PvP (3 on 1 Game Freeze)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum PvP (3 on 1 Game Freeze)

• Sorry in advance if this should be in a separate forum.

I was playing PvP last night, stone league. I came across an opponent that only had one bird(knight), and very low level. This is the 2nd time I have seen this type of battle so I knew in order to get 3 stars I had to kill the opponents bird a few times. I used Paladin, Mage, and Rogues, I used Paladin to kill, then used the support functions of the others on each bird, until all 3 basically had each others support functions. When his/her Knight came too, and attacked he immediately died, causing the game to freeze.

I could still tap each bird to see their details, the game just never progressed to my turn. I have a screen shot, but do not know how to upload. Anyone run into this?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

I do get freezes in the game occasionally, though not in the exact situation you describe.

One question though, why do you think you would need to knock the red bird out more than once to get three stars? 2,000 for the bird, plus 15,000 for the opponent banner, plus 30,000 for your own banner would give you 47,000 points in the battle, well above the 45,000 needed for three stars.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I wanted to see how many times I could take the knight out. That back fired.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The game might not have been frozen. You probably forgot to take out the enemy banner when it was your turn.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I never recieved my turn back. It was stuck in limbo after his/her bird attacked my birds and killed himself. It was as if the AI forgot to make the transition to my team, since he had no one else on his team.

After a while I had to reset the game. At that point I was okay.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@rucustum

This doesn’t answer your question about freezing, but I thought I would weigh in about what a 3-star score is in the arena. 45,000 points is enough for 3 stars. You earn 15,000 points for destroying the opponent’s banner, and up to 30,000 points for your banner (specifically 30,000 points for a banner with full health, then decrease the points by the percentage of its health lost).

Therefore you CAN earn 3 stars without ever knocking out an opponent bird, but you must have full banner health. Each time you KO can opponent bird, you earn 2000 points, so you can weigh that against the banner health.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@amslimfordy
    At the time I didn’t have the best knowledge of the scoring system. Right after I made this topic this exact situation came up again, 3 vs 1. I killed the knight then, the banner, and received 30K for my banner, 2k for the bird, and 15k for the win. So as of know I do have a better understanding.

I appreciate the response though.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@amslimfordy @rucustum I believe there is a limit to how many birds you get points for if you knock them out. I think it’s six for a total of twelve thousand points.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@tigerussell
    the highest score I have ever received was 57K, so that would make sense

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@rucustum — I just checked, you get credit for the first eight birds you knock out (no more after that). 30,000 for banner 15,000 for enemy banner 16,000 max for enemy birds. Score is capped at 61,000 for any one match.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@rucustum and @tigerussell

The highest score you can get is 61,000. I have gotten this many times with my level 18 game. So you can get 2,000 points for a max of 8 knocked out birds, on top of the 45,000 from the banners.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

61K is the cap for me too. There is one objective where you have to kill 10 birds in one battle. Other than that don’t waste your time killing a lot of birds.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

I just think players with 1 or 2 birds shouldn’t be able to access the arena. Players who have 1 bird are between South Beach-1 and SB-4 (XP lvl 1-2) and those with 2 birds are between Pig Prison and Cobalt Plateaus-12 (XP level 3-4). It’s horrible for them and too easy for lucky lv 41 players…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon Are you sure 8 birds are the maximum you can get points from? I know the cap is 61K, but I figured you could 3 star with a heavily damaged banner if you knocked out enough birds.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@killerkea — Yes eight is the limit. During my test I killed 12 and finished with slight damage to my banner. My score was 58,936.

laura118b
    @laura118b

That’s not entirely true. When starting off you can’t access the player arena, or at least my daughter couldn’t until she had all the birds. There are two ways you can be seeing single birds.
    1)they are in the Bamboo Woods post birdnapping. If you haven’t gotten them back from the pigs they aren’t in the arena.

2)you are bumping into a glitch with Amazon players. If you allow Epic to a child’s Kindle Freetime, like I did with my daughter, they can play in a normal fashion. But, they cannot connect to social media on them. So they connect one time before Freetime notices and shuts it down. So while she is level 15 in her game and in the arena, my list only shows her as level 1 with just one bird. There may be ghosts of these players out there, players that can access the arena but show up ridiculously under powered on other people’s lists.

That raises a good question actually, could Rovio be pulling ghosts not from players, but players friends lists? It could explain why the same players show up on multiple boards, they’re mutual friends of the other players on that board?

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I Don’t have any way to prove this, but I’m pretty sure that your arena opponents are pulled from all accounts. Not just the ones who play in the arena. They use some kind of algorithm to match you with someone of your approximate level and mastery. Seems to be within around +-3 levels of each. Also they seem to be within 2 league levels. Counting people who don’t do arena as being in wood league. It’s all speculation and observation.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@laura118b Thank you for your answer. For the kidnapping of the birds I thought only 3 birds out of 5 were kidnapped. Someone should verify…

laura118b
    @laura118b

No, you’re right, not all the birds are kidnapped. But you can be in the arena at that point in the game, and you can be missing birds.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

this may be a little off, current topic, but I have came across a team of two, that had level 10 birds. I have also come across level 1/2 birds with all set items, including the banner.

laura118b
    @laura118b

Yup, there have been some strange combos showing up. I faced a team yesterday that said lv 41, yet the birds were all 1/2 mastery and I took them all and the banner out in just 2 hits. Rainbird and Samurai.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum PvP (3 on 1 Game Freeze)

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.