No more gems from small chest?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No more gems from small chest?

• I have been getting a mix of spells and three gems from the small chest since it was introduced. I spent the $10 to get it every 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Today it is only giving me spells. Is anybody getting gems from it? Or is it just spells now?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Gems almost every time, maybe once per day i get some spell.

Penz
    @penz

Hadn’t noticed until you mentioned it, but no,haven’t had any gems today. I’ve had mostly spells which is great considering how weak they are now. Used a mighty Eagle earlier in the 1st room of a match, three tall structures which was ideal , all 3 were destroyed and ended up with less than 500,000 points and destructometer less than half full, awesome.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Yes, Penz, not a single gem from the small chest today for me. I guess there is a maximum and if that is exceeded no more. All ducks, chilis and blizzards. But that is alright because those are what I commonly use in the KPC. I am still a purist in the arena and I appreciate that the opponents no longer bring spells. The KPC is really the only place I use them because time is so short.

I still get gems for daily tasks, even got four just for claiming my daily feathers. That amount is increased because I spent the $10 for the cape and stuff. I will probably spend the $10 for the gems, pearls and feathers too. When it comes to my pile of gems, I am like Gollum is about the ring. My Precious! But I also like my money, so none of this gem letter stuff.

Penz
    @penz

I’m the opposite to you,I only ever use spells in the arena, and only then if I feel like I’m underpowered compared to my opponents (who also use spells)….and to make sure I win the 7th streak. I consider myself a good player but man it’s been tough going today. Saying that I haven’t lost all day and I think I’ve only had to spend 180 gems , had a LOT of close shaves though.

Not sure if there’s a maximum no of gems in play, I’ve only got 2,600 which is a lot less than other posters on here. It sure would be nice if Rovio actually bothered explaining the lack of gems in the chests, the nerfing of the spells etc etc etc.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Ha, Penz. As I have said in the past, if anybody finds a user manual or owner’s guide to this game, please share it.

kelshe
    @kelshe

I haven’t gotten any gems since early this morning. Ducks, chilis and blizzards oh my! Even the gifts from my FB friend are spells. Don’t need spells and like @captsternn, I like my gems. If they have a maximum, I’d like to know what it is. I only have 7500 gems and I know that others have many more than that. If we’re not receiving gems from the treasure chest it might be Rovio trying to force players to buy them.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@penz, do you have a elder bronze slingshot. I just faced you as an opponent in my arena

Penz
    @penz

Yup that was me then.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I’m not getting my three gems either and I also paid $9.99 for every 15 mins. They should owe us credit gems until our purchased time runs its course? You know some people who play Angry Birds 2 are on fixed incomes so can’t always afford to run the debit cards to buy..so I purchase these little boosters to stretch a buck out over time. I don’t claim to be the best bird finger but beat 95% of whoever is in my league and those who have never beat me in the arena are because they bought gems. I was way ahead first place of my board until this update and now fighting to hang on to 3rd spot. I’ve noticed even the Free google play rewards survey app has stopped sending as much opportunity to earn free gems. There must be a greedy connection there.

Penz
    @penz

Yup that’s really unfair to people who have paid for the chest every 15 mins and rely on those gems. It’s also unfair to people who have paid for spells as they are now almost useless. Thankfully I haven’t paid for either but it shows how little Rovio care for even their paying customers.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Yeah, yesterday i got gems from small chest but today only feathers and spells. Luckily there’s friend gift what mostly gives 5 gems.

kelshe
    @kelshe

I get only a chili, a blizzard or a duck. I PAID for a MIX of gems and spells. Now the only way to get free gems is to place in the arena or to get a few from your FB friend. I have about 2500 spells; I don’t need any more. I can only get feathers in the arena because the DC and KPP only offer the possibility of a few pearls and more spells. Punishment for having a maxed out flock. This is a not-very-subtle attempt to force the purchase of gems. Not going to happen; at least not for me. This is typical Rovio form. Each new update adds complications and removes something many players rely on. As much as I hate to say it, I’m very near end game.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I didn’t pay $10.00 for feathers every 15 minutes and they’ve made some structures in the DC and regular play so hard to clear you’d have to have a boat load of gems to finish. I won first place in the arena and got 300 gems, stars and pearls..and 1600 gem deal went through them like a baby eats M&M’s! The DC was easy the first walkthrough but overtime my birds seeded to get weaker and structures harder..I had the Boss bandaged and one pop should have finished his hamhoc but 4 direct hits by silver, Clarence, Woody and Bomb couldn’t take him out. Im not a happy camper with these changes either.

KayBird
    @kaybird

Yes, I’ve noticed that for a couple of days now (with it being Oct 31, 2016 at time of this writing). I’ve been getting spells and feathers but few, if any, gems the last few days. This while they appear to be promoting gem specials in the gem shop. Looks to me like they are trying to steer us into buying gems right now. I do not like this. I would rather have paid a fee for the game up front than have things like this happening.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Oh yes, I usually don’t get gems anymore from the chest!

And often only 10 Feathers! I watched that advertising videos to get damn, stupid, pathetic and ridiculous ten feathers for playing that long video and wasting mobile internet data.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Please Rovio. Give us back the three gems, we paid to get the small chest every 15 minutes. But with that stupid feathers in small amounts it’s useless.

Penz
    @penz

Ooh just had the mighty Eagle offer! So, no gems in the chests anymore, my birds are all maxed out so I’m only getting spells and they are all still level 1. Let me think……

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I would hold off, Penz. At least to see if they bring the gems back to the small chest. Not worth it for spells.

Thing is that Rovio is losing advertising as well. Getting the gems along with spells had me constantly opening the game, and that translated into me playing often and watching videos to get an extra bird here and there. I open the game far less now and play far less as a result, not watching many videos.

Penz
    @penz

Sorry Cap, I was being extremely sarcastic. Should have used the right font ? I’m not touching it with a bargepole.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

The crazy thing is I’ve won about 10 arena win streaks in a row without using any gems.

If you get caught up worrying if you’re at level 165 and facing an opponent much higher rank, don’t get caught up in a panic…play the room to maximum destruction and your score will soar.

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

No more 200 feathers eventually from free chests as well.
    Now that arena is playable, it’s really a pity that I can’t collect my 60 gems from DC and free chests.

snappy
    @snap

I can confirm we have 200 feathers from free chest. just got one.

Penz
    @penz

Yup me too Snappy.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Yes, i’ve seen this too.

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

Ok, just got one. First time since halloween update though, despite often playing.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum No more gems from small chest?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.