Not seeing Facebook friends

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Not seeing Facebook friends

• i’ve friended 3 people on Facebook in order to send/receive gifts on Ab2. However only one appears in the levels’ leaderboards. Anyone know why the other two don’t appear? Would it be to do with devices eg iPad or Android or pc?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Maybe they haven’t completed that level yet.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@triggerfish Try inviting those friends with the ‘Invite’ button in the game. It worked for me and one of my friends.

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

Thanks for suggestions.
    I checked the early levels and they’re not appearing at all.
    I’ve tried using the invite button but that doesn’t seem to have worked either.
    Perhaps it will magically resolve itself!

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

I wonder if the Facebook friends, whom I can’t see on Leaderboards, are actually playing the Under Pigstruction version of the game and that’s the problem?
    One of them sent me an invite and it was to the Under Pigstruction version. When I clicked on the Play button, my own game opened, but the friend still wasn’t on the Leaderboards.
    I don’t know anything about Under Pigstruction so I don’t know if the players have been moved into the new AB2 or if they’re playing seperately.

kwakwaBlue
    @kwakwablue

@triggerfish The problem may have another source, actually i’ve experienced it in the beginning. You see, when you connect to Facebook the first time through the game, they give you to choose the informations that you provide to the app, the first time i unchecked every information except the public profile of course, and then i couldn’t see anyone from my friends who were playing, and the same goes for them. So it’s important to provide the list of friends you have in order to appear to each other. I hope it’ll help.

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@kwakwablue, thanks for helpful suggestion. That may well be the problem with one of my friends. The other one is playing a different version of game, in a different language, which is why we can’t see each other.

waimea
    @waimea

I’m picking on you @triggerfish because from the above messages you’ll know the answer to our dilemma. Can anyone help the Facebook challenged? Both my friend and I don’t do facebook, but we have pages now for AB2 for the individual level score board and to send gifts. We are friends on facebook. We are now both logged on to facebook and have AB2 open. I clicked ‘invite’ in the facebook box in AB2, his name was there, I checked it. He got a notice on the task bar that I had invited him. He did the same with me. I have tried clicking on the message when I get the invite, have scoured both his and my facebook pages, but I am sure we are missing something blaringly obvious, but is there someplace you have to click ‘approve’ to get hooked up? Because we are NOT hooked up. At least he’s not showing on my page leader board and I am using level 1 that I know we both did. Please, what are we missing? And yes I feel like an idiot but we weren’t raised with this social media stuff….lol.

Triggerfish
    @triggerfish

@waimea, Lol, I wasn’t raised with social media either and am as mystified about this problem as you. I have 4 Facebook friends who play the game and they just appeared automatically in my leaderboards, without me having to invite them.
    One friend hasn’t appeared and invites haven’t worked for us either. I did wonder if there was an issue due to him playing the under Pigstruction version but another friend seems to be playing that version and we are linked ok.
    I assume you allowed Angry Birds to access your Facebook account, since you can see your friends when you click invite.

I wish I could help! I hope a more techie person can shine a light on this.

waimea
    @waimea

@triggerfish If nothing else, thanks for helping me not feel like an idiot…lol. I’ll just hope some kind person will see this before my buddy wakes up in England in about 8 hours. Since we play head to head, it really would be nice so be able to see each other’s scores in the game level leaderboard and also send pressies. Thanks a ton anyway.

kwakwaBlue
    @kwakwablue

@waimea Actually, you can see your friends when you click invite even if you didn’t give access to your friend’s list in the “info you provide list”. So make sure you have really given access to your friend’s list when you first logged to FB, your friend should give access too, otherwise you won’t be able to see him.

waimea
    @waimea

@kwakwablue Thanks so much for your response and info. Unfortunately I have no idea where to check to see if I have given access or my friend has. I’m almost sure I didn’t restrict any access when I first logged on to FB through AB2. I’ll have to check with my friend. But if any one knows where to find out whether we did or didn’t restrict access would be appreciated. I’ve looked through all the AB2 settings, even thought it might be a setting on FB, but no success. I logged out of FB, opened AB2 to see if it would ask me to hook up to FB, but it seems the game keeps you logged in. Oh for the easy days of ABO….

kwakwaBlue
    @kwakwablue

@waimea Hi, you can check this on Facebook, go to settings and then apps, you should see angry birds 2. If you click on this, you will get some informations, first the visibility then the info you provide. “Friend list” should be there after public profile. give the steps to your friend so that he can check this too.

waimea
    @waimea

@kwakwablue Woooo, I think that’s going to do it. I now have to get my friend to do it also. I think this should work. Thank you so very much!!!

kwakwaBlue
    @kwakwablue

@waimea You’re welcome :)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Not seeing Facebook friends

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.