Non Game-Crippling Game Strategies (Don't Quit The Game)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Non Game-Crippling Game Strategies (Don't Quit The Game)

• I only work 10 hours per week, so I have lots of time to play…

That being said, I see a lot of posts complaining of nodes being “tied up” with quests, nothing to do, characters in upgrades, etc.

Try some non game-crippling theories to get past some of these difficulties:

Everyone has to sleep, work, family time, kids, etc. (or go to school)

If you play only once per day:

Set yourself up so that when you sleep for the night, you have 3 Special Missions ready for your playing time when awake to play. Use the piggies if needed so when you play, those Special Missions are ready to complete. (use piggies to reduce time to 12 for a 24 hour mission, etc.)

1. There are 14 TF that are designated as “Destructors(Bomb)” Double up on these if needed
    2. There are only 6 TF that are designated as “Ninja/Sneakers” (try to only choose 1 Special Mission with these character – Spend the 5 gems to change if needed)
    3. There are 7 characters designated as “Thinkers” (Light Bulb). (again try to only choose 1 Special Mission with these character – Spend the 5 gems to change if needed).

Wake & complete all Special Missions. Play all open nodes. Play any nodes with EggBots sitting/resting first (all should be open to play if you set Special Mission to complete when you play)

If you have more opportunities later in the day to play… Try & choose Special Missions that are 1, 4 or 7 hours in time. Use Piggies to reduce time to fit your gaming schedule, that you can play & complete before the end of your gaming time.

Use those 1 – 4 hours when you eat, do household chores, watch kids, take a break at work, etc to have those 1, 4 or 7 hour missions running.

I realize it’s not 100% perfect for everyone, but the game situation as it is isn’t a Game Breaker for everyone yet, unless it’s just no longer enjoyable for you.

Take some time & set your game up before your sleep for the night & it should be ready for you when you wake.

No need to run 12 & 24 hour missions with 9 TF’s so you can’t play any nodes all day. At best, if you set things up right, you should only be out a minimal amount of gaming time ;-)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

All good advice, much of which I already do.

My issue is that mission optimization is critical not simply for general game-playability reasons, but because we need to earn as many special materials as possible to complete upgrades. I’ve already run out of materials on a few occasions taking TFs from L10 to L11, albeit rarely. I can only imagine how important proper mission management will become when getting them from L14 to L15.

So unless you’re willing to take another 12 months to get everyone from L11 to L15 then you need to be constantly harvesting.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

OMG…12 months to get everyone to level 15! Monetization of in-app purchases will, as you outlined in the other thread, destroy the game-play…maybe I’m just in denial and that’s why I keep opening the app and trying to play 😝

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well I’m figuring 6-7 months if you’re hyper efficient and never get bottle-necked with insufficient materials.

So 12 months if you get jammed from time to time and have to wait for enough Super Rareiums or whatever.

I’m not willing to pay real money for gems, not only because I’m kinda cheap, but because Rovio simply doesn’t deserve the cash for putting out such a buggy product. If this were truly a quality product, I’d be more than happy to plunk down some cash, I’d even be willing to pay upfront. And I’m sure they’re already making tons of money off of me and others from the incentivized ad views (i.e. watching videos).

On the subject of video views, anyone willing to join a boycott? It really only works if we can get a enough people doing it that Rovio notices a significant and sudden reduction in advertising revenues. Time to send them a message that this bugginess needs to get fixed.

Also, everyone should stop using Facebook with ABT, as Rovio generates revenue from that as well. You can still get buddy assists, its just that they’ll be app-generated buddies, not buddies from your friends. No big deal, I’ve been playing for eight months now, and every buddy I’ve ever called in has been a virtual one.

dmsral
    @dmsral

Thanks @dawni-criswell for the good information.

I’ve also been working on a strategy write-up but it leverages the longer-term missions. Some highlights:

If your silo is fully loaded or items you need aren’t available in the mission list, go for the longest time mission because it has the most questions marks. These will give you coins, gems and pigs. Be patient with the other components too, they will come in time, there’s usually no need to aggressively target them on missions.

Alternate between Autobot and Decepticon upgrades which gives you two upgrade cycles to replenish each side of the silo.

It takes an extra rareium for each upgrade: Level 11: 1, Level 12: 2, etc., up to Level 15: 5. There is one mission on the far right mission tower that yields 3 rareiums. If you don’t need that many at the moment, try to upgrade a character to Level 12 or higher to make room for those rareiums before you collect them.

You will to be more selective on the missions as you get to higher levels due to the ever increasing parts needed, but I think my strategy will still be generally applicable. Going for the coins and such on missions has been consistently netted me an extra 100,000 over what I need after each upgrade cycle. I’m currently at Level 283 with almost 1.5 million coins (and climbing), and I haven’t played Jenga in almost two weeks.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@dmsral upgrading a TF to level 12 to,open up silo slots sounds like a good strategy.

thx, too, to @dawni-criswell

A boycott! @optimuspig. Foregoing all the bonus coins, etc. both from watching videos and FB may be a hard sell to a big group, but I’d commit to that 😄 I’m not on the FB thing either and have no issues with the buddies I get, but the downside of that is no reciprocity in getting the gem/coin bonuses either.

I would have also happily paid for the app initially if it would have meant a less buggy experience, but I’m not running an enterprise that needs to generate $$$$$. The model for free-to-play, with in-app purchases to progress or make ads go away seems to run pretty much across the board for apps these days.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Field trip, bring along your placards protesting buggy game!

Rovio head office in Finland

clh42
    @clh42

I was actually about to post my own thread with the subject line something like “About to quit playing, please convince me otherwise.”

I do already do most of what’s suggested in the original post. I do still enjoy the actual game play.

My problem is that I’m no longer playing when *I* want. I’m playing whenever I can (which I’m sure Rovio loves but is starting to turn me off and if I quit playing then Rovio won’t like it) so I have things available to play when I do actually want to. The waiting game is just driving me crazy. I keep ending up with medium or hard difficulties that I can’t complete until I upgrade the bot. I know I can skywarp them but I don’t think I should have to. And that just slows things down more because you get very little coin or pigs out of a skywarped event, and then you have to wait for another event to be built.

The straw breaker for me was this past weekend where I wanted to play on the airplane, but I ended up spending 4 hours doing essentially nothing but Jenga runs, which got very boring after about the 1st hour straight, because there was nothing else I COULD do. Once I cleared out the few events I had active, it took long enough to rebuild a new event that I played maybe one event an hour in between the Jenga runs. And because I was on an airplane I had no Internet so no video doublers.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@clh42

“And because I was on an airplane I had no Internet so no video doublers.”

Just join the boycott.

VIDEO BOYCOTT (closed)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Non Game-Crippling Game Strategies (Don't Quit The Game)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.