Raiding Party – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Raiding Party – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

It’s official – Cleric, or, in my case, Moon Priestess, is a must in the hard battles. Thanks to her support move, my birds barely took any damage. The other classes that I mentioned – Mage, or, in my case, Archmage, Capt’n and Skulkers – have also proved to be very strategic. With this team I got 3 stars without the need for potions.

Viking
    @viking

@killerkea, perhaps Berserker would be better than Sea Dog because you are going to take some hits and that lowers you attack with Sea Dog. However with Berserker, you get an attack bonus with Enrage until you use the chili. Even then you still hit at 100%.

And how does one get Moon Priestess and Ronin? I have seen them in the Arena Battle but I don’t understand where they came from or how they were obtained. Is there any unique benefits to them over the regular characters?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

OK, I used a mixture of @KillerKea’s and @mighty-red-1’s strategies;
    My birds are all rank 10 and sets are all level 41
    Thunderbird with twin lightning
    Cleric with Yin/Yang
    Seadog with Scissors
    Skulkers with beep attack
    Skulkers buffs thunderbird; SeaDog buffs Thunderbird, Druid sets healing shield, chili to Thunderbird
    Second round Skulkers buffs himself and everyone attacks Doom Drone
    No potions needed; 3 stars
    I must say that while getting Cleric to rank 10, I had concluded that she was useless. Guess this proves there is a place where you need each and every class (although I haven’t figured out where for a couple).

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@viking Moon Priestess and Ronin are special classes. They were obtained in a certain period in 2014, but are now unavailable. The benefits are increased attack strength for the attack (although strength remains unchanged), but same moves as first class. There is also the Archmage. That, too, is a special upgrade that is now unavailable.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Do you encounter such bug?
    It’s on 7 stamina fight.
    Sometimes it can be fixed when change the game mode to auto, but this one can’t.
    a bug

Another freeze bug
    another bug

Avoid 7 stamina battle at all cost. I have lost 14 stamina potions due to this freeze bug.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mingkee27 That is very similar to the freeze I got on the 7 stamina battle. Still haven’t uploaded my screenshot.

Viking
    @viking

@freckledpig147, What did you have to do to get them? For some reason I have the Archmage but not the two others. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Anonymous

@viking Moon Priestess was automatically obtained for certain countries.

Ronin was from a code when the game first came out.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@viking I switched the Wizard out with Rainbird for healing. The Sea Dog can use scissors or sugar rush if you are concerned about healing. So far I would have finished the 7 stamina battle in 3 rounds or less with all my birds alive, but damaged everytime if it didn’t keep getting me to the point where I’ve killed everything and the turn doesn’t end. The one time where I actually got to spin the wheel I had 3 stars.

@mvnla2
    I like your strategy, but there is one thing you can improve upon. You should have the Sea Dog buff Thunderbird first, then have Skulkers buff the Thunderbird. This way your Sea Dog gets one more attack or an extra 1805 damage that he wouldn’t get using your order. If the Sea Dog is at full health next round, he’ll do 2347 damage if you make sure Skulkers buffs himself first.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I timed one battle each of easy, med, and hard battles. My results obviously have no statistical significance, since each level of battle has many variations of opponents and different total strength for opponents. However, I spent as many of the stamina drinks I’d stored up as I was willing to, so additional data will be slow in coming, if ever.
    To apply this to anyone else, you would need to assume that they don’t play faster than me, and don’t use a better strategy. BTW, all these times are without potions.

Battle	        Easy	Med	Hard
    Time (min)	2	2	3
    Max points	235	570	855
    Pts/min* 	117.5	285	285
    Pts/hr** 	7050	17100	17100
    Stamina/hr      90      150     140
    Pts/stamina     78      114     122

Assumptions:
    * Assumes player has enough friendship essence to roll until max points obtained. However, re-rolls will add a small amount of time that adds up over time
    ** Assumes player has enough stamina drinks to play continuously, and that the level of battle is always available.
    Tentative conclusions:
    1) If you are interested in max points/time, and cost is no object you are better off fighting the medium difficulty battles. The hard battles are not always available, but you can probably get a continuous selection that includes medium and hard.
    2) It does seem unreasonable that someone could get to 10,000 pts in 1/5 hr, although 10,000 in an hour is doable if cost is no object.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think Rovio creates some accounts to test an event before launching and often forgets to delete those scores.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — Yet another way for Rovio to keep legit players from winning. Although the person at 10K on my leaderboard hasn’t gotten any more points, and I’m in second at 4K. So if the person in 1st doesn’t gain more points, he/she will rapidly be overtaken by all but the lowest players.

Anonymous

I used @mighty-red-1’s lineup with a few tweaks and I have to say it works great. I used Paladin Wizard Cleric and Skulkers. I got 3-stars easily. Cleric is OP on this level.

Loganimol
    @loganimolgmail

I haven’t had any of the flowers (or whatever they might have been for this event spawn) either. I have had the 7 stamina battle freeze once which was annoying. To be fair, I had close to 10,000 points quite quickly since I had about 170 stamina drinks saved up from the last event. People are probably cheating, but I certainly am not.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Ever since this event started not only do the battles in the event freeze up often the battles in the arena are also freezing up. I lost 3 battles in the arena since there is no autoplay there and you can’t play it blind. I never lost arena battles like this where you can’t see the screen except for a bird shaped dot in the center.

I wouldn’t have expected the problems from this event to spill over into the arena which you would expect to be a different module. I’m going to be really pissed if the arena keeps freezing and causes me to lose my #3 spot on the leaderboard.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

If you are suffering from bugs/glitches in Epic, try clearing the game’s cache files – that usually does the trick.

BBWolf
    @bbwolf

Hello I need some help. I try to play the event but i cannot win. If I look at my leaderboard i am at 12. I am level 14 but all other players are much more than me. Most of them are at 41. I cannot win the boss levels for this with my birds. Am i doing something wrong? My stamina potions disappear every time when i lose the boss fight and i have to wait for a long time before i can play again. I don’t understand how somebody can get more than 11000 points this way.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@mingkee27 I got that bug once. It has to do with the summon that comes at the first turn. Best bet is to try to kill the summon first before focusing on the main pig.

Hi @bbwolf and welcome to the nest. The potion usage you describe is how this event is meant to work. You use up potions and you can wait until new potions are generated over time. Many players who have been around in the game for a while have assembled a lot of these potions.

You can stock up with as much of them as you like by using the cauldron. All you need is friendship essence, or you can buy them in the market. You can then refill the stamina for battles with this stock of essence. That’s what people are doing to achieve high scores.

@all, I’m not sure, but I didn’t think it is normal in events to compete against much higher level players??? It seems that BBWolf is not getting any fun out of this… Anyone else have any info on this?

@BBWolf
    , would you mind telling me the health/attack of your opponents in the event battle? I’m just curious if you’re fighting the same level opponents as high level players…

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry I can give you some numbers for comparison between my level 17 game and the level 41 game. These are drones from the easy battle.

Level 17
    Projector Drone
    Health 2312
    Attack (Rocket charge) 310

Crafty
    Health 1434
    Attack (Healing hand) 132

Tinkered Drone
    Health 648
    Attack (Double smack) 2 x 46

Level 41
    Projector Drone
    Health 5912
    Attack (Rocket charge) 814

Crafty
    Health 3922
    Attack (Healing hand) 374

Tinkered Drone
    Health 1771
    Attack (Double smack) 2 x 132

@kerravon, Thanks, so at least they’re somewhat sized to the player’s level then. how is your level 17 doing with the event? Are the opponents reasonably beatable? Just trying to understand the balancing here…

For me at lvl 41 and all birds maxed out at rank 10 the battles are peanuts (sometimes only 2 stars for the hard one).

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

I just lost 7 stamina due to the big battle freezing up, too. Autoplay didn’t help. Guess I’ll stick to the medium rounds like I normally do. I haven’t had this bug in any other round so far. I am enjoying all the different pigs in this event. It’s nice to see the various abilities.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry I am having trouble finding a hard battle at the minute. I am sure I tried it and had no trouble. But I will report when I get another hard battle – probably tomorrow (for me) or tonight (for you). But I think they are of similar difficulty. In both cases I use similar teams (Rainbird, paladin, tricksters, bard) and have the golden chilli.

I should also let you know that I have been using this team to gather data on set items and have been able to get mastery ranks up to 5 and 6. So my team is pretty well armed and with good mastery for this level.

As an aside, in the arena, I mostly get matched up with teams at levels 18 – 20, which have similar mastery ranks to my team. They must factor in mastery ranks when choosing opponents for the arena.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry I tried a couple of different hard battles on my level 17 game.

The first battle had 2 shielding guys and was difficult. The first time I tried this I couldn’t take out the boss before he exploded. I tried this same battle a second time – I lost a bird and got 2 stars.

The second battle was much easier. Three stars with no problem. Tricksters dealt with the shields and I just kept targeting the boss.

I think the battles were on par for level 17 and level 41. But I don’t know if the mastery ranks of my birds influence the strength of the pigs. If it was just based on experience level, I think a more typical level 17 team (ranks 4-5) would struggle with the hard battle.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 — How do you clear the games cache files?
    When playing Epic, I’ve found that hard closing all apps frequently helps with slow response and freezing, but it hasn’t totally solved the freezing.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Raiding Party – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.