Questions on the hats and slingshot upgrades

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Questions on the hats and slingshot upgrades

• I used my pearls and upgraded all my birds to crowns, and thus my slingshot was upgraded to what, bronze? Since then, I’ve been unable to upgrade. I thought, “Fine, I must need enough pearls for a complete set.” Now, I’m close to 5000 black pearls and see that cowboy hats (x3 power) are 500 pearls per bird, and pirate and knight hats (also 3x power) are 1000 pearls per bird. What’s the difference? Will my slingshot upgrade differently if choosing cowboy vs pirate or knight hats? Why would I choose the more expensive ones, if it’s the same power/slingshot increase? Thanks, for any replies.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Think of it this way….there are 10 slingshot levels, and there are 10 different hat sets.

Buy 1 complete hat set, your slingshot upgrades
    Buy 2 complete hat sets, your slingshot upgrades
    Buy 3 complete hat sets, your slingshot upgrades
    …….al the way to….
    Buy 10 complete hat sets, your slingshot upgrades.

I.e, you have to buy EVERY single set of hats, so you might as well buy All of the cheap sets now, as it will be the quickest way to upgrade your slingshot.

In relation to which set is the best to keep on your birds, keep the highest number on….i.e. if you have a x3 set wear that as it gives you the highest multiplier, but if your highest set is x2 wear that until you get a x3 set…..but in relation to which set to buy, you have to buy all of them anyway (I repeat ALL of them) so you might as well buy all the sets that cost 20, or 100 pearls etc now, as you are only going to have to do it anyway if you want to completely upgrade your slingshot.

TestUser23
    @testuser23

Wait, what? I have to buy every hat upgrade? I’ve already bought the Crown upgrade with a multiplier of 2, in one fell swoop (all birds crowned at the same time). Now I’m looking at using pearls for every bird with a 3x multiplier, and I assume a slingshot upgrade? Sorry, if I don’t understand. Thanks for your reply.

Anonymous

I have to buy every hat upgrade

If you want to reach the highest slingshot level, you sure do!

It doesn’t matter if you bought a x3 set of hats…if you want an elder gold slingshot, you will still have to buy all of the party, school, Halloween, crown, street, beachwear, wig, cowboy, pirate and knight sets for every one of your birds.

So buying the most expensive set first makes no sense when you can get more upgrades for your slingshot buy buying all of the cheaper sets first. Sure eventually you will pick one of the x3 sets and settle on that as it will give you the highest hat multiplier, but assuming you also want the highest slingshot multiplier will mean you will have to buy ALL 10 hat sets for ALL of your birds.

So in summary….

Buy ALL of the hat sets for ALL of your birds starting from the cheapest ALL the way to the most expensive…….the only exception is if you want a large hat multiplier to begin with, in which case buy one complete set of x3 hats, and then the rest from cheapest to most expensive completing sets as you go.

TestUser23
    @testuser23

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I’m screwed. Is that why I’ve been blocked from upgrading?

Anonymous

I don’t know what you mean blocked from upgrading? Can you please post a screenshot of how you have been blocked from upgrading?

Have you bought ALL of the sets (complete!)? If not how many COMPLETE sets do you have?

What colour / multiplier is your slingshot?

TestUser23
    @testuser23

I bought the complete set of crowns, and my slingshot is bronze. When I click on any bird (arena page), there’s a hat icon on the lower left with an ‘x’ through it.

Anonymous

You bought 1 set of hats, and guess what, your slingshot upgraded 1 level (to Bronze)…you are not blocked based on what you have said, you are just not understanding how it works and I do not know how I can explain this simple upgrade process to you in any other way to make you understand.

Additionally you do not answer the simple questions I ask, nor are you posting screenshots to verify what you are saying….

Buy another set of hats, and watch your slingshot upgrade again…..I mean you bought 1 set (the crowns) and your slingshot went from wood to bronze (exactly as it should have)……buy another complete set of hats and watch it go from bronze to silver ;)

I am not sure how I can explain it any easier to you :/

IMG_0638.JPG

Notice how your screen looks no different to mine, that’s because you are not blocked and it is working exactly as it is supposed to. The “x” you speak of in the bottom left of my screenshot just removes the hats from your bird….you know, sort of like an on / off switch.

But I can’t help you any further, until you actually answer my questions and post screenshots to verify your story….

TestUser23
    @testuser23

Ok, thanks. I’m obviously not technically advanced, at all. I don’t even know how to send a screenshot to a forum like this, as I play on my android phone, and do most everything else on my iPad. Sorry, if it feels like teaching a toddler to eat. Thanks for being patient.

PhoenixH
    @phoenixh

Don’t worry too much about upgrading birds, slings, or hats to increase your scores. The game is fixed. The higher you rank the worse it gets when you play in the arena to win. The game will outrank you to defeat you. Play it for fun…And don’t get sucked into real money for gems/diamonds.

SLAYER
    @robm1313

You need complete sets of hats. Example…all birds need pirate hats, or street hats, same for glasses, and so on. Perlite amounts are unbelievable don’t you think? No in between x4 and x10. And 25,0000 pearls for x10…are you kidding me!!!! And to pay real money for these package deals that’s not even a deal I think. If I pay $10 or more of real money, I ought to get more than 3 spells, 200 coins and a stupid stamped letter. I ain’t doing it. I’ve got my own plan where I would normally be in 1st place for the Battle Arena, but for now, I don’t care. I’m working on a different  strategy right now. I’m in 3rd, so that’s fine for now, but if I get 2nd, that’s fine too.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Questions on the hats and slingshot upgrades

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.