Old Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Old Set Items

• Is there any point in holding on to old set items? I just did an inventory and I have 19 duplicates, some of them going back to level 31 (level 29 bird). I don’t particularly need FE, but another 114 would be nice. I’ve never gone back and used an older item before, and I can’t think of a reason to, but I may be missing something.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@jim151 I’ve always deleted every sub-max level epic set pieces or arena epic set pieces the moment I obtain them. And as for ‘standard’ non-epic pieces (arena or non-arena), that’s an instant trash… an over stocked inventory has never been an issue for me!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I delete sub-optimal Arena items and sub-optimal off-hand items, along with duplicate weapons. I keep old weapons for Dodge opponents.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I have a severe OCD issue… Lol… I cannot have non-epic/non-set items in either of my inventories. It’s so dumb, and utterly counter-productive at times, but I just can’t stop…

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@jim151 The only reason to hold onto weaker items would be for the Thursday dungeon, in my opinion. I hate “dodging” enemies, and that could be a sneaky way of attacking that level.

Jim151
    @jim151

@jim151 The only reason to hold onto weaker items would be for the Thursday dungeon, in my opinion. I hate “dodging” enemies, and that could be a sneaky way of attacking that level.

Thanks. I don’t do dungeons. I don’t do Facebook, and they are too difficult with McCool as an ally. I’ll hold onto them for now, but know they are a good source of FE if needed.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

What about the Dodge event(s)? We had 2 of them, and the lower power weapons were helpful.

Jim151
    @jim151

What about the Dodge event(s)? We had 2 of them, and the lower power weapons were helpful.

IIRC, I didn’t have any trouble, provided the weapon wasn’t capable of a critical hit. So, Samurai with dragons breath, cannonneer with scissors, lightning bird with time jump, marksmen with beep, etc, were all fine even with top level items.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I have held on to all of my old set items. I don’t think they will be of any use but I just want to keep them – as a reminder of the good ole days? The old ones only give 1 FE, unless that’s been changed. I am happy just to leave them there.

mich
    @m-ich

I keep the same items @graugeist described, but I’m never using the low power weapons. Agains dodge opponents, I just switch to classes that do multiple low damage attacks or damage over time.

mich
    @m-ich

@kerravon The rate changed. You get 6 FE now, iirc.

RizDub
    @rizdub

I don’t keep copies of any set items, and I scrap any non-set items that have lower stats than my set items with the same passive abilities. For example, I have only three of Red’s four set weapons. The one I’m missing is the Dragontooth lance; in its place I have a non-set lance (I think it’s the Shell Lance right now).

For the Thursday dungeon I just use Druid, Rogues, and Piggy McCool (but I have a hard time remembering to swap out the Blues’ Artillery Strike set for something else!).

Jim151
    @jim151

How do you get past the ironclad guy, whatever his name is? Seems like it would require 2 if not 3 rage chilis.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jim151 — Did you post in the wrong thread? Which ironclad guy are you talking about?

Jim151
    @jim151

Isn’t there an ironclad guy in the Ninja dungeon? Ronin I think he’s called? If so, a full load out of undodgeable weapons and headgear wouldn’t do much good, unless one uses a bunch of rage chills on blues.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jim151 — Oh, yeah, aren’t there actually two levels with the Ronin in that dungeon? I stopped playing it long ago for that reason. I guess Volcano Island has those ninja’s as well, which makes it even more difficult
    I still play Trick or Treat Castle (a dungeon), which has only one Ronin and no ninjas. It is sometimes possible to get by him without a rage chili, but it frequently takes one. To get by him you need at least rank 10 birds. I use Paladin with dragon set, Bard with Yin/Yang, and Sea Dog with Sugar Rush. The Ronin always appears in the same wave (4 in the case of ToT). You need to start the wave with a full rage chili, and Sea Dog already buffing Paladin. Feed the chili to Paladin. You get 1 rage attack from Paladin, 2 attacks from Sea Dog, and one from Bard. If the sets kick in, you might be able to knock out the Ronin before he decimates your team.

Jim151
    @jim151

I don’t do the dungeons anymore. Too hard with only McCool as an ally, and if I want snouts, much easier and quicker to do SRC on auto play a few times.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@jim151 All the old set items are still only worth 1 FE. The new ones are worth 6 FE.

My level 21 game is a bit buggy with this. My old set items on that game are worth zero FE, and I have a couple slightly old items that are worth 4 FE.

Jim151
    @jim151

Sure, but I have 10 duplicate or inferior items which are each worth 6. So I have 69 FE stored up in set items.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The best reason to keep old items is when you are fighting enemies with both dodge and ironclad. This way you might be able to equip one or two characters to do damage in the sweet spot. I created a strategy where I want to lower the health of a bird so I keep my non-duplicate offhand items too, but I doubt anyone else would use my strategy.

Another potential reason to keep old items is to use the golden gun set and put the game on autoplay in an area where you can keep on generating snoutlings.

There is no need to recycle items unless you run into the problem I experienced where the game kept duplicating my items. The good thing is that I obtained about 20,000 essence and a whole bunch of snoutlings too, but the bad news is that I can’t change my equipment because the game was duplicating items faster than I could recycle them so my inventory got so large the game crashes if I try to open it.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 @jim151 For the Ironclad guy (He’s called the Shogun) in the Thursday dungeon I used Samurai with Grandslam, Druid with Sweet and Skulkers (I dont have a matching set).

What I do is use Skulkers on the Shogun and Rage Chili on Samurai. This leaves him with about 5% health so next round I can easily finish him off. The only problem with this is that the ninjas themselves get a bit harder since I can’t really attack them directly. So I use Skulkers on Druid and Samurai attacks. When the birds health gets low I shield with Samurai, Heal with Druid and put Skulkers on Samurai. This way while I’m healing the ninjas are getting poison damage while Samurai is dealing a bit of damage each round due to Skulkers.

@all Now back on topic with the thread:

I personally only keep one of each set item meaning if I get a stronger one from the GPM I just scrap the old one. Even old set items are useless to me against ninjas because if some birds are too strong I’ll just substitute for a bird that works. There’s just so many teams that can fight ninjas that I’d rather just have higher strength but lower selection. Plus there’s always the Venom Team. That never goes over the Dodge limit.

Tman
    @tman

I don’t keep non set items or older set items. I’ve seen this game glitch enough times that I don’t want to have it crash on me because it is storing too much information. I haven’t heard about this happening, but I don’t want to test fate.

For the Thursday dungeon, I’ve switched to using Guardian, Druid and Rainbird. It’s a good combo since Guardian can hit both the Shogun and all of the others. He’s in that middle ground. It also reduces the attack power on enemies, and has a defensive barrier that last three turns. On the Shogun stage I use my rage on Red, which lets me get rid of him within three turns.

Jim151
    @jim151

@mvnla2 @jim151 For the Ironclad guy (He’s called the Shogun) in the Thursday dungeon I used Samurai with Grandslam, Druid with Sweet and Skulkers (I dont have a matching set).

For the Thursday dungeon, I’ve switched to using Guardian, Druid and Rainbird. It’s a good combo since Guardian can hit both the Shogun and all of the others. He’s in that middle ground. It also reduces the attack power on enemies, and has a defensive barrier that last three turns. On the Shogun stage I use my rage on Red, which lets me get rid of him within three turns.

That’s all well and good, but my question was to rizdub who said he uses Druid, Rogues, and McCool on Thursday. I don’t do FB, so I am stuck with McCool for dungeons, and I was wondering how the above set gets past Shogun.

RizDub
    @rizdub

@jim151 Ah yes, my mistake. It’s been a while since I actually did the Thursday dungeon, so I must have forgotten my usual lineup. I just did it now and used @partshade’s combo (plus the Artillery Strike set for Blues). Worked tremendously. Not sure what to do if you don’t use FB.

Jim151
    @jim151

You don’t. Or at least I haven’t discovered how. Not with the use of consumables, which would be fairly silly to do when the only reward is money with with to buy consumables. So I just don’t bother.

Anonymous

@jim151 @rizdub In that case the only thing I could think of is Skulkers Druid and Mccool. Everything should be done the same way except now Mccool is now used for defense instead of Samurai. I would say just keep Mccools Restock ability on everybody (This way you can heal high amounts of health without potions being consumed) unless they all have high enough health for Druid to keep health up. On the Shogun round I would just use chili on blues after he casts Way of the Pig and hope for the best. Probably not the best team for no FB but this is the only team I ever use.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Old Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.