Problem downloading purchased games to iphone.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Problem downloading purchased games to iphone.

• I’m having a problem which probably has a simple explanation, but I don’t know what it is. So, if you ever wanted to make an Admin look like an idiot, and get away with it.. Here’s your chance :)

I have every AB game on my ipad. Have for a ling time. This Christmas, I got an iphone. As some of you know, I hate phones, and haven’t had one in a long time. (11 years. My last one flipped, and had actual buttons!)

So, when setting it up, i went to the App Store, and Purchases, and started pulling down all my apps. The problem is, most of the AB games aren’t listed. The only ones it showed were:

Stella, Star Wars II, Go, Epic, Transformers

Not Shown: AB Original, Rio, Space, Star Wars, Bad Piggies.

Anyone know why these aren’t listed, and how I can get them without re-buying everything? I bought them all with the same Apple ID, and when I switched iPads a month ago, they were all available. The only thing I can think of, some may have been the HD version, which per Rovio is not compatible with iPhone. Other than that, I have no idea. I’m guessing I either have to re-buy the iPhone versions, or use the Free ones, but I don’t like either of those options. :)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

@kelani The older Rovio apps are not optimized for both iPhone and iPad. That means that the iPhone and iPad version of the apps are different apps in the app store. The reason for that is because the iPad version is HD and costs more then the iPhone versions. So you will have to purchase them again for your iPhone. But the newer Rovio apps are optimized for both iPhone and iPad, which means if you have purchased it on for example an iPad you can get it on your iPhone without purchasing it again.

Kelani
    @kelani

@bad-piggies-2 Thanks for the quick reply. I figured that’s what it was. Ah well, after all the quality flinging time I’ve gotten out of these older games, I guess tossing Rovio a few more bucks isn’t such a bad thing. :)

Thanks again!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Problem downloading purchased games to iphone.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.