Problems not fixed after 1.2.4 update

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Problems not fixed after 1.2.4 update

• Please list problems you notice like set items reduced after update or things that still aren’t fixed.

You still can’t use two vitality items like the Blessed Idol and a vitality flag. If you try to equip both only the 10% bonus from the flag works.

Besides that problem vitality bonuses aren’t always calculated correctly. For example, the Blessed idol increases my blues health from 2160 to 2592 which is 20% like it is supposed to, but for Chuck it only goes from 2108 to 2450 which is only 16.2%.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Maybe wait until the 1.2.5 update that was released for Android yesterday is out for iOS (probably sometime today). Some of the issues might have been fixed in that update.

Anonymous

There are also still some Arena cheating methods out there also. So cheating is still a problem.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I think the Blessed Idol issue has to do with the way health is calculated.
    I assume Chuck is equipped with the Lightning Tome, which gives a 23% increase in health. The base health for Chuck before the 23% bonus is applied is 1714. If you add 23% for the Lightning Tome and 20% for your Blessed Idol, calculated using the base of 1714, you get a health of 2450.

I presume your Blues is equipped with the Remote Control or Ballista Bolts, which do not add a similar health bonus.

Joe
    @jee1278

I lost about 1000 health points on my red flag set and almost 900 on my burning flag set

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@killerkea I described that in the bugs thread. This is wierd because before update everything was fine.

burbman
    @burbman

Start battle icon in Arena frequently greyed out and unable to start after first battle.

Energy drinks earned on event prize wheel fail to add to player totals

Cauldron freezes after spin for stars

Diamond League Set items are lower health than even zero star items from GAPM

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Start battle icon in Arena frequently greyed out and unable to start after first battle.

Energy drinks earned on event prize wheel fail to add to player totals

Cauldron freezes after spin for stars

Diamond League Set items are lower health than even zero star items from GAPM

The icon is grayed out because an opponent can not be loaded, this will probably clear up as time goes on and the database with opponents gets updated.

Energy Drinks not registered is an issue. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Cauldron freeze is fixed in version 1.2.5 that has been released to Android and probably will soon be released for iOS.

The Set Items being weaker is not a bug, Rovio intentionally lowered them to balance the Arena.

burbman
    @burbman

@angryjohnny – I understand weakening set items, but in the Diamond league, there was never much of an advantage to them. To now make them the weakest possible items that a player can achieve via the Golden Pig Machine in the arena is just plain illogical. I spent 500 LC each of the past two weeks (filled my rainbow bar twice each week) during my rainbow riot in an attempt to obtain all of the set items at the diamond level. I got most of them, but now they are weaker than the items I already had.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@burbman I am just guessing but Rovio’s reasoning might be that in the higher league you have to be more strategic with your banner items and choose between having a constant higher defense or having the bonus that the set items give and can be what makes you win the battle. Again, just guessing.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon That is what they did, but they are being inconsistent with rules because that is not how they calculate other things. Everywhere else the bonuses are multiplied so it should be 1.23 * 1.2 not 1 + .23 + .2.

@burbman
    I completely agree with you, but this isn’t the first time they have done something like this. They should have thought of a better way to balance things. There was a thread here that made suggestions on how to better balance things and weakening items was never one of the suggestions. However I think they made the Blessed Set too powerful and should have done more beta testing before releasing the arena.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I agree there seems to be some inconsistency. But I think they work it out to minimise the bonus effect. Applying the health bonus this way minimises the final health.

If you consider shielding and damage reduction, they multiply the numbers together. For example, with Samurai’s shield and a vigour effect, you multiply the damage by 0.5 or 0.6 (50 or 40% reduction) and then multiply this again by 0.92 (8% reduction). If you added the reductions, (50 or 40% and 8%) then the damage reduction would be greater. So, I guess they are being consistent in terms of minimising the benefit.

I am sure @dr_ishmael could provide some further insight here.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

There’s a great news for X86 based Android devices:
    Eventually the latest update can be played on such devices (Asus Memo Pad ME572C).
    I played it for few minutes and it is smooth.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Update 1.2.5 is now out for iOS users. Hopefully some of these problems are addressed.

YoKo
    @yoko

And free rolls (sponsored) crash on iOS devices :(

I battled a team with red protecting the flag. The next turn halfway my attacks, the battle ended with my flag at half the health and the enemy flag still about 5%. I could not do anything anymore and suddenly the loss screen showed up… Wtf?

I was winning big time, but somehow the battle was completely bugged.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I agree with the set item weakening problem injustice. Set items were originally supposed to be stronger than normal items. If set items are weakened so severely (My items are down at least 12% health), then why not just get rid of them? I only have one full set bonus, so it’s not fair that I lose something that already balances the battles. What’s outrageous is that even set items are weaker than NORMAL items. They should have made the sets weaker in the first place, not after the update…
    EDIT: And the matching still hasn’t been adjusted to get more weaker opponents than previously!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I don’t use one myself, but has the issue with running the game on an emulator been resolved with the update.

Anonymous

@Freckledpig147 I agree. I mean Set Items are Set Items for a REASON. They are supposed to be extremely powerful. Its not like they were unbalanced anyway. They definitely were NOT OP. As rare as they are they should be stronger. I mean Rovio might as well make the birds Set Items weaker too :P.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Problems not fixed after 1.2.4 update

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.