OK, what's the point

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum OK, what's the point

Viewing 11 replies - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Replies
  • Jim151
    @jim151

The birds don’t get more powerful, Jim. Blue will not get stronger against stone. Terrance needs much momentum. Flinging him up takes that away. Down, fans or flowers help him. Chuck, well, he is a problem for me. He cuts through wood so easily that pigs just lower a level and are left alive with most of the structure left intact.

I understand all that. I can’t seem to get Yue to understand that. Though I don’t know why I care.

Jim151
    @jim151

If you want to test the difference before-after a bird’s level up, you need to control the variable to same bird, same scenario. I have told you how to manage those varibales. You keep yourself in wrong direction. That won’t help to clarify.

Level 1 blues in level 2 walkthrough video destroys all but 3-4 blocks of ice from sculpture. My level 35 blues , flung the same exact way as in the video, destroys all but 3-4 blocks of ice. Are you saying that if I install a new game on my phone (I play on a tablet), that my new level 1 bird will do significantly worse than the video level 1 bird? I don’t think so.

Jim151
    @jim151

OK, because I had nothing better to do for a few minutes, I loaded AB2 onto my phone, and played level 1 with a level 1 bird and a level 35 bird on my tablet. Absolutely no difference in destructive power between the two. Activated Red at the same point, and both resulted in the destruction of all but 4-5 blocks in both rooms. The buildings fell pretty much the same way. IOW, 35 Red’s power was no more powerful in knocking over the buildings than 1 Red’s was. The only difference was 178,000 points for the level 1 bird, 6 million for level 35.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@hank @jim151
    Two things I have mentioned which are ignored by Jim.

1. bird’s destruction specialty, blue for ice, chuck for wood, for example.

2. I suggest to use bomb as the range of explosion impact is easier to observe, or Terrence, as it gets heavier when level up.

Other birds are difficult to observe, in my opinion. But I believe, there should be a destruction parameter table for each bird. Rovio’s team use this table to manage level up.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I agree with Jim: there is absolutely no difference in the “destructive” power. I can use all the birds on my girlfriend’s phone exactly like I do on my own phone (lvl 8-9 and lvl 45-46).

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@jo-ha
    test a bomb to see how far it could impact, then you would know the difference.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I did, I can’t see a difference.
    …and btw, how can you be so sure, that the bird Level will affect the “destruction power” and on the other Hand tell us, that only some birds make a difference? If there was a difference from Level 1 to 40+, it must be so significant (like the Points, which are), that even Red must be a lot stronger.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@jo-ha

Observation, observation and observation.

Taking Bomb as an example, it’s easier. The original bomb impact might be set at radius of 100 pixel, As bomb leveled up, it could be 102 pixel, 104 pixel, 106 pixel….

Someone would say, he/she did exactly the same way and see no difference. I would say, sorry, it’s not that easy as you said. The angle, the release power timing (exact pixel on your screen), are too complicated to say “exact the same”.

You would see blues cut ice easier, chuck cut wood easier/faster, silver to hit the ground heavier (by observing bounce of structure), red to push longer and stroner, and so on.

Anyway, believe or not, it’s your call. I will not respond on this subject any more,

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

You’re on level 466?

Only 534 to go until where the game is now. By which time at 20 per week you’ll be way way way behind again.

And this is why I never upgrade birds with feathers or even bother with hats – no matter what flock power/strength you, you will only ever play opponents more powerful than you.

As for bird “strength” – give me strength! Sometimes I can bomb something and get 1.5m points and other times with the same structure i’m lucky if I get 300k points.

Jim151
    @jim151

Two things I have mentioned which are ignored by Jim.

1. bird’s destruction specialty, blue for ice, chuck for wood, for example.

For the love of…

I have been playing the game for several months now. I’m on level 466 on the map, and my birds are level 34-35. I KNOW how the game is played.

In one of your earlier posts, you mentioned how a balloon would stop a low level Terrance but higher levels he would blast through it. That’s precisely why I tested my level 35 Blues on a stone in the level 2 quest, to see if the was ANY noticeable difference. There was none. So the destructive power affects some but not all birds on some but not all obstacles? How does that work?

And I’m not going to waste time playing the second game until I get Bomb and then test him. That could take hours to find out something I already know.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The balloon and Terrence issue was a bug that was fixed by Rovio. That was about the time Terrence got, well, for lack of a better word, neutered. Used to be that Terrence was a force to be reckoned with in all AB games and even in early AB2. But in general, all birds in AB2 are ‘neutered’, some more than others. Spells too. Used to be the Mighty Eagle was mighty, now it’s more of a Thanksgiving turkey with emphysema.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum OK, what's the point

Viewing 11 replies - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.