Players starting with an extra bird

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Players starting with an extra bird

• Quite a few times I’ve played against people that on the vs screen have the same amount of cards yet when the game starts they have gained one extra card. Why is this?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@nkaned — I’ve also seen this a couple of times. The first time I wasn’t sure, but the second time I was.

@bankler
    — If you haven’t already added this to your list of things to investigate, please do.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

This occurs when your opponent has requested the extra free bird at the end of his/her game. This is not a bug but an annoying feature – unless you beat him/her enough, this advantage will force you to request the extra bird too –> more AD income for Rovio.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dezsike — I’m not sure you’re correct. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen lots of players start out with the correct number of birds/cards (7 + spells shown on opponent screen) and still get one (or several) extra cards at the end.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

@mvnla2 – Monitor the number of cards your opponent has during the game. As far as I’ve noticed the 8th card suddenly disappear when your opponent earn his/her 2nd or 3rd extra card and then reappear at the end in the form of an exta card (the destruct-o-meter fill instantly just like when a golden pig is popped in a normal level). The same is happening when your opponent used more spells than you, those are appearing the same way at the end, one after the other.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Actually I somehow got two cards when I was playing level 9. I had gone back to level 9 to see if I could find a friend gift. I filled the destruction meter and got an extra card, as expected. However it then gave me a second extra card! I had eight cards and there was no golden pig. So there might be another game glitch that’s awarding extra cards. I just wish it would kick in when I was doing one of those six room levels.

freeb1rd
    @freeb1rd

I am not aware of how to request an extra bird at the end of a level. Would someone explain this to me? Many times I end a level with several bird cards left but they do not carry over to the next level nor have I ever seen an option to request an extra bird except to purchase. Is that it?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@freeb1rd – I may be wrong but I think you are writing about the levels in the AB2 game, while others on this thread are mostly discussing The Arena.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@freeb1rd — If you are talking about the regular levels, you should at least some of the time be getting an option to watch an ad to get an extra bird if you haven’t completed the level. If you are playing the arena and have run out of birds while your opponent is ahead, you should be given the option to watch an ad to get an extra bird. If that bird fills up the destruct meter, you should get another extra bird.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dezsike — I think what you are saying about players with one extra card may be how it is supposed to work: If your opponent was given and took the option to get an extra card, that card shows up at the beginning of the battle, and quickly disappears. I have yet to see anyone with 2 or 3 extra cards at the beginning, yet lots of us have seen opponents who get 2 or 3 extra birds at the end when their icon is greyed out.
    @bankler — I think the players who get many extra cards at the end, and who do not have an extra card at the beginning have figured out a way to cheat.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

@mvnla2 I’m agreeing with you. I just finished a battle in the arena and my opponent was grayed out for the last two birds. As soon as I threw my last one he/she came up with three games. Rovio is turning this game into a joke. It’s getting to the point where I’m deciding if I just uninstall the game.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

I think the problem is, that some opponents score so many points that they win many extra birds. This always happens at the end of the match. I still don’t get it that someone with the same amount of birds left scores suddenly hundred thousands of points before the match is over and wins }:-(

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@nkaned
    Most likely it’s related to a presentation problem that is playing all kinds of tricks in the arena at the moment. Most of these issues I hope should be fixed in the next update. I’m not 100% sure if what you’re seeing is another symptom of these problems, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

As I side note, sometimes you play against players who seem to have fewer than 7 birds. When this happens, it’s not that the opponent hacked the game (which some people believe), but that they did exit the run before they had thrown all birds. This is a bug, not something we intended. After next update, runs like these will not be uploaded at all.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Players starting with an extra bird

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.