Question on hats

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Question on hats

• There are only 4 gets offered to me. The Party, school and Halloween hats, plus crown. I have purchased completed sets of all except crown. I purchased 2 crowns and now in the elevator challenge, instead of being told I already have that get and given pearls, it started giving me hats I already had. Did I mess up my flick somehow by changing the hats of two birds? I have not been able to win a daily challenge or fight in the arena since. I looked around for answers before posting my question and I see alot of talk about levels of birds? I am only aware I am in the silver league and have no idea what level I am beyond my flock power. How can I fix the hat problem so I can level up my slingshot? I obviously need to learn more about this game. I have been so frustrated with having to guess as I go that I almost uninstalled it for something else.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
  • Jon S
    @jon3800

@elliecakes

Hi Ave, there’s a lot of replies to this made by Chucky on similar threads

There should be a total of 13 hats to collect.

+ 1 multiplier hats = party hats, school hats, halloween hats – 20 pearls each
    + 2 multiplier hats = crown, street caps, wigs, beachwear, Christmas hats – 100 pearls each
    + 3 multiplier hats = cowboy, pirate, knight, winter – 1000 pearls each
    + 5 multiplier hats = fancy hats – 25,000 pearls each (can be won at tower of fortune)

If you’re only offered 4 sets in the tower of fortune (elevator), it means you’re not progressing far enough in the tower. The higher multiplier hats only appear when you reach super floors (the floor number is yellow) so you need to play more than 15-20 floors before you’re able to see them and you have 1 chance to win a fancy hat if you complete either ALL 90 floors (if you have a 4 card tower), or like my game a 30 floor tower with 3 cards.

The hats that are awarded to you are completely random, if you have the hat, pearls are given in exchange for it. If you desire to upgrade your slingshot, you NEED to complete your hat set. That means you need to buy the same party hats for red, blues, matilda, chuck, bomb, silver and terrence…Only then can you upgrade your sling shot.

Completing your:

1st hat set = bronze
    2nd hat set = silver
    3rd hat set = gold
    4th hat set = azure
    5th hat set = emerald
    6th hat set = amethyst
    7th hat set = diamond
    8th hat set = elder bronze
    9th hat set = elder silver
    10th hat set = elder gold
    11th hat set = elder azure
    12th hat set = elder emerald
    13th hat set = elder amethyst = REQUIRES FANCY HATS

Being in silver league has nothing to do with the level of birds…this is a ranking system.

You can see the bird levels by looking at the white number that appears at the top left of your card. THAT is your bird level and the flock power is addition of these numbers. If you go to the arena and click on any bird it will give you the level break down

HAT LEVEL + SLING SHOT LEVEL + CARD LEVEL = bird level

CARD LEVEL is the base level and that increases by getting feathers.

1 – vanilla 9 -elder bronze 16- master bronze 23 – pristine bronze
    2 – bronze 10 – elder silver 17 – master silver 24 – pristine silver
    3 – silver 11- elder gold 18 – master gold 25 – pristine gold
    4 – gold 12 – elder azure 19 – master azure 26 – pristine azure
    5 – azure 13 – elder emerald 20 – master emerald 27 – pristine emerald
    6 – emerald 14 – elder amethyst 21 – master amethyst 28 – prisitine amethyst
    7 – amethyst 15 – elder diamond 22- master diamond 29 – pristine diamond
    8 – diamond

keep in mind levels 26-29 are NOT released yet

This is how my bird levels are calculated

My birds are maxed out at level 43 – meaning that ALL my birds are at pristine gold (base level 25) + have an elder amethyst sling shot (which adds 13 to the base 25) and are wearing fancy hats (level 5)

So my bird level 25+13+5 = 43

My FLOCK power is 43 x 7 = 301 because all birds are wearing fancy hats and are at pristine gold level and have the elder amethyst slingshot.

Flock power ONLY changes if you are mixing hats with different levels e.g crowns with party hats which LOWER your flock power. To keep your flock power at the max size, they should be wearing the same multiplier hats. Example my flock power won’t change if I mixed pirate hats with knight caps since they have the same level

Kt
    @ktcain

So glad to see the progression of the Hats and Levels outlined so clearly. Thank you, Jon S

Ave
    @elliecakes

Thank you Jon.

Your reply cleared up most of my questions. I am still unsure about the elevator and tower though. The only elevator in my game is my daily opportunity to win prizes if I pick cards without getting a pig. The higher the level, the better the prize. I haven seen a tower yet. I also have never had more than 110 pearls at any one time so the vast amount of pearls you talk about for the other hats isn’t going to happen. I still am confused though as to whether or not mixed hats is hurting my playing. Should I take the crowns of the two birds that have them and go back to all Halloween so that everybody matches? As to pearls, the only way I have been able to accrue them was in my daily elevator challenge. If the prize was a hat I previously had, I would get 20 pearls. Now if I win a hat though. It gives me the hat, even if I already have it and thst confused me and has taken awsy my only opportunity to get more pearls.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@elliecakes

The elevator and tower thing where you have the daily opportunity to win prizes by drawing cards without drawing a pig IS the “tower of fortune”. It states it before you even play.

The game itself is the tower and your goal is to reach to the top using the elevator and it stops at every floor which you have the chance to win a prize or choosing a pig, which costs you gems and rises exponentially (20,100,200,400,800,1600,3200 and 3200 for every other pig). Every blue floor, you have a chance to win a +1 or +2 hat, every yellow floor you have a chance to win a +3 hat. Count the number of cards you have to choose from? Do you choose from a set of 3 or 4? Like I said above if you have to choose 1 in set of 3 cards, then your tower has only 30 levels. It’s shorter but significantly harder since you have 1/3 chance of drawing pigs. If you have to choose 1 in a set of 4 cards meaning your tower has 90 levels. It’s longer but slightly easier since you have 1/4 chance of drawing a pig.

So a game where
    CARD CARD CARD = 30 floor tower (every 5th floor has a prize hat (+1 or +2 hat) , 15th floor is the yellow floor (+3 hat) , 30th floor is the jackpot floor where you win a fancy hat +5 that sells for 25,000 pearls)

CARD CARD CARD CARD = 90 floor tower (every 5th floor has a prize (+1 or +2 hat), every 30th floor is a yellow floor that you can win a +3 hat, and the top 90th floor is the jackpot where you win the fancy hat +5.

If you want the pearls, you need to devote a lot of time into this game to start hoarding them. I currently have 7000 pearls each on 2 devices and playing on 2 devices cuts the tedious levelling in half. Pearls are won in 3 ways

1) Playing the tower/card game. If you want more pearls, you need to play the tower more often and advance further, and reach level 30 (if you have a 4 card game) or (level 15 if you have a 3 card game)

2) Winning the weekly arena tournament: You need to play the arena OFTEN. I devote at least 6-7 hours a day on this one. You need to complete the 7 streak which awards you feathers, spells and tickets, which helps you increase your base levels. In order to get the maximum pearls, you need to place 1st

1st place = 300 pearls
    2nd place = 200 pearls
    3rd place = 180 pearls
    4th place = 150 pearls (the sweet spot)
    5th place = 75 pearls
    6th place = 50 pearls
    7th place = 25 pearls
    8th place = 10 pearls
    9th place = 5 pearls

1st place is almost always impossible to get because you have these players with too much free time on their hands playing the game 10-12 hours a day. Placing at least 3rd-4th is where you want to be. Placing the top 3 will bring you up in league. Prizes are the same, but opponents get harder.

3) Winning the daily challenges (DC) and daily king pig panic (KPP). When you play the game do you notice that there’s a challenge that’s available for 8 hours? That is a daily challenge and you need to need to beat 3 levels to get feathers, a chest, some spells and 30 pearls. If you successfully beat the daily challenge, you have 1 hour to beat king pig panic, where it has 5 levels to complete (last one in both DC and KPP are boss levels) for a chance to win feathers, 1 chest, 1 spell and 100 pearls. You need to play this everyday for a total of 130 pearls. In one week this gives you 910 pearls!!

ABOUT THE HATS

As stated above

+ 1 multiplier hats = party hats, school hats, halloween hats – 20 pearls each
    + 2 multiplier hats = crown, street caps, wigs, beachwear, Christmas hats – 100 pearls each
    + 3 multiplier hats = cowboy, pirate, knight, winter – 1000 pearls each
    + 5 multiplier hats = fancy hats – 25,000 pearls each (can be won at tower of fortune)

It Only hurts your playing if you bought ALL the crowns (+2) and decided to remove in place of lesser hats (+1) like halloween/party hats instead because they look better. Yes, that hurts your chances because it lowers your flock power because your bird levels are lower. If you have crown sets, USE them and don’t switch back to +1 hats

If you mix hats at the same level say wigs with christmas hats, your chances are NOT hurt because it doesn’t change your bird level and it will not affect your flock power, and you can see the chance by looking at the number on the top left of the bird card. Like I said, I have level 43 birds. If I remove one fancy hat (+5) and replace it with a knight cap (+3), one of my birds will drop to level 41 and it will reduce my flock power by 2 (from 301 to 299) and yes that hurts my chances.

For the prizes at the tower (i.e card game)

If you draw a +1 hat and you already have it (i.e party hat)- it gives you 10 pearls
    If you draw a +2 hat and you already have it (i.e crown) – it gives you 20 pearls
    If you draw a +3 hat and you already have it (i.e cowboy) – it gives you 50 pearls
    If you draw a +5 hat and you already have it (i.e fancy hat) – it gives you 500 pearls

If you draw a hat that you don’t have yet, the game will save it in the arena, meaning you will NOT have to spend the pearls needed to buy the hat again since it’s already won. Meaning it just saved you 100 pearls

If you draw a hat that you already have, you get the pearls for it, in which you save to buy the hats that you do not win/get. I’d recommend saving for +3 hats since it’s pointless to spend on +1 and +2 hats. If you have the hat and you DON’T get pearls, you need to report it to the game developers at https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/categories/200410357-Angry-Birds-2

Ave
    @elliecakes

Thanks Jon,

That made more sense to me and cleared up my questions. :-)

Chris Rudd
    @chris-rudd

Terrific and very informative post – thanks!

Jon S
    @jon3800

@chris-rudd

Thanks Chris :)

To let everyone know there’s been a massive change, other than pristine azure (level 26) released on Thursday.

The version of the Tower where you draw 3 cards and have top jackpot floor is 30 (where you win fancy hats)has been removed in place of the 4 card 90 floor tower. At least I was able to get all my fancy hats while it lasted, but this really bothers me because they offered it to me and removed it just like that. Everyone should have that version, not the 90 floors, it’s too overboard. Quite frankly the tower has really ruined the game for me with their greed.

When I had the 30 floors it was 20,100,200,400,800,160,3200, then 3200 for every pig drawn

With the 90 floor tower, there’s a 50 in between the 20 and the 100 to make it seem that’s not expensive yet. So in other words, you’ll have 20 gems for the first pig, 50 for the second, 100 for the 3rd then doubles each time and caps off at 3200 for every pig drawn.

BirdOfPray
    @birdofpray

I’ve been searching for the answer to this: I completed the Crowns hat set early, and now have acquired most of the hats blowing to lower-level sets. Can I equip (“Use”) all the hats from those lower-level sets that I haven’t completed, in order to cause an upgrade to my slingshot? After upgrading my currently silver slingshot, can I then re-equip the flock with their crown, in order to improve their scores?

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

@birdofpray You don’t need to change your current hats; slingshot upgrades automatically every time you complete some hat set.

BirdOfPray
    @birdofpray

@sambeaver, thanks — you are correct.

ONE MORE THING — If one of my birds has a x3 Cowboy Hat, does that MULTIPLY the score of THAT bird by 3, or ONLY add to to total “bird power” multiplier?

FOR EXAMPLE:

“Bomb” has a crown (x2), slingshot (x4), and card level (x10), for a total of 16.

Increasing the slingshot level to 5 OR buying a Cowboy hat (x3) will both increase Bomb’s level to 17.

However, in the above scenario for Bomb ONLY — does having a x3 hat + x4 slingshot result in a higher score for Bomb than if he had a x2 hat + x5 slingshot?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

It only adds up – 5 and 2 as well as 4 and 3 will both result in a multiplier addition of +7.

kelshe
    @kelshe

I got a knight hat in the TOF but my bird power remains the same. Shouldn’t it have increased by the power of that hat? Once before, I completed a hat set and my slingshot didn’t upgrade. That required me to uninstall the game so Rovio could fix it. Think I’ll have to do that again? Never mind…figured it out.

Ave
    @elliecakes

I wish I could get my issues resolved. Having so many tech issues this week I am ready to uninstall and go Back to bookworm lol

cognitive
    @cognitive

Another hat related question. I have all my birds with a 500 pearl variety +3 hat (cowboy set) plus one knight hat and one winter hat (1000 pearl variety) I got off the ToF.

I’ve amassed about 2000 pearls and was wondering if it makes sense to buy a set (knight or pirate or what not) of the +3 1000p’s. At my rate it will be literally months before I have another 3000-4000 p’s. I play DC and win every day, today I won KPP but doubt I will do it daily. So figure weekly haul of 210 + 100 + 90 from ToF, say, 300p’s a week. Not likely to have time to play for 1st or 2nd place in Arena.

So, what should I do? spend the pearls on a set – say knight or pirate – or hoard and wait? I rarely – like, rarely – lose a match and the extra boost from a set is rather irrelevant as it will only place me with higher level people.

Any suggestions?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Until you don’t get the full set, it will not boost any bird. If you just buy one or two of the hats you will not get any further.

I wouldn’t buy it and probably wait for some cheaper hat sets in future updates, that you could then buy and get the same “raise” your bird Level as you get with the knight’s or pirate’s hats.

You could also follow an explicit instruction, postet sometimes in this Forum by CaptSternn and buy all the hats…

cognitive
    @cognitive

Thanks, will do… I was thinking more along the same lines.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Question on hats

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.