Problem with accounting in the Professors Lab

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Problem with accounting in the Professors Lab

• I have noticed this bug twice, but haven’t seen others complain about it, so maybe it hasn’t been documented yet….

I have a silo with 75/75 anger chips. If I go to the lab and try to transform 3 of them into something else, but get awarded 5 more chips, the graphic shows some of them being put back into the silo and some being turned into money. HOWEVER, looking back at the silo, there are only 72 chips. Basically, it took my chips, but did not pay out the reward. I think I saw it do the same thing with the blue squares. Not sure if it does this when you have room for all 5 chips.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
  • Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Similar thing happened to me with Deceptigears, I had 96 Deceptigears and used 1 of them in the Lab and was rewarded 5 Deceptigears but when I left the Lab they were converted in to coins and my Lab showed 95 Deceptigears!!

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Ok I’ve seen a couple posts on this and it’s not to hard to figure out. The game is NOT real time, every time you go into the lab it takes a snapshot of your materials, this is why you can’t stay in the lab and make more than 1 combo at a time. You can only collect materials IF you have room for the quantity awarded going into the lab. So if you have 96 auto cogs you only have room for 4 no matter if you use them in the current combo you are making. Once you get the prize and are thrown out of the lab it then takes another snapshot when you go back in. Nothing in the game, nodes, missions, the lab, are real time they are saved points. Hope this explains it.

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

Drewish, I can buy that the game is not real time, but I cannot buy that this is proper behavior and not a bug. I go in for the express purpose of using up three of my anger chips, for example, because I am completely full. I use them and get an award. But here is the kicker, the graphic shows some of them being put back in the bank, but it lies. They aren’t there. When you complete a mission and there isn’t room for what you won, the graphic shows the stuff turning to coins and not going there in the first place. The different behavior is because it is a bug in the software.

drew
    @drewmarlor

BuriedT I’m not disagreeing that there is something wrong the coding for the lab it’s not like the rest of the game, nodes, and missions work differently from the lab that is for sure, I’m just explaining why it happens. You can’t use material on a node or on a mission so the program knows what the values are going in and coming out and what to do with material after it’s over. The lab is not that way as you use material in the lab and the system doesn’t know the difference going in vs coming out, yes they use a standard graphic to show you being awarded the item (the material goes down to your silo) but that’s where the error is, it’s not capable of going over the max amount so it errors and gives nothing. Not sure how they would fix this one as it would require the games accessing material as it’s used and making adjustments for it, I don’t see it happening but I would like to see them fix to at least convert the item to coins so we get SOMETHING.

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

Drew, your argument is pure BS. I realized that when I noticed that the lab actually subtracts from the count for each supply as you choose them. You can see the count go down! Of course, I assumed the software could and was keeping track, only now I don’t have to assume anything. This is a bug clear and simple. It knows how much space is available, it is just doing the math wrong.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Problem with accounting in the Professors Lab

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.