option of watching video

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum option of watching video

• Has the option of watching a video to earn power ups been eliminated?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • Regina Jäger
    @regina-jager

I too miss this Option! And it lasts very long to get an answer here…..
    On my kindle I found out when you click the buy button for getting slings and coins there is on the right side a button: get free power ups! Then you can watch a video and get power ups but you can not get a specific one….
    And it is not available on my smartphone!

angindnix
    @roswpell

I play on my mini iPad and still have the option to watch video to earn power ups. It only allows 4 or 6 in a row. After that you have to wait or pay.

Marty Michael
    @mmc1951

I don’t have this option either ever since buying coins a couple of days ago.
    I can only guess I have to buy all from now on.
    I will contact Rovio to ask about this.
    Unless others reply with a reason why this happened.
    I bought coins in the past and this did NOT happen?

Marty Michael
    @mmc1951

Heard from Rovio today.
    Not happy…they told me same is happening to others also.
    Told me to reboot which I have been doing like 50 times a day for a week now = no help. Was told if that does not work I will have to reinstall the game but if I am not a Facebook member I will loose everything. OR just wait for next update which they don’t know when this will be!
    I think I’ll wait it out, not use powerups, fall in the league standings, but at least I’ll keep bouncy and diamond sling. They have gotten me many points in certain situations. That’s how I sometimes get more points than the powerup walkthrough.
    I will certainly NEVER buy anything from Rovio again. Thats what started this mess in the first place! All they say is..SORRY for the inconvenience!

Last month I had a similar problem with CSR Racing. I was able to delete then reinstall. All my stats were saved by iPad Game Center. In this techno day and age why can’t Rovio do the same for their paying fans? OR do they not care? They got their or should I say MY money!

Copper 1-5-4
    @darya-traylor-james

I reloaded on my iPhone and that did the trick! So I’ve reloaded on my iPad but I have to wait until it times out to let me have more…. Haven’t tried my droid phone yet.

Copper 1-5-4
    @darya-traylor-james

Apparently, you have to reload the app EVERY time you want to get free power-ups. Any idea when Rovio will issue an update?

Marty Michael
    @mmc1951

Rovio had a minor update on 12/18/15. Described as fix minor issues to enhance player axperience (whatever that means).
    Since reloading on my iPad mini,And connecting to FB, I have to open ABF..play powerup practice first.. Then click on enter tournament..Then tournament loads and I have the option to get free powerups.(about every 6 hrs.)
    If I don’t do powerup practice I don’t get free powerup option!
    Took me two days to figure that one out.
    Don’t know if only I have this “BUG” or others also?

Sanna
    @sabine

I reloaded angry birds friends many times now, but no luck in watching videos to get free things. Hope they get this fixed soon. Also on the spin wheel, I don’t get what I landed on!!! Ugh

Marty Michael
    @mmc1951

Sanna
    Are you signed on and is ABF connected to Facebook?
    I had to do that to restore…watch video get free powerups.
    Refer to my reply’s above yours.

MMC1951
    PS..If all else fails contact Rovio support.
    Request Pekka, She was a BIG help to me.

Sanna
    @sabine

Yes I’m signed in on fb, I deleted the app and reloaded it, I went on settings, played the power up, but nothing.

Marty Michael
    @mmc1951

Sanna
    Are you playing on FB on a PC, or on a mobile device app.
    I play on iPad APP connected to FB.

Don’t know what you mean by…went on settings,played the powerup!

Sanna
    @sabine

I’m on my iPad. I play the power up practice, but even then nothing happens.

Sanna
    @sabine

Also, I just read that the CEO of Rovio Pekka has resigned.

Marty Michael
    @mmc1951

Try this..Open iPad settings..(1)tap on safari (2) scroll to bottom and clear history and website data (3) tap advanced..tap on website data..if a list pops down clear that also. Repeat 2+3 a second time. (4) close settings and reboot or turn iPad off wait 30 sec. Then turn on again.
    Try ABF again playing powerup practice before entering tournament. After tournament loads tap shopping cart. You might get watch video get free power ups.
    If NOT.. Contact Rovio support.
    I personally can’t think of anything else to try.
    Good luck to you.

Sanna
    @sabine

I like to thank you for helping me out. At first I didn’t understand but I got it now. Thank you very much and have a blessed day?

Poli65
    @poli65

I just go into practice mode then login to tournament and then I can get to the free power ups by watching a video. Thanks for this info.

Argon
    @argon

I think the option was re-introduced with the latest update. I can now watch videos on the “Angry Birds Shop” screen again although it seems that they increased the time interval between this option (=after watching 4 vids, you have to wait much longer than before).

But I really doubt that the chances at the four power ups are even. I usually get 2-3 Sling Scops (useless), and then MAYBE one Power Potion or King Sling or a Birdquake. It seems that you get the most power ups from the kind you use the less…

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum option of watching video

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.