Rainbow Bar

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Rainbow Bar

• Sorry to ask a silly question but could someone tell me what triggers the Rainbow Bar to fill up please.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

It fills up a little bit every time you roll on the Golden Pig Machine, it doesn’t matter if it is a free roll or if you spend Lucky Coins to roll.

Edit: it also fills up when someone else (a friend or Piggy McCool) uses your GPM.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Thanks for the reply @angryjohnny :)

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

During “Rainbow Bar Chaos”, which starts within the next couple of days, the bar will fill twice as fast. You know it’s twice as fast because the illustration next to the description shows “+50%”.

Looks like there will be a 5x bonus chance to get set items from the calendar during this “event”, so that would be the perfect time to burn some LCs if you have some sets to complete.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dahnlor
    “+50%” is not twice as fast. Don’t know what Rovio was calculating but mathematically, +100% would be double.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

What they say vs what they do… :/

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I think it is double in fact, however I didn’t check for how many rolls it takes to fill the bar up. I only looked at how much of the rainbow bar filled up during the riot and it looked like double.

They can’t say in the text that “the bar fills twice as fast” and in the icon next to that it says +50%. Either the one or the other. Can someone check when the next riot is on?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 and @graugeist Actually I can confirm that it is indeed doubled because I use Rolls a lot more than most people here do. During the Rainbow Bar chaos, both rolls actually fill the bar more than they do usually; it doubles the amount of Rainbow bar meter it fills during rolls. So Rovio is correct in this aspect. It is indeed +50% boost.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    If it’s doubled then it’s not 50%, it’s 100%.

You agree that 200 is double the value of 100, right? To get to 200 from 100 you need to add another 100. However, 50% of 100 is 50 which would add up to 150 which is not double. So Rovio did do a mistake but thankfully it’s only the percentage boost on the icon.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Yeah but initial fill-up is 50% rate and the boost gives it another 50%. 100 = 50 times 2 which is double.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Wait what do you mean, initial fill-up is 50% rate? The bar doesn’t fill up by 50% from only one roll. Or do you mean 50% from what it is during the rainbow bar chaos? Then you still can’t say +50% because 50% of 50% is 25% which would make it 75% which is not 100%.
    When you double an initial value the new value is 200% of the initial value, or 100% added to the initial value.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Perhaps my wording was off. Okay, you need 8 Multirolls to completely fill a bar. During RBC, it is 4. So, the percentage gain is indeed “4 X 100 whole by 8” which is 50. You cannot do a 50% of 50% here because it is actually 50% of 100% as you have to calculate the rate of each roll (lets leave the single roll out of this for now and only focus on the multirolls) from the total filled up bar. If you say 50% of 50% you are actually calculating the rate of boost versus the rate of normal fillup. You have to take into consideration of the full bar as a 100% setup here.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Hold it. I calculated the percentage a different way.
    You say you need 8 multirolls to fill the bar. So one multiroll does 12.5% of the whole bar.
    When RBC happens, 4 multirolls are enough. So one multiroll does 25% of the whole bar.

RBC requires half as many rolls so RBC doubles the speed.

That’s how far we can agree, I guess.

Now, I take 12.5% (the normal fill-up) and add your 50%. I don’t get 25%.
    I only get 25% when I add 100%. To me, that is the percentage by which the fill-up rate is increased. Nothing else.

With your calculation, you only prove that the normal fill-up rate is 50% of the fill-up rate during RBC. Just because adding 50% to 50% makes it 100% does not mean that the increase of the fill-up rate compared to the normal state is 50%. 25% per roll is 200% of 12.5% per roll which is a 100% increase.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I get that English is not everyone’s first language here, but math is universal. Rovio obviously made a mistake since the text says the bar fills twice as fast, but the graphic shows +50%. The gain is 100% not 50%. It would be correct to say that it takes half as many spins to fill the bar.

FYI: Each spin fills the bar 2% so it takes a total of 50 spins to fill the bar which would be 8.333 15 LC spins in regular mode or 4.167 15 LC spins during RBC.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Thank you @killerkea. That’s what I was gonna say but I didn’t wanna offend anyone by saying “get your math right” XD

Then again, we all hated Maths at school didn’t we? :P
    (I was probably one of the few that liked math, plus I did an intensive course in math)

Jim151
    @jim151

Does anyone know what happens when your bar is full, and before spinning for the guaranteed set item, you have a friend use your machine? Does nothing happen until you spin, or does the friend spin reset it to 0? I’ve always paid for a spin once it fills up rather than take a chance it gets reset, but I’m curious if anyone knows.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@jim151 – I’ve free-spun a full bar and gotten the Set Item. Sometimes, you’re out of LCs, or it’s a full Banner Bar and you don’t want to spend the LCs.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

They fixed the bug a year or more ago where you could leave your GPM bar full and spin on a friend’s machine for a guaranteed set item every day. Now if either pig has a full bar it doesn’t matter if you spin on your pig or a friend’s because you automatically get a set item and the bar is reset. There is no need to spend 3 LC since any free spin will work. A friend can’t reset your machine. They can only help you build up the rainbow. I don’t know if friend’s spins on your machine are stored when the bar is full.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Rainbow Bar

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.