Peace Through Tyranny – New Event Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Peace Through Tyranny – New Event Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 183 total)
  • Replies
  • SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

From the what’s new when updating: “SPOTTED: PLANET EATER! He is coming.” Unicron!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Yes, that’s what the App Store says as well…

Competition.png

I guess it’s Red as Ratchet? Is he Energon powered?

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

Glad I check this board, as usual my game didn’t upgrade on it’s own, it never decides to until days into each event.

But when I see a new event thread on here I can go to Google play and download the upgrade

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader are you on iOS or Android? I’m on iOS and for the last event my app crashed on open. I deleted the app (iPad was backed up), reinstalled, played through to unlock Bumblebee and then my progressed restored (through Game Center).

sheepybach
    @paul13

I just had ratchet as a butty, he’s big and clumsy as Heatwave & Terence with the same weapon but it looks like a blue streak of lightening. Not impressed at all

starscream
    @starscream

@paul13 The same weapon? That blows.

Anyway still no update on Amazon. Only the third or fourth time this has happened. *sigh*

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yep same weapon, hand up and out it fires upwards

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

The “Hot Rods” squad also gained an additional Transformer (like everyone pointed out), shrouded by a silhouette, ao who is this new character? I have a strong hunch that the character is Drift (again, as everyone pointed out)- why? Well, let’s break it down: The silhouette has a circular shape similar to that of Bomb’s, although the “fuse” is hidden. Drift also dons a kabuto, a traditional Japanese helmet worn by samurais (notice the large, jagged pieces sticking out at the top an don the sides)- which is a bit coincidental since Bomb wears one when you unlock him on AB Fight!- cool right? If you have actually seen a picture of Drift on the Internet (or his first appearance- the Angry Birds Transformers comic), you know what he looks like from the basics, so the puzzle has been pieced- and I feel like a real investigator now :)

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader backed up through iCloud and I’m logged into Game Center so my progress is stored there as well. I’m relying on my iCloud backups in case Game Center goes down and relying on Game Center when ABT goes down. I’ve had to use this method more times than I can count. It’s a nail biter during the process, but it has always worked.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

I had ratchet as a buddy, and the weapon is similar to sentinel prime but with a major difference. I’m pretty sure there was no delay between the shot upwards and hitting the target. It looked more like an immediate massive bolt of lightening that arched upwards and struck the target. Like a rainbow. It was like a combination of grimlock and sentinel prime.

Didn’t get a great look though.

starscream
    @starscream

Is the contest live yet? Still nothing on Amazon.

jasebree
    @jasebree

@starscream contest is live, but us amazon folks are getting left out :(

Soundwave
    @soundwave

It’s live. No character to unlock, but a TON of accessories.

Looks like it runs 5 days only.

Ultimate Megatron – Armada – 1000 tokens
    Dark Megatron – Armada – 1000 tokens
    Dark Megatron – Medallion – 1000 tokens
    Dark Megatron – Crown – 750 tokens
    Ultimate Megatron – Crown – 750 tokens
    Ultimate Megatron – Flail – 350 tokens
    Soundwave – Jetpack – 1000 tokens
    Soundwave – Beastbox – 850 tokens
    Bludgeon – Sentinel – 900 tokens
    Bludgeon – Reflector – ?
    Tundercracker – Null ray – 325 tokens
    Brawl – Cannon – 650 tokens
    Energon Starscream – shoulder pads – 650 tokens
    Energon Starscream – null ray – 325 tokens
    Shockwave – Wings – 1000 tokens

Geli
    @geli

“You test my patience Starscream.”

Truer words…

Not sure if I should be reading this with Darth Vader voice running through my mind or not.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

2 tokens = 1 gem

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@lewie4 has the charge process changed? I just started playing with four bars, I completed one Cobalt Valley run and when I started my second run, I only had one bar left. I completed my second run in Slingshot Woods and now I have no bars left. In other words I got two runs per four bars. What gives?

After I posted this, I went back in and it said wait five minutes for one charge (this was my 3rd run). After I played, the 4th run was available, so over the span of 20 minutes, I got 4 runs. Now I’m waiting the 59 minutes for the next charge…

Geli
    @geli

Seems weird using the minion pig energonicon to get bonus points. Didn’t help using a L9 TF either….

Geli
    @geli

@pampeans No issues here. 4 Runs. iOS.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@geli thanks! Piggy blast is kind of entertaining but not my go-to Energonicon. I not sure what the one is I’m using with Soundblaster now, but it’s useless. I can’t even tell what it’s doing…

Did anyone else notice that the accessories are discounted by 50% if you want to buy them outright?

Geli
    @geli

@pampeans Yep, noticed whatever it was I used with soundblaster had little or no effect on the score. 171 raw points yielded 342 final points on Falls run, iirc. Thinking it might be better to use Photoblast (w/o the energonicon bonus) and avoid damage from helopigs, sharktipigs and missiles.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

What is today’s target? Is it WMTs? The picture isn’t really descriptive.

loynis
    @loynis

I used the energicon with the icon (sound screecher or smth like that) and got double bonus (30% + 30%). My last run yielded 226 tokens pre-bonus and 361 aftet.

The bonus energicon was the first in the list.

Anonymous

@werehamsta
    It’s energon structures, the things you shoot to charge up your energonicons. 15 points each.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yes the Ratchet weapon looks like it is constant fire and already have most of the addons or what I want any way. I’ve noticed that you seem only to be able to use 1 of these addons and no others on most I’ve tried so far. Odd event to hold IMHO

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

“Did anyone else notice that the accessories are discounted by 50% if you want to buy them outright?”

Good catch.

I’m thinking this is so that people can’t arbitrage (i.e. take advantage of pricing discrepancies) the accessories purchases. This goes hand in hand with the tokens to gems exchange ratio of 2:1 for this new event.

In the Seek & Destroy event, you could buy the three new accessories for 1,200 tokens (or 400 gems at a 3:1 ratio) each in the token exchange, but it cost you 800 gems to buy them from the barracks.

In this new event, the 50% discount makes the gem cost of buying from the barracks equal to the gem cost of exchanging gems for token in the token exchange.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Peace Through Tyranny – New Event Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.