Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 22 replies - 276 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • @ineptidude, Just a quick question. Is the lag switch still working for you? Curious since I’ve already identified 2 other ways to get more objectives. I’d be interested to know whether this one was fixed or not…

burbman
    @burbman

Interesting observation from last night’s game play – In a situation where both banners fall in the same attack, you will be credited with a lost battle.

Situation came up at the end of an evenly matched battle, where both I and my opponent had the Vengeful crest on our banners. I was down to my wizard with minimal health, and my banner was very weak as well. Opponent banner had more health than I could deal in a single attack, but less than two, but I had a full rage chili so I used it. Their banner fell after chuck’s second shot, so I figured I had the battle won, but the third shot knocked out two of the opponent’s birds, and vengeful was still in effect, which knocked out my banner as well. End result, battle lost.

Not a bug, just a game feature, and ultimately I was going to lose either way, as the next attack would have wiped me out anyway. Just thought I would post here in the chance that someone could use this to avoid the situation.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@burbman I was wondering what would happen in a situation like yours. Now I know :D

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Is anyone elses rewards wheel as devoted to giving a snoutling reward as mine seems to be? Seems to be about 90% of the time regardless of how many stars I am spinning for.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Did anyone confirm that spending 20 LC actually resets the objectives allowing you to earn more points or does it just gives you 3 more chances to complete the current objectives?

burbman
    @burbman

20LC reset only allows you three more losses in the day. Does not reset objectives.

minigurlnikki
    @minigurlnikki

My objectives reset at midnight, and I’m a little confused at how I’m supposed to complete this… The objective is “Win arena battles and knock out 5 birds with a rage ability”. Any suggestions?

Heather Amarantes
    @heather-amarantes

You shouldn’t have to do it all in one battle. I think you need to get a bird low and then knock it out with rage. If you can do 2 or 3 at once like with Chuck rage or something that would make it go faster. :)

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

Rage ability = using the chili. Using Chuck-Wizard (I have double lightning set), you can usually knock out at least one bird with a chili. Your opponent usually targets Chuck first, and by the time he comes back you may have lost your other two birds. In this case, if you have a chili ready and Chuck is your only bird, you can knock out all three in one move. Pretty awesome. If you knock them out again with another chili, you can get more than three in a battle. But remember you also have to win the battle for it to count!

burbman
    @burbman

@minigurlnikki – that objective is actually one of the easiest to achieve, but reads like one of the hardest. You can achieve as little as one rage chili knockout per battle for five battles and reach the goal. No need to try to do it all at once. I lost two battles trying to do it all in one the first time it came up for me before I gave up on it, and realized how easy it was by accident.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’d recommend using Captain and having him cast Whip Up! on himself. To further enhance the damage he does when he explodes you can add Skulkers and use the Underdog emblem if you have either of those. If you have a good healer in your group like Rainbird with the sweet flag, it is easy to knockout 5 birds in one battle.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

I have all level 8/9 birds and I’m getting wasted by level 6/7 teams, especially when I lose the coin toss. I just can’t get ahead – it’s all defense. It is worse if the other team has Thorns – is there any good counter to Thorns?

burbman
    @burbman

Counter thorns with classes that deal damage over time like Druid or Rainbird

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Use Rogues, Druid and/or Rainbird when your opponent has thorns. Your bird will take less than 100 damage, but cause a lot of damage over time. If you don’t want to use that strategy, then use a bird like Rainbird and equip with a flag that has sweet so you can have your Rainbird do large amounts of healing. A priestess spirit linked to a Rainbird and your banner does an absurd amount of healing.

minigurlnikki
    @minigurlnikki

@burbman Yes! I agree. I read it as one of the hardest as well. I was able to complete it in 2 separate arena matches.

Victor
    @victor

Any advice on beating the objective “win 3 arena battles without defeating an opponent’s bird”. Seems basically impossible, especially if you lose the coin toss.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@victor You should probably use birds that do damage only to one target per attack. Good strategy would be using paladin for healing and heavy attack against enemy banner with rage chilli, druid for healing and captain with his secondary power “whip up” used on paladin. I`ve never had this objective but it should work well.

@victor, if you have the sweet set for the flag, that works well with the druid. Especially if you can also equip druid with a sweet set. This provides massive healing for the whole party. Probably a good idea to use protection for your own flag and druid as well. This way you may be able to manage the damage to your team/flag.

I’d consider the Rogues (save me kit) and red (protector’s aura). Rogues and Druid on the enemy flag to keep the damage going when your birds go down. Protection from red to limit the damage and only use chili for red (ensure flag is highest health) or druid.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think that is one of the hardest objectives to complete. Skulkers, Paladin, and Sea Dog is probably the best crew to use. You link the Sea Dog to both and use the chili on the Paladin.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Yesterday in the draw I got an opponent with level 17 birds that all had rank 10 mastery. Myself at level 41 it wasn’t much of a match. Since you can buy mastery directly and only increase your XP collection via doubling your intake during game play I figure someone spent a lot of money to do this. I wonder how they make out themselves. If they are on a board with other level 17 players but can’t win a match because they are are seriously outclassed in the draw?

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

I think level 17 is a carryover from one of the earliest versions of the game. I just got my first bird to level 10, and it is shown as being the max level. I think you also used to be able to get your birds to level 50 before Rovio changed to periodic increases in the max level. Probably nothing to do except not go into that battle ander your opponents reset.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Got matched with a string of total cherries this morning. Level 39-40 rank 6-8 tops for about 20 draws. Racked up over 1000 points in about 30 minutes. It almost felt bad running through them like that.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 22 replies - 276 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.