Presence in multiple leagues

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Presence in multiple leagues

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 157 total)
  • Replies
  • Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Not only do I have to deal with cheaters, but also have to “compete?” against people in higher leagues who can grind points faster than me? Wow Rovio! Thanks!

@neomerlinmagic, yep, that’s exactly what’s going on.

@all, In the mean time it remains silent in the Rovio camp. I requested a formal statement from them regarding this.

It was interesting to see that support responded very quickly to my first requests regarding this (within the day!!!!!) I’ve posted all that stuff in here. After my request for a “formal” statement, it became quiet and I haven’t heard anything since.

I guess (mostly hope actually) that some people at Rovio may be scratching their heads now with this one…

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@larry

Everyone at Rovio may be hiding under their desks waiting for this to blow over until the PERFECT next update comes out! I wonder if the bosses are mean or mad? The worker bees may be under a lot of stress right now. May the force with them until all of this gets fixed.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Here’s my final board, if anybody wants to compare the scores for 911, who appeared on another board as well.
    Week 12 final.jpg
    Week 12final.jpg
    Week 12 final.jpg

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, I did send a tweet to Peter Vesterbacka, and he did say “Thanks”, so at least we know the upper management at Rovio is aware of the problem, and something may be done about it.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Here’s my week 12 Gold League final board.

S1W12GL.jpg

@mvnla2, I hope your tweet helps. The more noise we can make, the better I guess. I noticed you did the same for the cheaters thread. I really hope Rovio Management are taking this stuff serious.

@snarky
    , first glance looks pretty much okay. I suspected some small differences, but it seems like the scoring is properly synced.

Here’s my board of this week. I’m very curious how many are on there who don’t belong…

Start Wk11.png

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mimi and @renitz This is the data I collated for player “911” from both of your leaderboards.

mimi27, 5 days left, position 2, score 22,875
    renitz, 5 days left (3h later), position 4, score 23,370
    mimi27, 66:21:16 left, position 5, score 41,660
    renitz, 57:37:40 left, position 8, score 45,435
    mimi27, 44:56:20 left, position 4, score 45,480
    mimi27, finish, position 6, score 54,980

All the point scores are consistent with the timing and nothing appears out of order. If you have any further information please let me know. But I don’t think there is much we can learn from this. I don’t even think we can make a guess as to whose board 911 was actually on.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@kerravon Treated myself to almost epic arena free weekend starting Friday night. So I didn’t check anymore what the scores where. Only did objectives sunday morning.
    When I wanted to check at 20:30 sunday (gmt +1) I saw that someone demoted me to 13th place and had to do a last half hour battle sprint to get 12th place, just managed that with maybe 50 points difference, he or she was also playing. No time to check the full scoreboard in detail. lol

And actually that was more exciting and fun that I had for along time in arena.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@neomerlinmagic

I don’t know if it was “you” but I played several battles against a player named YOU in the platinum league yesterday.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry Have you got Davichito on your leaderboard two weeks in a row?

Larry, if we go back to your essay/book, with two separate databases – (1) your ID and score and (2) with your leaderboard – what possible reason could there be for the game to fill your leaderboard up with players who are already on other leaderboards? I have had leaderboards that were not full at the end of a week – although I can’t specifically recall this occurring in recent weeks. Would this filling of leaderboards happen at the start of a week or later in the week?

If anyone can think of a reason why this may have been done, please add your 2 cents. I know nothing about computer programming and will be totally unaware of any specific programming requirements.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@renitz That’s pretty funny. A desperate battle for 12th place.

I left my gold league game on Sunday night in third place with a lead of about 1,500 points. I checked in the morning (the new week starts for me at 7 am Monday) to find I finished in third by 25 points. Fourth place must have run out of time or banners.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@kerravon Yeah that was really cutting it close, he/she had a lead of 600 points, so no time the check line up strengths, just play as many battles possible. Maybe something for the wish list hahaha.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry — My post to Peter about the cheaters was before Rovio “fixed” the cheating problem. Any help creating a tweet on the current problem would be appreciated. I doubt Peter is aware that the problem is continuing.

@mvnla2, with the “current” problem, I assume you’re referring to the ongoing cheaters? Or this duplicate players thing?

About the cheaters, I’d just stick with saying that the cheaters are still an issue. Updates have not patched all holes.

About the leagues, I think you did well considering the limited amount of characters in a tweet…

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@dallasreds

Maybe it was. I’m in Gold League, but apparently that doesn’t matter.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@all

There was several times that I was making an eleventh hour run for a higher place. I could have swore several times that I was in direct competition with another person for that last minute place. Now I’m not so sure we was even directly competing for the same position.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

See my post in the cheaters thread for replies from Rovio about ghost players and cheaters:

Take Action Against Cheaters

I’ve used “ghost players” to refer to the duplicates of a player that are in a different league than the real player.

james.dale.733
    @jamesd

My suspicion is that the league you are in only really exists for you. The scores of the other players are really their scores, but each player has their own table and and cross overs are just chance. When some of the guys here did that experiment trying to get into a nesters league with each other, was there any success?

Hi @jamesd, what you are describing is only the case for the normal events. The arena boards are supposed to be the same for everyone on it. This has been confirmed many times in this forum since several nesters have shared boards, although unintentionally.

Rovio has confirmed this multiple boards issue by mentioning that it actually is a “backup” system. However, this system creates an unfair playing field. Especially since the players are present across the different levels of leagues. You can find all details in this thread, just read through the first pages of posts as well.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@larry I have someone on my board calling themselves abn_larry. The picture doesnt match your usual avatars and there is no score. I started as soon as possible this week. Ill post a screencast shortly.

Anonymous

@tigerussell Wow that’s weird. From all the pictures Larry posted his profile was just Larry.

@larry
    Do you think that this is your local game account? Because I would assume you play the Arena on Rovio Account.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Screenshot_2015-03-15-21-13-25.png
    The picture is gone. No avatar now. Weird.

EDIT: @partshade I think Larry used that back when we were trying to form a league of ABN players. The account also now has a score. Backup system my foot.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@tigerussell It’s probably someone that larry annoyed or who reads this site. Could you take some screenshots every now and again and upload if something interesting happens? Maybe you could change your name to something like”no_i’m_abn_larry”.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Presence in multiple leagues

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.