No Opening Of Game For Me

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum No Opening Of Game For Me

• i did the update and now I can’t even open the game at all..anyone else??

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • moi
    @moifirst

I assume that it still won’t open after repeatedly trying. You may have to do this several times. My top record is about 40-50 times before it opened (,but that was a few weeks ago during another event). However, usually it will take me 1-5 times (also with this new update).
    If it still won’t open, I guess the only alternative will be to de-install the game and re-install it again. I sure hope that you have been connected to Facebook, otherwise your progress will be lost.

ED209
    @ed209

This maybe a quick work around just so you can backup your data. Turn the device to airplane mode and try to open the game, it may take a few attempts but it should load. Once it’s loaded minimise the game and enable the internet again, this should enable you to have the game open and access the event etc. I have the same issue on a iPhone5 and the above works

nykki
    @diamond72

Yeah.. I did the uninstall, reinstall thing and that worked for about a minute and now can’t get it open again. I will try the airplane mode thing…

moi
    @moifirst

I also have tried (a sort of) airplane mode, as the game still kept crashing/freezing very often, even with my own offered solution of uninstalling and re-installing it.
    Because I play on a PC using Bluestacks, no airplane mode is available. So I mimicked this by yanking out the ethernet cable from the PC and plug it in later on when the game is looking for an internet connection.
    Up till now this seems to be working.

Edit: Later on the problems returned, so this wasn’t really the solution. I had to shut down the game and restart it a few times before it was running correctly. With persistent problems I had to use the uninstall/reinstall procedure.

Meh
    @mehh

I was told to reinstall the app to fix the crashing probs and the exclusively $70 for sparks option.

I did the reinstall. It kept my progress. I could play until I closed the app and now the app won’t reopen. It crashes once you get to the new splash screen

a further reinstall had the same result. Game crashes when you try to open it. These rovio coders are effing incompetent.

ED209
    @ed209

What devices are you guys using? I have a old iPhone 5 which will not load either and just crashes to home screen. If I put airplane mode on after a few tries it load but with a internet connection it will not load at all. Sometimes it will crash on the white loading screen and sometimes it will get to the end of the loading bar and then crash.

game is backed up using iCloud and iTunes but still a issue. May factory reset the phone and setup as a new phone with clean install but means progress will be lost due to not having a Facebook account

my iPhone 6 is fine with no issues at all

moi
    @moifirst

@ed209
    I think it is advisable to make a Facebook account anyway. By doing this, progress won’t be lost in case of a failed update. You don’t have to use this FB account for anything else.
    Somewhere in the early days of Angry Birds Transformers I had to start from scratch after problems with an update (yes, these kind of things did and will probably always exist at Rovio). Since then I used a FB account to prevent these losses.

ED209
    @ed209

I don’t use Facevook because of posts that I have seen about the game syncing with a earlier backup from Facebook and people loosing gems\sparks and even tfs.

i use iCloud backup and I do a full iTunes backup before every update as i don’t allow the game to auto update.

Meh
    @mehh

After a reinstall with game centre, I can get back in the game one time. Any jewels, sparks or coins scored are not backed up. When I close the game, I am unable to get back in without another reinstall to the original backup point.

Is version 1.28.1.4 the current version ?  I’ve been stuck there for a while now.

ED209
    @ed209

@mehh are you on iOS or android? I’m guessing iOS?

1.4 is the latest version as I’m on this version on my iPhone 6 and iPhone 5.

Meh
    @mehh

I use an iPad

thanks for letting me know. Hopefully I don’t have to wait for a hard update to be able to play again

Meh
    @mehh

1.25.1.5 is out and the game still crashes on startup….Sigh. I guess I won’t be getting into this new event at all.

Android got an update. Anyone know if  there is an iOS update coming soon ?

ED209
    @ed209

My iPhone 6 game updated to 1.5 as well when I restarted it today.

iPhone 5 just updated to 1.5 and then lost all the process as asked to link to Facebook or press play. Pressed play and loaded turtorial level so restarted and now back to 1.3 and not loading at all

Meh
    @mehh

Guess we’ll have to wait for an update in the App Store . It takes a couple of days for Apple to approve them, so I hope  has already submitted it

ED209
    @ed209

I think on their Facebook page it said they have already at the same time as android version so hopefully not long

Meh
    @mehh

weirdly, the game let me in this morning. I played for a bit then closed the game and couldn’t get back in. So I yet again lost out on tokens….sigh

nykki
    @diamond72

It seems to be slowly getting better. I had to constantly reboot my iPad to get it to open. Now I go to open, I have to tap the app at least twice before it will open

ED209
    @ed209

Don’t think the new update is going to appear till Monday due to it being the weekend now.

god knows why they can’t fix the game properly and have a break from events.

Meh
    @mehh

Well it’s Monday and there still no update for iOS . I’ve been locked out of normal play for over a week now. The reinstall route still only gives me one chance to open the app and play, but that’s it. I get crashed out if I try and reopen .

Combine that with all the crashes, loss of tokens, loss of sparks, purchase issues and other general jarsus over the last six months and I think it’s time to look for a new game

ED209
    @ed209

Seems like there is no update for iOS as it’s Tuesday now and there is still no update on the AppStore.

Meh
    @mehh

A new event and the app is still not working.  It’s been two weeks now. Will someone at rovio please fix the iOS app so I can play again

2p4fun
    @optimus

As far as him concerned, I am not able to connect to the games.

Meh
    @mehh

Wow it’s been over a month since the app won’t let me open it without crashing. I thought I’d take a look and see if there is a fix yet, but of course there isn’t . The incompetent fools at rovio are terrible at their jobs and don’t know what they are doing. Smdh

ED209
    @ed209

@Meh, have you tried re installing the game again as version 1.13 has just come out which is a soft update.

Meh
    @mehh

Yes I did do the reinstall to .13 , but it still crashes at startup. Oh well

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum No Opening Of Game For Me

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.