Problem With Hidden Loot Crates

Home Forums Bad Piggies Fan Club by Pigineering Problem With Hidden Loot Crates

• Hey all,

I like the update — hidden loot crates are fun…

…except when they don’t work. I watch the movie to find the crate, but then the screen just goes to the generic level choice grid. I am not taken to the level where the crate can be found.

Is this how it is supposed to be? I.e. am I supposed to have to search every level for the crate? The first crate of the day seems to always work correctly, and yesterday all three worked. But two days ago (and today), crates 2 and 3 will not be displayed in their level after I watch the movie and tap the “>>” button.

Anyone else struggling with this?

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

I’m not. When I watch that video and click the button, I am taken to the level with the crate. I don’t know what’s wrong with yours. Maybe you should tell Rovio.

On a related note, did you know that there’s a crate hidden in the credits? If you click the i button on the setting screen and scroll down far enough, you’ll see a metal crate that you can actually open for a reward like any other crate!

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@kingpiggy087

Thanks for the hint about the crate in the credits!

Yeah, I am going to have to contact Rovio I guess. Both Bad Piggies and Epic have major issues for me all of a sudden. Really sucks.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Anonymous

I commonly get sent to the level grid as well. But when that happens, one of the levels have a tiny crate near the number. Did you look hard enough to see if ones there?

Anonymous

@kingpiggy087 Where is this crate in the credits? I’ve gone through several times and couldn’t find it.

Edit: Nevermind. Just went back and found it. But it definitely was not there before. :P

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@partshade

My savior…wow, do I feel dumb! Yeah, it was there, just had to slide to a previous grid.

So, sometimes the movie puts you right into the level, other times you have to go find it. But it is definitely indicated. I was just thrown off by the inconsistent delivery of the information. They should always use the indicator, not have it so that sometimes you go to a level but other times you are facing a level grid where no icon is apparent…

Gold crate made me burn goggles to find it in the dark. So, there is some sacrifice to be made. *smile* Now I finally have something to do in a Rovio game again!

Thanks so much, partshade!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Anonymous

No prob! We all have those moments. :D

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@partshade, @kingpiggy087

Just an FYI on what Rovio support sent me (even though I told them to never mind — kinda nice):

“The logic behind the hidden loot crate videos is that if the level where the crate is hiding is open, you are taken to the level directly. If the level is locked, you’re taken to the level selection menu of the episode where the crate is, and the level from which you can find the crate is marked with a small picture of crate on the level button.”

Now, I did write them back, seeing as how I have had everything unlocked for months. So, it should always be able to take me directly to the open level. I understand goggles might be required to find a crate in the dark, but it should always be able to take me directly to the open level in my case. So, there might still be a small bug there.

No matter, really, as using the level-chooser grid with the crate icon displaying works just fine.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

You’re welcome. Yeah, you’re not alone. I’ve also got some bugs–including one where the app crashes (or force-quits or whatever it’s called) after I complete a level in Rise and Swine. I still get the snout coin reward, but it’s annoying how I have to reopen the game whenever I beat one of those levels.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@kingpiggy087

Huh, weird. I just re-did all levels of Rise and Swine (to get the coins) yesterday and had no crashes (I do usually have one or two crashes, some which are enough to force a whole tablet restart).

That stinks, though. It is already tedious enough going through all these again — though some levels are just indelibly fun no matter how many times I do them.

Did you notice that you can watch the ad for 12 coins (reward doubler) every half hour, even if you haven’t acquired any coins from the level? So, if you log in every half hour you can make 24 coins per hour just for watching ads… Not sure if that is a bug or if the +12 (reward doubler) ads will eventually go away or what…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

In case anyone reads this thread through to the bitter end, here is Rovio’s final reply (an overall very nice customer service experience!):

“In case you have all of the levels unlocked, then there’s a problem with the videos. The developers will take a look at this. Unfortunately I don’t have any instant workarounds for this issue but keep an eye on the updates!”

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Home Forums Bad Piggies Fan Club by Pigineering Problem With Hidden Loot Crates

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.