Questions for Rovio? Please ADD Yours!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Questions for Rovio? Please ADD Yours!

• Good morning everyone, I’ve done this before and I’m doing it again. I have been in contact with a Rovio representative and he is asking if I have specific questions about the game. I shot him back the question everyone has been bantering about the value of items earned on missions when there’s no room silo for them for starters. Can people add to this post any other specific questions for the representative. He did mention that in future releases they are considering a manual of some kind so that we can know what is going on and don’t have to figure everything out by trial and error. I am going to refrain from asking about bugs, update release times, etc. As he stated that they are aware of the Bugs and are working on them. I’ll leave the thread open for 24 hours before I send the questions to him.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Replies
  • 20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Mostly have the bugs top of mind, but will check back if I think of something in next 10 hours.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

If a FaceBook friend plays on another platform, (me = iOS & friend = Android) they never show as a “buddy”???

We are pub friends & often play there on our tablets. We’ve made sure we were connected to FaceBook & also sent each other an “invite” via the Choose Your Teammate screen (several times), but haven’t been able to connect as app buddies

I saw this topic in another thread, but no one really had an answer.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What do I need to do to receive five keys on a Hard mission?

I’ve got three TFs all receiving three stars, plus using the video bonus, and I consistently only receive four keys, not five.

In this case, all three TFs were at L11. Do my TFs need to be higher level?

Anonymous

When will they fix the constant freezing and unfreezing for Android Lollipop?

Like any level I play it freezes and unfreezes about 7 times in a level.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel

Here’s another bug for the list.

When doing missions Energon Optimus Prime shows as a “Lightbulb” type in the TF selection screen, but he actually functions as a “Bomb” type when evaluating how well the mission actually went after it’s completed.

Missions: Issue with using Energon Optimus Prime

otter
    @otter

Ok… Here is mine…. I have an Android lollipop tablet and a lollipop phone ( both Sony’s)…. My tablet is on level 240 but my phone is on level 3 they will not sync… I have made sure that both devices are in the Google play and even opened a face book account to try and fix this issue…. Very frustrating…. Suggestion or please fix…..Thanks..

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

Optimus pig, I’ll answer your question. YES, the level of the transformers you send matters. Level 15s would be 1.5 times as effective as level 10s.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jasonred79

You sure it scales linearly? I’ve run missions using L7s that seem to be only slightly less effective than running missions with L10s and L11s.

If it’s linear, then running a mission with 2 x L15 would come to the same result as running the same mission with 3 x L10.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Well this is not a bug but just like we can stop the ongoing upgrade of our transformers, like that dere should be an option to stop the ongoing Mission Portal!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’d like to know what Rovio has planned with the last two “Coming Soon” areas (one at the very top of Pig City, and the other one to the south of the Hard mission portal).

In particular, once these are active will there be another fundamental change to the way the game is played, like how post-1.5.15 we now have to collect special materials?

I’d like to know if I should start modifying my overall gameplay strategy now.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I think it would also help if we knew:

1. when / how often the game is supposed to back itself up

2. when / how often the game is supposed to restore itself

This is of course related to the discussion of the known bug here:

"Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

No, I’m not sure Optimus, just that one of the devs posted that using a level 10 is 10 times as effective as a level 1, or something.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Ok Folks, I got one answer already. I asked him what the value are for the items we get from missions when the Silo is full, Here is his response…

“When your silo is full and you earn various materials that you can’t store anymore due to the silo restrictions, the reward gets converted to coins. The number of converted coins vary from mission to mission and from Transformer to Transformer, that’s why different players have gotten different results. I don’t get to hear all the intricacies that the developers, but what I understood is that there’s pretty complex math behind the decision what amount of coins you receive, so there might not be two identical rewards in case your silo is full”

Hex
    @hxadecmel

I am going to send him the questions asked in the thread, I’ll report back if/when i get a response.

@partshade @optimuspig @otter & @sumitarora15 I am not going to send him things about bugs or feature requests, he offered to answer questions about gameplay. I hope that we are all submitting bug reports to Rovio about these? It’s the only way to get them up on the priority list?

@optimuspig
    you did have a couple great questions and I will send them.

@dawni-criswell
    I’ll send this but in more general terms (Is buddy syncing supposed to work cross-platform?)

I will ask if the upgrades are linear

I’m going to see if he can shed any like on Airachnid and why she shows up sometimes with the deceptihog icon, and sometimes autobird, as discussed Here

If anyone want to add anything more please do and I’ll send it along. Not sure how many times he’s going to be able to go back and forth but I’ll keep trying.

otter
    @otter

An update from my last post…. My tablet is Not on lollipop but I just got the notice that I can upgrade. The last upgrade just happened to be around the same time as my phone to lollipop. I am at level 240 now and if I have to start from scratch I will have a stroke…. I can not use helium as my tablet is incrypyted….. I am hoping someone has an answer out there…. Or I will just not upgrade to lollipop until rovio can fix this issue…..

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@otter may I humbly suggest you re-post this in an appropriate thread.

1) This is for questions about GAMEPLAY. (i.e how much gold is given for items earned when silo is full, are the level updates linear, what is the deal with Airachnid etc.)

2) We are fortunate enough to have contact with a Rovio person who has graciously offered his/her time to answer questions as outlined above. I am not going to barrage him/her with individual update issues. Especially since there exists a plethora of posts about updating after this new version.

3) Some info that might help you… When i first started playing in November, i was using a Samsung S4 and Android KitKat 4.2.2, I am now using an S6 with lollipop and I have not lost one iota of data. If you read through he forums you will learn that many people have had problems after the most recent update, and that the solution is somewhat simple. You basically need to make sure you are synced through FB, then uninstall and reinstall the App. Once you have completed a few of the tutorials to unlock Bumblebee (and thus unlock the “buddy” ability, making the ABT FB aware), ABT will load your profile from your FB settings and you will be right back where you were. It takes a while to load but it has worked for me any times on my devices and on my daughters.

I would encourage you to read through the forum for more details, or re-post in the bug threads for more help. Thanks.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

also @otter i think you are going to have trouble playing on multiple devices. The apple folks on here are finding that. And in general, games are not developed with multiple device usage as a priority.

otter
    @otter

Thanks… But as I have said in my posts… I have tried those with xero success.. I had the same issues with AB starwars 2 but that had been fixed with a later update.. So I guess for now im SOL…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel

Don’t know if you’re also submitting suggestions, but if you are, here’s one:

Since the TFs can now go up to L15, how about adding at least one more level of Energon-powered special ability, i.e. four levels of shield, etc.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig I have not been submitting suggestions.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Ok folks here it is. I’m just going to copy/paste the exchange between myself and the Rovio agent. Your questions have been answered!

This is what I sent:

“1) Is buddy syncing supposed to work cross-platform? A lot of people say they can’t see their buddy if they are on android and the other is on iPhone. I have noticed this myself as I have a “Real life” friend who is on Phone and i can never see her although we have double checked our FB syncing. (I am on Android)

2) What do I need to do to receive five keys on a Hard mission?

I’ve got three TFs all receiving three stars, plus using the video bonus, and I consistently only receive four keys, not five.

In this case, all three TFs were at L11. Do my TFs need to be higher level?

3) Do the levels scale linearly? I’ve run missions using L7s that seem to be only slightly less effective than running missions with L10s and L11s.

If it’s linear, then running a mission with 2 x L15 would come to the same result as running the same mission with 3 x L10. Is this correct?

4) I’d like to know what Rovio has planned with the last two “Coming Soon” areas (one at the very top of Pig City, and the other one to the south of the Hard mission portal).

In particular, once these are active will there be another fundamental change to the way the game is played, like how post-1.5.15 we now have to collect special materials?

I’d like to know if I should start modifying my overall gameplay strategy now

5) think it would also help if we knew:

1. when / how often the game is supposed to back itself up

2. when / how often the game is supposed to restore itself

This is of course related to the discussion of the known bug here:

"Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

6) Can you shed any light on Airachnid and why she shows up sometimes with the deceptihog icon, and sometimes autobird, as discussed Here (https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/airachnid-using-deceptihog-items-for-upgrade/).

Thanks a ton!

And this is his Reply:

“Hello again,

I’ll go straight to the point:

1) The new update allowed cross-syncing your progress (iOS <> Android and vice versa), so nowadays you should also be able to use your friends’ buddies, even if your friend is using different OS than you.

2) In order to receive five keys, your Transformers need to have higher upgrade levels. This was done in order to make sure that there’s an incentive to upgrade your characters, there would have been a risk that people get too comfy getting five keys if it was too easy to do.

3) Yes, levels scale linearly based on your Transformers’ ranks.

4) Unfortunately I’m not in liberty to say what the future updates might include, we want to keep it as a surprise. But I can tell you that personally I like what they’ve done! Patience my friend, patience..

5) The game handles cloud-saving by going through a predetermined checklist that includes everything from in-app purchases, your rank, silo level, pigs, material levels to coins and if some of the values for these items are different than the last time, the game will back itself up. The game also saves itself after every completed mission and after you’ve closed the game (closed in a way that it won’t run in the background, aka hard-reset). The game saves itself to a local save file at first and then it transfers that data to your cloud-save file.

6) The thing with Airachnid is an unfortunate glitch and we are aware of it, but at the moment it’s not our most important priority, so we haven’t gotten into it that much yet. Our main priorities are getting the rest of the iOS users back into playing the game and fix the freezing issue with the Android Lollipop users. The difficulty level glitch was also fixed and it will be introduced in the future update. Once we’ve handled all these tasks you can remind me about the Airachnid glitch and we’ll look into it, since I might forget it due to my hazy memory.

Phew, that was a lot of information, hopefully you’re happy! I can’t go into too much detail about the technical side of things, but these points should atleast shed some light on the matters that are confusing you and the other users.

Thanks again!”

sal9
    @sal9

Thanks for sharing this exchange @hxadecmel – Very useful information

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel

Great job on the above.

“I have not been submitting suggestions.”

Do you have any interest in doing so (perhaps a separate thread from this one)?

If not, then I may be willing to set one up.

How are you contacting Rovio? Is there a specific email address? (If you don’t want to post it publicly, then you could always PM me).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“5) The game handles cloud-saving by going through a predetermined checklist that includes everything from in-app purchases, your rank, silo level, pigs, material levels to coins and if some of the values for these items are different than the last time, the game will back itself up. The game also saves itself after every completed mission and after you’ve closed the game (closed in a way that it won’t run in the background, aka hard-reset). The game saves itself to a local save file at first and then it transfers that data to your cloud-save file.”

OK, that’s fine. So we know that there isn’t a specific recurring timing involved to when a cloud backup occurs.

But he didn’t address the question of when the game is supposed to restore itself, which is really the root problem with the “Updating Progess” bug that we’d identified earlier.

Also based on the amount of lost progress from the errant updates from what various players have reported, it would appear the the game isn’t necessarily updating itself as often as is suggested in this response.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@optimuspig Wow, awesome convo. Thank you very much for sharing. Arachnid just doesn’t know what side she’s on. ;)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Questions for Rovio? Please ADD Yours!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.