Perfect Combo Quest

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Perfect Combo Quest

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Replies
  • Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@rizdub From my experience, its 12 hours since you last played

CokenCola
    @cokencola

@rizdub I agree that it should be based on tickets, gems, or some sort of incentive rather than just playing twice a day. As per my experience around 3am and 3pm is when it always unlocks for me. So far ive beaten the quests three times, and still no SS items, 2 A ( bike/blues , Cap/stella) and one S (wig/matilda). As said in previous post im trying to make the best out of this situation and stay positive, so golden violin could be used occasionally, but thats pretty much it.

Weak prizes, extended event, 120 hours total with only 20 possible attempts at slots. It is a shame, and with the slot bug a lot of players can’t even join in. I understand they wanted to do something new, but this is ridiculous. I thought it was going to be prizes set on combos achieved i.e 40,50,60+. Lets see what they have in store next week.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

Finaly i completed it once, it must be my lucky day… the minion piggy :))) It’s not my event, keep making bad moves :(

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

The least they should do is make the rules “you can only complete it once every 12 hours.” That way if you fail, you can fight other birds until you get another chance. At least it would make the event more interesting.

CokenCola
    @cokencola

@gabe-nestor That would be way to logical for Rovio to let happen. If we had multiple tries within 12 hours , for one completion no one would dare to feel tempted to spend a gem to continue on the same level. People would just fail and try again within an hour or two. It is not about convenience, or the better hood of the people , it’s about profit. 10 million+ players , even if 5 or 10 percent of the players playing buy their cheapest gem deal, Rovio would still bank upwards in the millions in revenue. It’s a shame, this game had great potential. Now I literally have no incentive. No new islands , all challenges complete, all I do are daily challenges and wait for events. Would start a new game on iPad but with all the bugs, pointless.

TomT
    @tomt

This is a cash grab, but then it is a business, and they need profit to keep the game running, so, I guess Rovio running this crappy event is understandable.

There are other games way more cash-grabbing than Fight!
    Does anybody help Animation Throwdown and Metal Slug Attack?
    They are fun, but you really need to put in some serious cash to get ahead.

OxfordRob
    @oxfordrob

Can I just check is it just me with the problem of not being able to claim any slot prizes? The game just hangs with a sailing ship icon until you have to give up and force close it. It means I can get any of the rewards winning the quests in this current event and is most annoying. 3 days ago I logged this with Rovio and to date have not even had that support ticket even acknowledged :(

CokenCola
    @cokencola

@oxfordrob Are you using an Ipad? If so i have had the same problem (second account), its under another thread, its the slot bug. Dont worry though you are seriously not missing out on much, i have completed this quest more than 5 times, of which 4 items were Matilda items. Variety would be nice, but the cash cows are always winning. Maybe they will compensate those who were effected with the bug, but don’t hold your breathe.

OxfordRob
    @oxfordrob

Thanks for confirming it is not just me. I am on an Iphone 5 with the latest IOS 10.1.1 installed. I don’t mind so much not getting anything from this event but just them answering the support ticket would be nice. ho hum

justpast40
    @justpast40

@oxfordrob, it’s also on iPad Retina iOS 10.0.2 & 10.1. We’re calling it the Slot Bug. I too opened a Ticket 4 days ago with no response. The Bug actually affects the Free Slot & Gem Slot, at least for me & started 8 days ago with the last Fight App update.

RizDub
    @rizdub

I finally managed to beat the challenge (using a gem unfortunately). Got the slot bug.

So I switched apps for a bit and then went back to Fight, and got another attempt at the challenge. I probably used too many gems this time, but I beat it again (the counter still showed 0 though). Got the slot bug AGAIN.

Shut down and restarted my iPad, and the button is grayed out. Short six gems now. Nothing new.

Tomorrow I’m going to open a support ticket to Rovio about all the problems we’re having with this challenge. Unless one of you beats me to it.

OxfordRob
    @oxfordrob

Well I have finally three days late got the most generic support response along the lines of them being aware of a slot problem for some users. So sorry but it might get fixed at some point, maybe if your lucky. Nothing else. Great two fingers up from them grrrrr

justpast40
    @justpast40

@oxfordrob, I posted the reply I received under Slot Bug topic. Want to bet our responses are just about the same? EDITED: after posting this I saw your reply to my Slot Bug post. They must be so overwhelmed with complaints that they’re just copying & pasting.

@rizdub
    , I imagine they’ll reimburse your Gems, but probably not without asking. A few weeks ago during/after the DDoS in the US, after eventually connecting to Fight my 5-Gem Slot has a free spin message, but it wasn’t. I lost the 5 Gems. I’d taken a screenshot & included it with my Support Ticket. I asked for them to reimburse the Gems & they did. I’m not sure they ever discovered why so many players saw that message, but I wasn’t alone.

BREAKING NEWS….LOL > I just noticed my News says we can play the Quest 3 times a day. I guess we’ll never know if this was planned ahead of time or implemented because they’re realizing this Event was a HORRIBLE idea & it seems no one has anything positive to say about it.

RizDub
    @rizdub

Okay…

Recently I’ve been experimenting with Bluestacks. (And playing Fight is a lot harder with a mouse!)

I updated Fight on my iPad and when I did the challenge, I failed (not using gems this time). Now there’s a timer on the side that counts down a few minutes until you can do the challenge again. Once it was cleared, I did another fight and got the challenge again. But this time none of the buttons would work. I couldn’t tap to play it, or even close the popup. When I quit the app and opened it up again I did another fight and the same thing happened.

So I tried doing it on Bluestacks – but when I did I got a HUGE board that I had practically zero chance of figuring out how the heck to clear it in one move!

And then after using up all three attempts, there’s now a TWENTY-FOUR hour timer before the challenge opens again. Not a twelve-hour timer.

Shirokova
    @shirokova

Can’t play it at all, on the second or third level I experience problems noving the tile, then the time runs out and I lose. The piggies just won’t move, no matter what I could do.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@rizdub, I’ve heard of Bluestacks but never used it, so I obviously don’t know how it works. There are a fair amount of comments on the AB Pro FB page about some versions of Android getting ridiculously hard puzzles. Does Bluestacks simulate Android on PC?

It seems like this Event has been dragging on for over a week, I hate to think we’re not even 1/2 way through!

RizDub
    @rizdub

@justpast40 Yeah, it’s an Android emulator for a desktop computer. It works pretty well for me (I use a Mac), although Angry Birds Fight is much harder to control with a mouse. And I’ve tried doing this event on Bluestacks a couple times – each time getting a ridiculously hard board.

Also, I just sent the support ticket. I detailed the problems we’ve been having:

– One fail or mistake makes you need to use a gem to continue
    – No way to get extra gems during the event (like monster and arena)
    – Completing the event only gives you a CHANCE for a good item
    – 12- or 24-hour waiting periods before getting another attempt
    – Ridiculously hard boards (on Bluestacks)
    – Can’t receive rewards due to slot bug

I also noted that none of the other Angry Birds events are set up this way. All the other ones give multiple chances (via life or energy) – and even then, if you fail and use up all your lives or energy or whatnot, you can get more attempts by spending gems, coins, or tickets of some sort. The way this is implemented in the Mighty Challenge is not nearly the same thing; gems are given way too sparsely for this to be a valid option, and there is no way to earn extra attempts once the 24-hour long countdown (which, in my opinion, is an absurdly long time for an event like this) begins.

I then gave my suggestions for improvement, some of which were brought up in this forum (I considered linking to it, but ended up not):

– 2 or 3 allowances for fails or mistakes before needing to use a gem to continue
    – Randomly get more attempts after fighting (like monster or arena events)
    – 3-times-a-day limit should be the limit on how many times you can SUCCEED in one day

Then I mentioned how I used 6 gems and got nothing except a 6-gem deficit due to the slot bug, specifically asking for reimbursement (as @justpast40 suggested).

Now to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Actually, an idea came to me last night – what if we ALL open support tickets describing our problems? Would it be redundant, or would it be a strength in numbers situation?

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

I think it’s better now with 3 attemps a day. Played it on my sons account and completed it twice today, first time hit the jackpot, the golden violin :). Played it, 2400 attack! On my own account(Phone) failed three times, so far the minion piggy and the tricycle :( Only thing I still miss is a counter which shows how many quests you have solved.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@rizdub, I definitely think there’s strength in numbers, certainly when it comes to reporting errors like so many of us are experiencing. I know nothing nothing about coding, but I have to believe the more people they hear from on a variety of devices & platforms, the better they’re able to locate & solve the problem. Of course today’s update did nothing to fix my iPad “now loading” icon issue. I did notice yesterday that there’s an iOS update to 10.1.1, so I’ll try that tonight. Who knows, maybe it will work with today’s App update.

Greyson!
    @eric-zeitner

My opinion- combo quest sucks and so does Rovio support. Thanks.

micho
    @vmicho

Judging on how the rovio support communicates (they cannot understand some moderately long sentences) I think they’ve outsourced it somewhere to India :/

Concerning the current quest situation: Dunno what changed overnight but I can now fight the quest (after the last 24h counter expired) again and again without any waiting timer now (just do one random fight). Already got 4 slot prizes last hour (!)

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

It sucks to hear they still haven’t fixed that slot bug yet.

This third version of the perfect combo quest is pretty fun and the best version that they had. (Version 1: Could only play once every 12 hours. Version 2: Could only play 3 times every 24 hours. Current Version: Can play unlimited times but can only get prize 5 times per day.) At least now you can keep playing multiple times until you win the quest.

I have been the quest 26 times, won all 3 SS items, 1 Paladin, 2 Shamans, 1 Minion, and other items I sold.

In my experience, the 5 prizes a day resets when my daily objectives reset.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Well after the App update fixing the Slot Bug, the 24hr timer is back. After not being able to play this horrible game on iPad until today, I beat it twice, got 2 A items & now have the 24hr timer.

SERIOUSLY Rovio! Despite the fact many have been reporting that they have unlimited chances to play but only 5 Perfect Combo Quest Slot openings & the News still says 3 Quests a day, I won’t be able to play again until tomorrow morning. Just how hard is it to put out a good product that performs as expected?

TomT
    @tomt

@justpast40

can you say, “no reimbursement for you!” (or “no soup for you!”)

justpast40
    @justpast40

@tomt, you’re so right … zero, zip, zilch, nada, nothing!

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Perfect Combo Quest

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.