Part 2 of Snotting Hill opened today

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Part 2 of Snotting Hill opened today

• Level 301-320 are open now.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • dmsral
    @dmsral

Seven stages on level 302, enjoy!

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Enjoy? You are joking, right? I’m this ][ close to uninstalling AB2, just used up all lives and never even saw the seventh stage of 302… Yeah yeah, cue all the people who talk about how embarrassingly easy AB2 is, how everything just falls over with one bird regardless of how you even fling it. I’ve never seen it.

This game is flat out stupid, and they just keep coming with more levels of the same random nonsense. Where did these last levels even come from? I could swear there was no AB2 update in my Play Store updates recently… Didn’t they just release the first 20 levels of Snotting Hill a couple weeks ago? Rovio, if you are just going to churn out more content, could you at least add some cleverness to the level designs?

(EDIT: I think my favorite part is getting a treasure chest in these newer levels and getting a whopping 20 feathers… Rovio, do you think we could be at level 300 with level 1 birds? Odds are we’re all going for the level level which costs something like 950 feathers. Twenty feathers is a stinking insult…)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Heh, I got you “beat” @sutekh137. :lol: Level 301 has six rooms and I used up all my birds by room three! I didn’t even get to see the last three rooms.

The whole point of AB2 is to get you spend money. I refuse to. I’m trying to play on an iPad 2 and complained to Rovio about crashes and stutter. With the stutter, I can’t trigger the birds properly and half the time their abilities don’t trigger at all. They told me that my tablet was below spec, so too bad. So I’d have to buy a new tablet too! My response was that I wasn’t going to spend a cent on this game, and if it didn’t run, I’d just uninstall it and play other games, not created by Rovio.

So yeah, I’m trying to not get too frustrated. I’ll probably keep poking at this, but I’m definitely checking out other games. :)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@andalaybay

To be honest, I just wish they would stop chuning out 20 levels every other week. I know that sounds silly (more content is good, right?) but these new levels are just a slog: harder, dumber, longer. Not a bit of originality on a scheme that is already extremely luck based.

So, fine. But give me time to save up gems so I can buy more birds or spells when I need them for levels that take 8-10 lives at a time. This is ridiculous.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

dmsral
    @dmsral

Read my post about how to play without buying anything:

How To Score 100 Million on Angry Birds 2 Without Spending Any Money

Also, pair up with other players on Facebook and send each other blue gifts, either 5 gems or a spell will be sent. Level 9 and 13 are the two giftiest levels. You will also get more red gifts for yourself, with spells and 100 feathers in the red boxes. Work these levels and you can get your birds leveled-up too, which also helps.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I got a red gift in level 302. I had to spend some gems on extra birds, but I got the level done and got my gift.

I’ve read your post @dmsral. I follow your tips when I can, but I find AB hates me. LOL I might do the Facebook thing if I get a new tablet.

I rarely spend gems on extra birds. If I can’t get the level done, I’ll just try again. If I run out of lives, I’ll put the game away until they reset.

dmsral
    @dmsral

@andalaybay: I called spending gems to buy lives or birds the Impatience Tax.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Unfortunately it’s pretty much a requirement if I want to actually get the reward from a red gift though. I find levels that have a red gift are set up to fail. For example, you’ll get a bunch of stone block towers with no birds that can do anything with stone. I have only been able to claim a red gift ONCE without having to use gems for extra birds. And when I do use gems for extra birds, I’ve only succeeded in claiming the red gift five times at most. It’s one of the many things that really frustrate me with this game. It really takes away the enjoyment for me.

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

@sutekh137
    I cleaned out whatever gems and spells I had when the last update hit. I had around 400 gems from just getting gifts and doing dailies when this update hit. Now I’m done with the new content and I’ve spent 240 gems on continues, which isn’t a lot.

To beat the 301-320 levels you need a spell or two per level and then on a few of them you need continues. Or you need to play it close to perfect. I don’t think that is too much to ask of people that have beaten over 300 levels.

I agree with 20 feathers per chest though. That is such a horrible reward. 100-200 should be more accurate.

@andalaybay

You cannot seriously waste 60 gems if you want to play for free to get a red gift. Red gifts are grinded at levels 9 or 13. You don’t waste birds on levels you are trying to beat to get a gift. If you would buy feathers, would you buy 100 feathers for 120 gems? Because that is roughly what you are doing, if you take into account that you could get some lame spell, a feather that you don’t want or the added frustration of using your 60 hard earned gems for a continue only to fail the level anyways and then be out of gems :D (happened to me a few times).

I spend gems on continues when I have a good score that can 3star the level.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryone

Well, there you go, I don’t get gifts since I don’t do the Facebook thing. *smile* So, that means I get, what, 16 gems per day or about 100 per week.

That means it takes ~2 weeks to get three continues, etc (60 gems apiece).

They are releasing new levels almost that fast it seems (OK, maybe three weeks between releases) and to be honest, I usually only burn 180-240 gems total per every 40 new levels. And I don’t use spells, either. So yeah, it takes a lot of lives. And for a while I was one of the “lucky” folks that got to be a part of Rovio’s “experiment to optimize gameplay enjoyment across devices and platforms” — I only had 3 lives max.

So, in that light you can probably understand why I think churning out new, unoriginal content every 3 weeks is pretty lame.

@andalaybay

As for what to spend gems on — I only spend gems on continues. I don’t see the point in spending them on anything else. Lives — I can simply wait, and lives are no guarantee I’ll have a good run and three-star a level. Spells — only Mighty’ Eagle’s dish is worth it. The other spells are all pretty lame. In order from lamest to less lame:

Snowflake — The worst card in the game. Terrible. I grimace when I see it.
    Inflater — I have had the inflater inflate all pigs and yet not one dies and very little damage is done. Yes, certain levels that are more precarious or have dynamite in just the right spots can go better, but overall this spell is stupid.
    Chili/Ducky — tied for best of the lame. The chili often picks on a pig that offers no help, and you have no control over it (though it is nice to roast that damn wizard after he has blipped way from death once or twice. *smile*). And the Ducky can sometimes clear levels but then on the next use not even drop a block or pig.

My advice would be to save all gems for continues and the sardine can, as those are the scenarios with definite payback that is under your control.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

@sutekh137
    Ok, so what you do is create an email adress and then open up a new facebook account and then spaminvite people that play AB2 and then you will start to get gifts. Of course I play a lot so I can send back gifts to people.

Of course you complain about gems, when you’re not collecting on the daily 10 gems from sending a gift!

I also had 3 lives max with 1 hour reload, for a while. Put down no money on gems. Still 3 star:ed the content. For this 301-320 as I said I burned like 4 continues and a ton of spells (duck spell started rocking the 301+ content).

I agree w the Blizzard spell being so bad it’s actually worse to use it than not, since it blocks a bird from your choice of 3 birds and removes the possibility of strike. Sometimes it sucks when you’re out of gems, you have finally a really great score at that really hard level, you fail your last bird on the last level and there is one little piggy left but you get that watch-a-video bird and then you get a Blizzard :(.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I only spend gems on continues, and only if I got a red gift and I can clear the level with the extra birds. I don’t buy spells.

I think I got one red gift from level 9 or 13 and that’s it. I’ve tried replaying them several times. And I manage to run out of birds even on those levels! Did I mention that I’m probably the worst AB player? :P

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

And why would you spend 100 gems on Mighty Eagle when a continue grants 3 birds and only costs 60?

@andalaybay

Oh now I know you must be trolling. It’s close to impossible to fail at lvls 9 or 13.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I forgot levels 9 and 13 were only two stages. Anyway I’m done. This stupid game is just too frustrating.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Part 2 of Snotting Hill opened today

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.