoutling and 45 point or 15 snoutling and 30 point, I just can’t spin up anything higher.

jenny
    @jennylve

Hello
    i am Jenny I saw your profile today at angrybirdsnest
    so i decided to write to you, here is my
    email ( [email protected] ) so that I
    can tell you more about me for friendship also
    send you my pictures, thanks see you soon

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Hi Jenny. Before I commit to anything I need to know if you can keep your mouth shut and are free at lunchtime.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I still don’t understand the rankings. Sometimes I’ll get an opponent with a lower ranking (say 750) and they will just absolutely demolish my birds (780 rank). Other times I’ll walk over a team ranked 840, even moving second. It makes no sense. Why bother to code in a meaningless, although not arbitrary, number It’s like Rovio’s ABE coding team spent the last few months in Amsterdam thinking up new features for the game while totally stoned.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@jamairoqui The power rating is a quick and easy way to spot cheaters if the rating is too high. It is also an easy way to spot weak opponents. When I see a weak opponent I will use the opportunity to complete the harder objectives.

Eramaled
    @eramaled

WTF
    FLAG 11622
    Red. 4320
    Matilda 3220
    Blues. 2350
    All of this and only 748 power
    They won the toss. All my birds knocked out 1st round , total annihilation

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Probably a cheater.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I don’t think there are any hacked birds/teams. I’ve been playing the same 7 teams since this past Sunday and have beaten all of them many times. In the games I’ve lost it appears that they get extra turns out of the norm or have higher than normal attack values which knock out my birds. I also think all the opponents are computer driven as I’ve beaten several teams as many as 20 times in a day and the rest at least 12 – 14 times a day. I do not believe that these players are using 80 to 120 LC (20 for 3 lives) a day to get additional lives in order to continue playing.

laura118b
    @laura118b

Yeah, something is definitely strange. I’m losing in 2-3 rounds to teams that are not only under my power rating, but I’m checking the individual stats and there’s no way it should be happening. My Red is getting knocked out in the first round, I’m lvl 45 and he’s Mastery lvl 9 Samurai with hammer set. By teams ranked in the 600’s it shouldn’t be possible for that to happen.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

So now we have proof that the “Power” indicator is poorly calculated…the opponents selected actually turn out to be HARDER. Really odd considering the match-ups are already heavily unbalanced…AGAINST our favour…:(

There4IM
    @there4im

Then sometimes this happens:

IMG_2574.PNG

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Ranking teams in PVP

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.