Platforms & Browsers

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Platforms & Browsers

• You may have noticed that some weeks favor certain platforms over others. The most popular platforms seem to be the following:

–FB (Facebook) on PC or Mac
    –Mobile: iOS (Apple devices) or Android (non-Apple devices)

Sometimes browsers will make a difference in your scores, too. The most popular browsers seem to be:

–Internet Explorer (IE) on PC
    –Safari on Mac
    –Google Chrome
    –Sea Monkey

Regardless of browser, for best results, be sure your flash players are up to date, either Adobe Flash or Shockwave, or both.

During those weeks, or specific levels that seem to favor mobile over FB, some players have installed an Android emulator or player on their PCs or Macs. There is a free Android player available from an East Indian company. The software is called “Bluestacks.” Google it, if you want. Be aware, however, that, although Bluestacks is continuously update, it can still be rather “buggy” with unexpected results, especially during aiming and launching of birds. Nevertheless, a free Android player may be a better alternative rather than buying an expensive Android device, phone or tablet.

Feel free to share your comments here regarding platform or browser statistics and performance.

–MB :)

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Terribletom
    @terribletom

I have seen a few players on the FB site, using the “Bluestacks” software. Never heard of it until this past week!! Is it safe?? Anyone know if/what bugs if any it has? Just curious, as again, I had never heard of it!!

bambenio
    @bambenio

my sun has bluestacks on hos computer
    but can t get it off
    nothign but problems for him
    so cleaned computer and its ok now

just do what i do
    get and i phone
    then tablet
    and pc
    lol

Birdslinger
    @birdslinger

I have an old iphone that I sometimes use for Angry Birds. But I have been using Blue Stacks for quite some time without any issues.Gets the job done for those levels that favour mobile ;)

Terribletom
    @terribletom

I just have an Android (Google Nexus). It seems to work just dandy for mobile levels. Problem I have is the screen is smaller than an iPAD, and I really find it hard on the eyes. It has helped me on a few of the levels where a PC just couldn’t obtain the same score!!

Terribletom
    @terribletom

Sorry….I somehow ended before I was finished. What would be nice is to see Rovio have all platforms equal. I’ve written to them in the past, and they know about it. Would level the field for everyone!!

Cary Hedges
    @caryhedges

While I prefer using the Facebook on PC platform I have been using BlueStacks more and more because some of the levels do lean towards the mobile platforms. I haven’t had any issues with BlueStacks, but it does help to run it, as with any other emulator, on a machine with ample amounts of memory, a quad+ core chip, etc. I wouldn’t recommend running it on an older Windows XP machine.

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

I used bluestacks for a while until I noticed it started downloading apps trough my google account without asking

Cary Hedges
    @caryhedges

BlueStacks does ask you if you would like to continue by either paying $24/year for the premium version or by downloading the sponsored apps of the day: https://bluestacks.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200668416/1.png

I have opted for the sponsored apps because it allows you to delete these apps a day later.

Caw Caw
    @quetzal

I use my Mac because that is what I have at home and like the large screen.
    When the mac doesn’t get me the scores I end up using my i-pad.

Maggie Pie
    @tinkerbell58

I use a PC (Windows 8), a Laptop (Vista), an Android phone & an iPad Air!
    I find the difference in the platforms quite noticeable, & especially like to use my Android if I have to send WM through stones! He goes through like a hot knife through butter :) – I find the next best for that is iOS. The PC always seems to be a bit slower, but at least using a mouse I can hold back the waiting bird easier.
    Does anyone have any tips when using a mobile or tablet on how to hold back a bird on the sling and then to re-roost him again once the damage is done?
    I manage it sometimes, but IS there a particular knack?

Thanks in advance!

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@timkerbell58 Your issue is quite common. Try this: pull back the sling but do not launch. Instead, hit the HOME button on mobile devices, then immediately relaunch the ABF app and tap the “continue” button. The bird should be sitting on the sling in home position waiting for you :)

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

Oops. @tinkerbell58 See previous post :)

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

Thanks to all for your input. Important issues every week re: best platform and browser combo. Let’s keep the discussion going, please. Share with your fellow friends-Nesters :)

Terribletom
    @terribletom

Same as myself! I have a 20″ screen, easy to see, compared to the Google/Nexus Tablet. I need binoculars to see the screen properly!! It does work, when the certain levels favour mobile!!

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

LOL @terribletom ! My iPad Mini is 7-inch screen, I think. Too small. My MacBook Pro is 17-inch but runs only FB via Safari, Chrome, or Sea Monkey. Also, Android player via BlueStacks, which is buggy. I have a ripping fast PC with big screen, maybe 20-inch plus, but I hate PC. I only use it for business. No gaming, or rarely gaming. Besides, I have to kick Debbie off of it! But when all else fails, i may succumb to playing ABF on PC :)

Congo
    @congo

Some levels are better for mobile. I once installed Blustacks, but I like more and more playing in my iPad and the challenge of aiming without a mouse. An iPhone is too small for my tired eyes, but sometimes use it while commuting.

Idefix1976
    @idefix1976

I use a PC (Windows 8.1) with Opera!

Cary Hedges
    @caryhedges

Why didn’t I think to try Opera? Thanx!

beaujack
    @beaujack

What about Mozilla Firefox on Linux? I guess I could check it if ABF is even available.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@beaujack Firefox on Linux is fine except it may immediately raise a red flag on the Nest, at least with me. Leethax AB “cheat” software is explicitly forbidden on the Nest. If you are using the Leethax add-on extension to your Firefox browser, then you have an unfair–and probably illegal–advantage and access to unlimited AB power-ups. Any posted scores on the Nest are compared to a large contingent of legitimate and “certified” pro ABF players worldwide.

Firefox on Linux is fine as long as you don’t use the Leethax add-on extension. We have ways of detecting Thaxers :) and those scores may be flagged and deleted.

If you’re a “proud” owner of Leethax cheat software, then there is an excellent group just for you on Facebook. Search “Angry Birds Friends ADD ME.” You’ll find plenty of Thaxers and other cheats, hacks, and spammers worldwide.

If you’re looking for an honest, “legal” game, then Angry Birds Nest is the place to begin regardless of browser or operating system (OS). Make sense?

Thank you for your feedback :) –MB :)

beaujack
    @beaujack

@dseufert Thanks for the heads up. I am only playing AB anything on my Android device, my curiosity lead me to ask the question. I haven’t used a cheat since Doom on the PC, not a communal game.

Maggie Pie
    @tinkerbell58

Just had a practice doing that :) – it works fine on my phone but ABF will only orientate one way, so the home button is a stretch! lol! Thanks Makin!!

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

Thanks @dseufert! I’ve had to throw away numerous birds because of same problem. I’ll have to remember this tip. :-)

secoinc
    @secoinc

Nice to see I’m not alone with the ?????? about scores. I have no desire to cheat. I like being in the top ten or less based on strategies. Good to know how some of the scores are so high and unbelievable on PC.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Platforms & Browsers

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.