Pig Days moved to icloud, huh?!!?…

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Pig Days moved to icloud, huh?!!?…

• I went to play pig days today. when i opened seasons, there was a cloud image where pig days used to be. i just played pig days yesterday and it was normal. what did apple do to me and how can i make sure they dont steal my purchases? yes, i know i can get them back if i have an internet connection but…
    1. i didnt tell my ipad to move that to the icloud
    2. i dont want my data taken without my knowledge
    3. considering how the icloud data is the opposite of secure, i dont want ANYTHING stored there. note: before apple fan boys or employees start flaming me, they just need to google icloud AND hacked

My device is not out of storage
    My icloud config in settings does NOT have my authentication information stored

If any ipad expert can help, I would appreciate it. as i said, i get nervous when my data gets moved without my knowledge. I already tried searching the net and didnt find anything on a cause, and without a cause it’s kunda hard to find a solution. thanks in advance

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@jkhab69

Rovio moved some data to the Cloud, but we’ll be specific about which data: LEVEL data, as in background images, 2- and 3-star minimum thresholds, etc. Your scores and progress are only stored on your device and are as safe as ever.

Any data stored on the Cloud is Rovio’s own data and has no bearing on what you’ve done in your gaming.

You can download this level data by simply opening any episode that has a Cloud-symbol on it. Done.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Oh and I’ll add: This is Rovio’s Cloud, not Apple’s.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@amslimfordy. thanks for the info. Im not very thrilled with this since it means i need to use more bandwidth to play rovio games. the reason i say that is because i wasnt able to play pig days until i told it to get it from the cloud, which means it had to pull the levels from the cloud. hopefully they dont do this with every game. i would regretfully have to remove the AB games and go back to FPS. I’m not sure how long the withdrawal symptoms would last but i bet it would be rough. Thanks again for the info, and clarification re: rovio vs apple!!

justpast40
    @justpast40

@jkhab69, I’m with you. On my Android phone, after the Finn update, every episode of Seasons showed 0 stars, 0 scores, 0 feathers as if I’d never ever played. I didn’t know what was sent to the Rovio cloud, but like you, until I downloaded from the cloud, I had no access to any level & it requires using my cell phone’s data to get it back. With the 0 stars, 0 scores, 0 feathers it certainly looked like my progress had been uploaded.

I live in a rural area & have no access to high speed internet, everything is thru mobile broadband including at home & uses data. It took forever for me to download just my Abra-Ca-Bacon to play the eggs I’d missed. I managed to disable it on my iPad or I’d be paying twice to gain access both devices.

Oh how I wish Rovio had at least added an across platform score sync to Seasons as exists with ABO & ABSW II, at least I could save my scores which I’m unable to do with unrooted Motorola phone. I wouldn’t mind a little extra cell phone data plan usage if I could have had all of my scores saved.

RizDub
    @rizdub

Is it possible to obtain the images used on the Cloud? Typically I can unzip the IPA file on my Mac and open the images used in-game, but now when I open the Seasons file I just get a whole lot of .stream documents.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@justpast40 , thats a great suggestion, synching scores across platforms. of course I think it should be optional because there are some people who have multiple devices in one account, perhaps so they can control the funding, but the devices are used by different family members.

ixan57
    @ixan57

over a few months ago when updating flock fav’s, my tablet (andriod) frooze and i had to do a factory reset. thought google play store would have stored all my scores when re-downloaded ab and abs. alas not.i’m now playing catch up with my scores saved on the nest. got the cloud icons and seems to work ok when downloaded once. stays on ur screen. can anybody tell me if same senarieo i.e factory reset or new tab could i retrive my scores from the cloud. thanks ian

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Pig Days moved to icloud, huh?!!?…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.