New League-style. How is everybody doing with it?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum New League-style. How is everybody doing with it?

• I notice a couple of new things about my gaming tactics and attitude since the new league style thing started. One unavoidable fact is that I spend more coin and with a greater sense of urgency. I also feel playing in competition with strangers seems more like a real contest. I like it. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • Replies
  • edusk
    @edusk

It would be nice to play with strangers, but today does not work. Always prints to error in the server room. I Fresh the page, but not be good.:-(

tomason
    @tomason33

Yeah, I have the same thing here, with FF, IE, Chrome, etc. all get the same message… It’s likely their server. Surely a temporary problem.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Am amble to play the 11/3/14 tournament now, but boy does this league thing make it even slower to load levels, even after you’ve been playing for a while. Not to mention that I got frustrated with slow loading and did a hard close and restart. Now it seems I can’t get in at all. HWDNF must have bribed Rovio to make sure I don’t spend too much time playing.

edusk
    @edusk

I’ve been working today.

Andrew Apps
    @andrew-a67

I spent 1000 coins in first week :s took me ages to save up for those! Anyway already seeing the cheaters come out the woodwork, in the wood league I am in there is someone called Smasher who is on 1,959,560, thats 250k higher than second place. The score for first level is 219,000 that is ridiculously impossible. I know we get the odd fluke, one in a million level of destruction, but over all levels.. no. How do we report these people?

VanessaS
    @vanessas

I would like to see a separate ranking for those of us who choose not to use any power ups.

stosh
    @stosh

I took 2nd out of 6 friends. I am still in glass league but 3 of my friends moved up to wood. We do not use power-ups. In my league I ranked 11th out of 40. I am not really interested in competing with those who use power-ups but find it interesting that 3 other non-power-up players advanced. This is Rovios latest attempt to get those of us who do not use power-ups to use up our free power-ups and buy more. By the way… How many wingmen can I buy for 33,830 coins?

tomason
    @tomason33

Folks are unlikely… VERY unlikely to see an officially sponsored tournament that has no power-ups. Oh, it’s a great idea, but for obvious reasons no one will promote an event that is essentially preventing the host from making money. That is the unfortunate (but true) reality. As for cheaters (referenced by Andrew Apps), wouldn’t they be incentivized to lay the hell low on something super ostentatious like a tournament? They really should just play honestly or don’t bother playing at all. I will seriously blow the whistle on someone flouting the rules and the spirit of legitimate competition.
    The server that handles AB Friends appears to be running at full steam now

Terribletom
    @terribletom

@stosh….Believe it or not the scores you mentioned, are Valid scores. There are a couple of glitches, where the real Good players have been able to capitalize with the zombie pigs. Can only be done with mobile platform. What happens, once the 1st pigs are done with, the zombie pigs start spawning. You need to get a loaded Wingman quickly, to capture the extra points.
    I personally only played a bit, due to it favoring mobile, as my eyes are old, and far too much strain. Hopefully next week, Rovio doesn’t have any glitches!!!!

stosh
    @stosh

@terribletom… my point was the differences in the random groupings in the league. In another group I would have advanced to wood. In my league grouping, none of my friends would have advanced. I am happy competing against my friends and look forward to being amused by my adventures in league play. And I shall continue to accumulate coins and power-ups for that proverbial rainy day. :-)

malemotives
    @malemotives

No glitch problems or blowups. I just find it hard to believe that there can be such a wide gaps in scoring. I understand there are some really good players, and I understand some are benefiting by buying/spending coin for power ups. But some of them are just so far ahead of everyone, I find it odd. If you are lucky enough to take out EVERYTHING with 1 shot and get a really good score, only to see someone post a score that is 25,000 points higher just, blows my mind. Oh well.

tomason
    @tomason33

I was told the smart phone platforms gameplay works slightly differently, in that there is a moment after certain shots where they can score a poopload o’ points if they are quick. This is not an option for PC users, and so I hope they are not grouping “these” with “those”. There’s no way pc users can legitimately compete with that.

stosh
    @stosh

1,711,090 so far. Good for 15th in glass league and 1st among 5 friends who don’t use power-ups either. I play on a PC only.
    Top score in league is 1,746,220.

tomason
    @tomason33

Right on stosh, good job!

Andrew Apps
    @andrew-a67

I have 1,725,400 points, 20th in the wood league with top 4 over 800k Can not see how to beat this, spent another 500+ coins trying…

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

my opinion would be to wait until the Halloween levels are done and we get new levels out. apparently there is a way to get a lot more points but it all depends on getting zompigs when they spawn and it really seems like it’s all just a matter of luck, so saving coins for the next levels makes sense I think.

dvitali
    @dvitali

I did not care about this leaque style of play because I just play for myself, is there any way to remove myself from these tournaments?

stosh
    @stosh

This is at least the 2nd Halloween/Winter Tourney and should last 4-8 weeks. (I am not an admin so I am just guessing) Last year I didn’t even look at league play and survived. If you don’t like the tourney format just take the extra 10 coins per week, give your friends the same heck you always do and wait for the tourney to end. Use power-ups or don’t, click on league stats or don’t, post your score on the leader boards or don’t. I don’t believe that this is a permanent change but if it is I will adapt. Rovio has a great game on Facebook that changes every 7 days. Resting on laurels don’t cut it. So enjoy the rest of the tournament… or don’t.

stosh
    @stosh

6 hours left. 1,715,240 points good for 1st among friends(3,400 up on 2nd) and 14th in glass league. No special slings or power-ups used. I hope this helps those who do not use powers-up to gauge the possible scores attainable without power-ups. I have 5 awesome friends that make me work for them. Must wait and see if my scores hold up.

tomason
    @tomason33

1st in league this week and 1st last week. my current is 1,815,690.
    I’m on a PC

27feathers
    @27feathers

I agree there should be a non-PU group!

27feathers
    @27feathers

I am anti PU, but managed to finish in 2nd place to advance to Wood this week. I play on iOS mobile, I understand its a little different? Anyway, due to a glitch on Level 6, I am winning this week’s tourney by about 22,000…..which I feel bad about because I wasn’t trying to cheat, but the PU users are going to go nuts trying to beat it! Anyway, with crazy high scores this week, I think that glitch will have a lot to do with it.

tomason
    @tomason33

At this point, there has been so many glitches and unfair advantages to NOT being on a PC (which I am), that even though I was doing as good as is possible (!1 last two weeks) I can’t compete when as much as 100,000 points are awarded my rivals because of some BS. So NOT buying power ups is a very good idea especially when you can’t possibly win even when you have them.

DrRocket
    @drrocket

I like the league play, but ther have been scoring glitches from what I read. I think it makes it a lot more interesting. I never use power-ups. I just change slings. So far, I’m 3rd in the wood league this week.

stosh
    @stosh

Does anyone KNOW how long this tournament style will last or if this is the new ABF format? I can’t find anything outlining the tournament duration.
    Lots of upset players not being able to fairly compete can not be what Rovio had in mind when they changed this.
    906,340 w/o power-ups so far and good for 6th in wood league. 930,560 is high in league. Playing on PC.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum New League-style. How is everybody doing with it?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.