Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • MadMike
    @madmike

My objectives were not that hard:

1. Win 3 arena battles in total! – 1000 points
    2. Win arena battles and knock Bomb 3 times! – 1500 points
    3. Win 5 arena battles playing with the Knight class! – 3000 points

mich
    @m-ich

I was saving up for the golden chili when the update hit. Can anyone confirm whether it works in arena battles?

edit: My objectives were fairly easy too:
    – Win two battles with Bomb
    – Win three battles with Matilda and Bomb
    – Win five battles

So basically I did five battles with Red, Matilda and Bomb, and that was that.

seggy
    @seggy

@mich Yeah, Golden Chili works in the battles. If I go first, I blast ’em with Chuck. If I lose the coin toss, they *always* kill my Chuck, so I roast ’em with Bomb.

I notice that Chuck’s power in the arena only gives you 3 attacks, rather than the normal 5 strikes.

Anybody notice any other attacks/defenses altered in the Arena?

MadMike
    @madmike

@seggy – Check your birds in arena, they all have “Arena” chilli abilities. It seems that they were cut to 60-70% original power.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@madmike What @seggy meant was on the “team select” screen, you can check the stats of your opponent’s birds and banner, and back out at that point. You’ll have to wait a while for the server to give you a new opponent, but at least you can avoid a guaranteed loss.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’ve won a battle or two without knocking out any opponents and I wasn’t even trying. If you are trying, all you do is equip your characters with weapons that don’t cause splash damage and it becomes really easy to accomplish this task when there is a Princess on the enemy team because all your characters are forced to attack the banner.

MadMike
    @madmike

@dr_ishmael – yeah I know that, but I really don’t ever watch the stats of enemy team before fighting them.

Bossk
    @henjovr

I haven’t lost a game yet, but am at 4700 points.
    I dont have infinite time to game.

Currently at 6th place though, nowhere near top 3..

I’m already sad that my skill is not enough to move to the next league due to people with skill AND time

Oh and getting low value daily quests doesn’t help. I think everybody should be able to earn the same amount of bonus medals, but with different quests of course.
    I would have liked to get that 3000 daily…

The opponent AI seems decent though, not making many big mistakes.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got 53,719 one battle so 51,000 isn’t the maximum. I guess it must give you 2,000 each time you knock out a bird since I knocked out birds more than once that battle. It is really annoying fighting someone who has a thorns banner.

2000mushroom
    @2000mushroom

Does anyone know a good team for the arena? (My birds are only level 16)

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

Went in and lost all 3 battles because I didn’t understand how it works. Currently annoyed with the stupid 3 loss per day rule.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@2000mushroom Are you fighting people who are about the same level as you?

One big advantage you have over your opponent is that you get to see what birds you are fighting, their level, items, damage, health and bonuses from the banner and emblem, etc. Once you know all that you can choose your team.

I thought the way the battles work is kind of obvious. I lost my first battle not because I didn’t know what was going on, but because my opponent attacked first and demolished my team because I was equipped with might items. The next battle I used items to increase health.

sjmike
    @sjmike

I lost my 1st battle because I couldn’t move on my birds. I can move the other birds and press pause, but not move Red.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

I haven’t “lost” with the team of Skulkers, Paladin, and Wizard. Skulkers to the banner, then chili to wizard, many times that’s all it takes

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@graugeist Berserker is actually the strongest bomb when the rage chili is full. At level 10, my Berserker gets 909 + 50% or 1363. Captain gets 1337.

Skulkers (on himself) + Berserker with Rage Chili = 1772 damage to all – WITHOUT a critical strike.

Toss in Thunderbird (which also increases damage by 25%) and, well, let’s say I’ve had trouble losing a match.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I am over this update already. I played the initial battles. With the first, the opponent went first, but they were weak enough that I was still able to win. The next 5 games I won the toss and won. I was even able to beat a 10-10-10 opponent when I won the toss – my guys are mastery 8. The coin toss gives too much advantage. If you are set up to attack, then you will win. Killerkea’s suggestion of alternating between attacks from individual birds on each team does seem fairer.

I know many of you wanted pvp, but I was never interested. It’s a shame they put so much effort into this. This looks like a 3 day event and as the awards only have to do with similar events, it looks like they will continue with it. I hope it doesn’t limit how much effort the game creators put towards development of the rest of the game – like more caves or something new outside of the caves. I guess it keeps those interested in pvp happy.

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

I haven’t been able to win at PVP at all. That being said, I am currently level 34 and keep getting matched with level 37-39, all with set items? Any build ideas guys? I currently do not have the golden rage chili but I do have all classes.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@calvinjj2009 That’s an interesting way to use Skulkers. I don’t have Skulkers yet, but my banner has a pretty lousy feature of a 35% chance to cleanse. What does your banner do?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@crumpledstories If you really want a win, go visit Piggy McCool’s friend link. There is a start battle button and you can battle against his birds. Playing this doesn’t affect the game though.

I wasn’t sure whether everyone got a full chilli to start with – but it sounds like the answer is no. So having the golden chilli really helps.

I haven’t considered many defensive strategies. But Princess seems very effective. She forces everyone to attack the standard. This can be annoying if your opponent does this and you want to target and take out specific birds. However, if they can take down your standard quickly, then that is not so useful. It is hard to say how well particular strategies work without some competitive practice battles.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

@killerkea The funny thing is that the way I described it I kind of waste the best of Skulkers. The way @toothgnasher described it would be better. Use Skulkers on itself the first round. It randomly attacks but all enemies get hit with the 35% bonus attack. My banner has 15% dodge. I don’t have any set items in the pvp yet.

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

@kerravon, I meant winning the actual ranked battles.

Also a different question, what strategies do you guys usually employ? I tried a very defensive healing + DoT technique and got totally demolished. Do you usually attack the birds first or go for the banner?

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

So I played pvp vs some of the higher ranked players on ABN that I am friends with on FB as well. What I can see is that using the stratagy above you can knock out even all level 10 birds in a round or two if you go first. If they go first I had about a 40-50% chance if winning and usually it was one star. Shows that going first and using even a little stratagy will ultimately win. Probably with 3 stars

Mousiepossum
    @mousiepossum

… I got Mighty Head first free roll… :3… it was a nice birthday present!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@crumpledstories I went all out attack, using one of the high damage strategies – which require a gold chilli. Look at some of the other forum topics. I use Wizard, Marksmen and either Samurai or Canoneer. But you might try Wizard, Spies and Samurai. There are more options if you have Skulkers and Sea Dog (which I don’t).

But I haven’t considered teams that are useful if you don’t have the golden chilli, or any really defensive teams. Using Rogues cupcake trap on the standard or Princess’s Royal Order with Mage’s Shock Shield may be useful.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.