New Upgrades: All Star Class

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Upgrades: All Star Class

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • Power Pork
    @abginebird

Hmmmm… looks cool

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

With The Return To The Jungle Event , brings out the 1st set of All-Star Upgrades: Avenger , Thunderbird , Rogues , Princess , And Cannoneer

View post on imgur.com

Note: Stats are based on The Original Class Stats and Current Level.

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

And Rovio just started a sale so you can buy your missing elite classes, now that the legacy and even more-worthless “All-Star” classes are further diluting the odds of getting our last elite classes through events.  Fortunately, while I still have four elites left to collect, none of them are among my most-used, so I’m saving my lucky coins.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dahnlor

Yep, just more dilution with these All-Star classes. No new gameplay mechanics, no new content, just various buffs and balancings.

I did get my last Elite, though, so at least I can say that much is complete…

Thanks,

sutekh137

Suzy
    @suzyq

@sutekh137

I got my last elite as well in the sale as I thought it would probably take forever to win it.

Pointless
    @pointless

Yes, spent 90 LCs to get the last Elite…the never to be used Elite Priest(ess). Worthless, yet worth it, I suppose…

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I’m curious to share knowledge with you about the All Star Classes. I actually won Rogues All Star during the last chest’ event. It has +0% Attack +15% Defence.

Are there any other peculiar skills nor differences for the ones of you that own the other classes?
    Have they different/ additional skills?

Thanks to anyone.
    Maxx

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@maxxmatt

The All Star classes appear to vary in their attributes as to what they buff (or don’t). If you press and hold all the classes in the Event chest, you could see what various all star classes do. They might not even be consistent. Perhaps one person’s All Star Princess buffs offense while another buffs defense? Not sure.

All I know is that I got an All Star Princess that is worthless since the Elite Princess I have has better stats. The All Star classes are pretty much just window dressing that dilutes the classes you can receive from Event chests. In a word, they are stupid, and more proof that Rovio is only going to add stupid things to Epic: artwork, higher limits, etc. as time goes on. No actual new content in a couple years now.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@sutekh137
    Thanks for the hint about Matilda.

I look at a YouTube video about the All Star Thunderbird and despite it having only +10% defence, the additional passive healing skill sounds quite appealing to me: each end of turn, it may (40%) heal 25% of total life. Skill name is “Orb of Life”.

I suspect that my All Star Rogue doesn’t have any additional skill because its defence is augmented by +15% instead of standard +10%

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@maxxmatt

Hm, didn’t even notice I have a buff on my All Star as well, “Refusal”: Debuffed enemies to 20% less damage.

So I guess the All Star classes level out to have some new things, but they are still just dilution, in my view. Much better to have a whole new bird or some actual new levels to play!

Thanks,

sutekh137

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

the legasy classes are not new. The legasy mage (archmage) was givin out over the summer of 2015 I think, and the legasy knight (ronan?) was exclusive to a certain country for a small time. I have no info on legasy claric (moon claric?) or legasy pirate (???). Personaly, I want to know.

Pointless
    @pointless

The All Stars are Rovio’s attempt at bringing Arena specific Classes into the game (note the sports motif), as it’s the only thing driving the game now. These Classes have passive abilities that really are only suited for the Arena game, and come at a cost of decreased Health/Power bonuses compared to their Elite/Legacy cousins.
    I have All Star TBird, and although his heal is semi-useful in Arena, it comes at a cost of a 0% Power bonus. Granted, TBird is not a high damage Class, but I’ll take the additional damage over the healing in a PvE setting.

Seb
    @sebth

For those who prefer a healing set as Reset, Time or Mana, using the Twin Lightning set with the passive of the All Star TBird may be more useful than 10% power bonus.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pointless

You got me thinking about Rovio in general and their more-recent penchant for creating player-vs-player areas in their games…

Other than newer games where they had arena-based play at rollout (or very soon thereafter, like Angry Birds 2), I think it all started with Go! They added the face-off racing, which felt like a natural addition to a racing game. No new content, really, just implement a leaderboard and head-to-head matchups.

And that has been the trend, even with very, very old games. They added the Arena to Epic, Master League to the original Angry Birds (which I don’t mind so much in its newer incarnation), and even added Cake Race to Bad Piggies. Of course, at that point they also add some sort of coins or crates to a game to make people buy more stuff to be “competitive”.

Then, in Go!, they even went so far as to make a sequel simply be a reset for everything.

It seems very clear that instead of generating actual game content, Rovio is going to continue to create new games or simply tack on some sort of leaderboard-based content to existing games they decide not to scuttle. At this point I honestly believe there will never be an Epic 2. It’s much easier (and cheaper) to just raise power limits and perform tiny rebalancings and then let player-vs-player drive the sales. Ads help too, I am sure, but it is the stores that bring in real revenue, I’d wager. I wonder if once they go public (have they already) if their filings will break out what revenue comes from where…

As long as enough sheep spend real cash to “win” at these entirely fabricated contests (yes, I know every game is fabricated, but Rovio’s leaderboards are a fabrication within a fabrication), Rovio has no reason to change their course of action. And they aren’t the only game maker doing that. Heck, very few game makers aren’t, at this point.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@sutekh137
    you are so true about this “general gaming issue” that I strongly recommend anyone which is reading (myself, too) not to fuel the “parallel real life money flow” that nowdays any (new) game seems to bring “embedded” in it.

What (still) make me play a (nowdays) boring game like ABE is in the game itself. I like beating the game itself in any possible manner, especially if it continuosly brings strategic difficulties on accomplishing this task. After a while, with the power up of levels, weapons and mastery, being able to “kill the game” became very simple. ABE could bè considered, at that Level, boring and unplayable.

Actually I’m trying to inject additional “doses” of newness to ABE by myself, going as deep as clever as I can through underused game mechanics, underrated classes combos and trying to extract fun from every new little discovery.

For example, trying to remain on topic but keeping an eye over your last words,
    All’ Star Thunderbird + Elite Priestess is a more than playable pair of characters. Maybe not one of the strongest ones but TBird passive skill coupled with Priestess defensive one let the group bè healed for free . Add a beater with protective skills (Ronin/Samurai/Knight/SavageFrost) and you are now facing a competitive group with unusual classes. For my point of view, It is something worth trying and playing. Fun but competitive.

I would have preferred BETTER game improvements, of course, but I’m sure the “cute game storyboard” Will not expanded anymore, aside new caves stages. You could bè as sad as me on this issue, but I’d like to search for positive aspects when thing are “trivial” like the ones a game like ABE involved :-) don’t you?

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@maxxmatt

Sure, I could spend my time and energy looking for positive aspects in a dying game…or I could just quit and find something else to play.

We’re not operating in a vacuum here, and there is absolutely no reason for loyalty to any game that generates revenue via IAP and ads. Heck, there isn’t even” buyer’s bias” in play because we haven’t actually bought anything!

When there are literally thousands of games out there, I don’t see much point to trying to bright-side Epic. That’s just my opinion, of course.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@sutekh137
    Rovio was lucky to beat the bush with ABE. It is fun, fantasy, sweety for the ones like me that love RPG in the past and they have been smart enough to make fun fantasy birds instead of old Staple ones. IMHO, It is fun and mind relaxing even today without any new real content like you correctly state…

…but this game situation is not a guarantee of continue to play It, blndly n the next to come future. Actually I did not find any comparable switch to do. So I play Arena, Daily Dungeon, Events and test the most difficult Caves with different Teams.

Did you find something like ABE and worth its suggestion? i’m opened to test play It, too.

My 2 cents,
    Maxx

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@maxxmatt

You have a good point, and no, I don’t know of a great alternative for a party-based game that keeps the dynamics this simple. And I don’t want to play any of the quagmires that are Lords Mobile or Fire War or whatever — those all seem like too much, and are just as a money-grubbing.

A lot of tactical games out there are the “conquer” or “destroy” types where all you are doing is taking over an area and building a civilization/army/whatever. I don’t care for those, either.

So, no, I don’t really have a replacement for ABE — which is probably why I still haven’t completely left.  *smile*

Anyone else know games similar to ABE to try out?

Thanks,

sutekh137

Seb
    @sebth

I’m playing Jurassic World from Ludia. It’s a tactical game turn by turn.

The first time that I played ABE, it reminds me the Heroes of Might and Magic series on computer.

Anonymous

@maxxmatt

your last couple of posts in this thread are a very good explanation of why I still play ABE too. It’s still a little bit fun to come up with new strategy wrinkles here and there, and the overall simplicity makes it very “mind relaxing,” as you put it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Upgrades: All Star Class

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.