Potential for a sequel?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Potential for a sequel?

• It occurred to me that there are in fact enough birds from the regular “flinging” game to fill out a new band of five in a theoretical Angry Birds Epic 2, if Red is kept as the protagonist:

Stella (pink)
    Bubbles (orange)
    Hal (green)
    Terrence (large red).

And then I got thinking of party roles and differences in game balance – if it was the same game, only reskinned, that would be boring; if anyone around here played City of Heroes while it was running, think of the Villain archetypes as an analogy. In the original game, birds’ roles could be thought of as relating to Single Damage, Multiple Damage, Healing, Damage Reduction, Effects (that is, dealing with them by cleansing and dispelling), and Control (stunning or redirection of attacks).

So based on what the other four birds do when flung, I can see boomerang Hal as some kind of martial-arts mystic, a plausible basis for Healing/Control oriented classes with decent single target damage. Stella is an obvious shield mage with her rainbow bubbles, making her a clear choice for party defense with a side of Effects (breaking shields to go along with making them). Terrence makes a fine stand-in for Bomb, but perhaps with more focus on being a tank than on throwing out tons and tons of damage, though naturally he should be able to hit reasonably hard as well, and I can see Bubbles taking a similar role as Blues. With a lineup like this it would make sense for Red to increase focus on dealing damage rather than shielding, but his classes could probably remain pretty similar.

I’d play it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • Danke_
    @danke

@flashbakes The potential of a sequel it’s rather high, but due to the game itself not being fully finished, we can take your idea as “how the sequel may look”.Also, The Main traits of Green bird have never been revealed, so we can expect something completely different.( Green bird never appeared in any Toons video) Nice ideas though, Cheers!

FlashBakes
    @flashbakes

Yeah, he seems to have been pretty forgotten – I’m just going by the “strike from an unusual angle, but requires patience to use” aspect of his in-game properties, because there is no character data beyond game mechanics. It seemed to fit a “martial artist mystic” concept.

Unless he’s a tough-as-nails Australian outback survivor, with the boomerang thing and all ;) This is equally plausible of course. Wild speculation is fun!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Potential for a sequel?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.