Patch 1.5.3 preview

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

• Info posted on FB for those without:

Preview 2: Mastery rescaling to level 60
    In our second #SneakBeak we’re lifting the veil on the changes for the #ABEpic Mastery Ranks coming with patch 1.5.3: we adjusted Mastery Ranks to align them with Player Levels, so instead of 15, there’s now a total of 60.
    No worries though, we made sure not to ruffle any feathers: you still need the same amount of mastery to reach the highest rank – each Mastery Rank will simply be multiplied by four! Let’s say your Knight’s Mastery Rank is 10.5 – after the patch, it will be 42.
    We think that it’s a lot more rewarding to gain new Mastery Ranks constantly and hope you like the change. There’s a lot more to share soon – stay tuned!

Preview 1: 3 Arena sets
    Excited chirping in the #ABEpic nest as the work on patch 1.5.3 is in full swing. Today in a first-ever #SneakBeak we’d like to reveal the 3 new arena banners that you fight under. Which one is going to be yours: Winged Justice, Soaring Protection or Ancient Might?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 360 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Taking a bird from M12 to M13 was rewarding enough… What is the joy in having so many Mastery ranks? Why must they fit to the amount of EXP levels? =.=
    I can guarantee 100% this is only being done to torture me.

I hope that the “all Mastery will be multiplied by four” thing will not cause the same trouble as it did in 1.4.7, though… or we all may end up having to GRIND from M15 to M60. And if they do not scale the required Mastery from rank to rank down, and instead make you collect 50k to go from M34 to M35, I’m quitting the game…

@poptimus
    I’ll just copy the text 4 times. That’s the new Mastery Points topic for you :P

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    LOL. Seriously though. @mvnla2 picked the right time to hand that topic moderation over to some poor unsuspecting soul…

metztli013
    @metztli013

Yeah I’m not seeing/understanding the point to the mastery rank changes…I feel like that’s some wasted effort that could have went towards making another island or more cave levels!

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I do expect very serious bugs when this patch is launched and installed :D Godess of ABE please give us huge amount of patience :D

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I suspect the change in Mastery Levels to corresponds with Exp Levels is so it will be easier for Rovio in the future when they increase level limits; same increase in both scales instead of 3 levels increase in Mastery but 10 levels in Exp.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So what this basically means is that my birds are once again weak as I am not at 60. My birds are as strong as I am in Level 51. Thanks Rovio.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    :D U have still some time to reach 60 as close as possible ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer @kennymcc
    I suppose you didn’t read the preview completely…
    It says our mastery levels will be scaled; M15 will become M60, M14 and a half will become M58, for example.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@smwforever45
    I actually got an email from Rovio this morning that yes they were doing this torture you. I think it had something to about your views on capitalism?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dallasreds
    Oh really? Well, that’s useless then :P I won’t surrender before the system!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Previously, my mastery was at max but now that it’s re-scaled, the current max is 60 meaning the current mastery max can only be reached at Level 60. Since my level is not at 60, that means my mastery is not M15 anymore, instead I am now at M12.8. So my bird stats are weaker than what they were.

Now I know why Red’s power reduced (as you noted earlier). It was all because of this bullmug.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Wait – where does it say that you need EXP Level 60 to unlock Mastery Rank 60? It only says that the EXP level cap and the Mastery rank cap have been aligned.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Poptimus @all — Just had to come back to wish Poptimus best of luck. And while I’m doing it, pat myself on the back for quitting Epic when I did. BTW — If anyone is interested in taking over any of the other threads that have my name on them, just let Birdleader know.
    I am still playing new levels that come out in old games (e.g. Seasons) and AB Friends, but that’s all.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Yeah, but since they are aligned, I don’t expect someone to reach a mastery rank that is tied to L60 unless you reach L60 yourself. If one can reach M60 without reaching that cap first, then this alignment was not even required in the first place. You need L60 to reach M60 and I don’t see it to work any other way.

If I am at Level 51, my mastery stays at 51. For me, that’s the max unless I reach 52. They basically made a mess of an already perfect system. Spend more money on mastery purchases is what they thought we should do and is what they did. (sigh)

Anonymous

@mvnla2
    It’s actually @smwforever45 that is the poor unsuspecting soul to whom you should be wishing the luck. Credit where due. :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I guess we’ll see – but from what I read they are just increasing the cap to 60 and scaling the current levels up.

I think that, if your theory was true, the poorest soul would be @irinabird who is L26 but has several M15 birds…

@mvnla2

Oi, it’s me that struggles with the Mastery topic. Not @poptimus :P

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 And why is that?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    She would be dumped to M26 if mastery is tied to the EXP level, when she would be supposed to get M60 due to having M15 birds before the update.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer @poptimus @smwforever45 can you please explain to an ordinary mortal what on earth is about to happen. Thanks.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley
    Is this enough :)?

Anonymous

@bubbley
    They’re converting the current 15 mastery levels into 60. Whatever mastery level your classes are when the change takes place, they will be multiplied by four. So all your classes which are currently M15 will become M60 (but a post-change M60 class will be equal in attack/health to a pre-change M15 class, and a post-change M40 will be equal in attack/health to a pre-change M10). Capiche?

Since the preview description that @kennymcc linked to above says that they’re doing this to make there be the same numer of mastery ranks as there currently are experience levels, @datguygamer believes that your birds’ mastery ranks won’t be able to progress beyond your overall experience level, so he believes his classes, despite all being M15 currently, will be prevented from converting to M60, because he’s still at XP L51. @smwforever45 disagrees, and believes that mastery ranks will be able to be higher than XP level.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    We’re purely speculating based on their text, which has been copied and pasted into the first post of this topic. We know that there will be 60 Mastery ranks from 1.5.3 on, and that the old Mastery ranks will be scaled up by the factor 4 (M1 becoming M4, M8 becoming M32 etc.). And that is all. We do not know how the current level and the maximum Mastery rank correspond.

EDIT: @poptimus put it better than me, and in less time. :P

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    Haha, thanks yosh!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley What @poptimus said. The reason I believe what I believe is that if you are able to increase your mastery without getting new XP levels, then this whole facade was unnecessary to begin with. But since they went through all the trouble to do it, I think that is the case.

You will play constantly getting both XP stars and medals at the same time. You will level up faster (as XP stars are easier to obtain that medals) opening room for mastery level ups. The next fastest option comes from events and dojo purchases. This was essentially another ploy for people to burn though their resources in order to gain more power.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 1.5.3 preview

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 360 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.