Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

My objectives was:

Win 3 arena battles total (success)
    Win 3 arena battles without using red chili (failed)
    Win 2 arena battles without healing your own birds (failed)

Reason why I failed the last 2 objectives is because I kept facing opponents with tough birds (samurai with dragon set and princess with that scythe set)

So I was killed off with 3 losses pretty quick.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@mvnla2 Banner still spinning for me as well on the main map.

Also, I am viewing the arena as just a “side quest”. I think gaining mastery and all 3 stars on the main map is where I’m going to keep my focus as the arena doesn’t seem to spill over into the main at all, does it? We don’t gain mastery or XP or lucky coins from what I can tell.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Does anyone know what you have to do to get 3*? So far I’ve only gotten 1 or 2.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Wait, no mastery?

OK, then what’s the point, besides variety? Is there a payoff outside the arena?

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I have gotten three stars a few times in battles where I played wizard, sea dog, and spies. Sea dog buffs spies, rage chili to wizard, usually the opponents birds are all knocked out in the first round, second round wipe out the banner without taking any damage myself. Only works if you get the coin flip.

burbman
    @burbman

possible offset to benefit of winning coin toss – coin toss loser gets all bird’s buff abilities activated prior to initial attack. Might make team selection decisions different.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Wow, the game basically depends on the coin flip – whoever gets to use Chuck wins.

burbman
    @burbman

Good thing it appears to be a loaded coin! In ~2 dozen battles, I think I have only lost the flip 2 times.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

Heads up: My Andy android emulator cannot login after upgrading to 1.2.1.

iPad
    @peeze

Which is the best team? I’m using paladin with dragon set, wizard with cronos set and spies with beep. What do you think?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 You need 30,000 for 2* and 45,000 for 3*. My best score is 51,000. to get this you take out all enemy birds the first round, then you destroy the banner in the second round.

I had 3 easy objectives

Win 2 battles with Bomb
    Win 2 battles without healing your banner
    Win 3 battles using Sea Dog and Spies

Again the arena battles overwhelmingly favors Facebook users since they will have more and better set items and a lot of essence to respin.

The first turn advantage can easily be fixed by using a system like one D&D uses and simply give each bird an initiative roll to determine the order of attacks. That way one team usually doesn’t get all 3 birds attacking before the other gets to attack. This would make the game a lot more fun and make things more strategic since defensive manuveurs would come into play. As it is now your best strategy is pure offense if you go first.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 You need 30,000 for 2* and 45,000 for 3*. My best score is 51,000. to get this you take out all enemy birds the first round, then you destroy the banner in the second round.

I had 3 easy objectives

Win 2 battles with Bomb
    Win 2 battles without healing your banner
    Win 3 battles using Sea Dog and Spies

Again the arena battles overwhelmingly favors Facebook users since they will have more and better set items and a lot of essence to respin.

The first turn advantage can easily be fixed by using a system like one D&D uses and simply give each bird an initiative roll to determine the order of attacks. That way one team usually doesn’t get all 3 birds attacking before the other gets to attack. This would make the game a lot more fun and make things more strategic since defensive manuveurs would come into play. As it is now your best strategy is pure offense if you go first.

RPBThree
    @rpbthree

@burbman Definitely not loaded. I believe I’ve lost the majority of the coin flips.

Fortunately, I’m still able to win most my arena battles. I’ve lost two out of about 15 to 20 battles so far. I lost the two battles early on because I didn’t know what was going on and I was trying to fulfill objectives. And then one of those loses came from entering an arena battle against all mastery 10 birds with awesome banner bonuses – I’m just at level 7 with my birds.

Since figuring out how it works, I’ve won every battle even after losing coin flips.

fangston
    @fangston

More about points in a battle: you get 30000 for your banner (if it is undamaged), 15000 for the enemy banner and 2000 for every KO enemy bird. Max is 51000

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I had a run of bad flips for losses. The coin is definitely fair over larger runs.

seggy
    @seggy

My objectives:
    Win 2 arena battles with The Blues! 1000 pts. 2/2
    Win arena battles and knock out Bomb 3 times! 1500 pts. 3/3
    Win 3 arena battles without using Bomb and Chuck! 3000 pts. 3/3

Not saying it’s the best team, but for my own most powerful one, I’ve only lost once with Paladin 10 (Dragon), Pirate 9 (RockPaperScissors), Wizard 9 (Lightning). (Got hosed for another loss by the game crashing when I was close to victory.) For the objective without Chuck or Bomb, I went with Paladin 10, Druid 7, Spies 8 — won all three of those. It took me longest to complete the Bomb objective because so few people were using him.

I was convinced the coin flip was rigged against me. I won the 2nd, then lost like 8-10 of the next flips. Since then it seems to be about 50/50.

My free pig roll for watching a video got me the matching item to @angryjohnny ‘s set:
    Mighty Wings
    4888 Health (1802 more than the item I was given at the start)
    Critical Strike: All birds have a 15% chance to deal 50% bonus damage.
    Set Bonus: Increases attack power of all birds by 10%.

Currently in first place with 6335. 2nd: 5875 and gaining. 3rd: 5725 and hasn’t changed for a while. 4th: 4180 which is where they were at when I first started.

MadMike
    @madmike

I’ve got over 10k points and haven’t lost yet.
    My team : Paladin (Dragonbreath), Wizard (Twin Lightning), Tricksters (Beep Attack).
    Tricksters cleanses whole team of debuffs (banner also) and gives +15% dmg

MadMike
    @madmike

My friend just got owned by lvl 99999 team. Why doesn’t rovio do something about that?

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

Heads up, I put this in the bug section, but since this is new I’ll post here as well. I have come up against the “Red Intercepts” banner twice now, and the game gas frozen twice. Restarting gives me a loss. Beware that banner!!

seggy
    @seggy

@madmike lol, wow, what were his stats? Can you just back out before starting the match with someone with those kind of hacked stats?

burbman
    @burbman

10K points!! That is a ton of replays, top spin is only 75 points, plus 5,500 for achieving today’s goals. Wow!

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Not sure if this is a bug or an intentional change with the update… No more restarting during cave battles.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oh, I got a crap objective:

Win 5 Battles with Berzerker

WTF? 5 Battles with one of the worst classes? This stinks.

burbman
    @burbman

@graugeist – I could deal with that one, winning three battles without knocking out any opponent birds just about drove me nuts!

MadMike
    @madmike

@seggy – Does it matter? Whole team + banner was erased with 1 hit…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.