New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 198 total)
  • Replies
  • GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@angryjohnny, @datguygamer

The old objective told “Win fights and put 3 birds KO in an attack twice”.
    The number of fight to be won did not influence, only the action mattered.

With the new objective, they specify “Win 3 fights”. If the new objective works as the old, namely that only the action counts, why to specify the number of fight to be won ?

It is not us who have difficulty understanding, it is the descritpion which is badly formulated !

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

So the “Win without using Support abilities” objective is like a weird pseudo combination of “Don’t use Rage”/”Don’t heal banner/birds”. I say pseudo combinations because you can still heal with passive stuff like Hocus Pocus/Paladin/etc. Definitely a tougher objective as your opponent can use Rage and support and can still heal. To top it off you need to do it 5 times as opposed to 2-3 for the other named objectives.

Barely pulled it off, I’ll have to rethink a few things and probably forgo the objective in favor of winning the match if things start to go downhill/lose the coin toss.

I’m glad I started a collection of 3 Star equipment, so the “No sets” objective should be alright… wait, does the objective say “No Set Bonuses” or “No Set Items”? If “No Set Bonuses” you can still use your enchanted items with an offhand of a different set, so you don’t lose everything.

If it’s “No Set Bonuses”, this is also Rovios way to nudge us into enchanting a second set for each bird/banner

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@jadedbacon can you use shields or they considered support?

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@bubbley I did not try, I assumed I couldn’t. I know that if you use the Rage ability it doesn’t count, at least it didn’t count when I used it on Chuck.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

With the new objective, they specify “Win 3 fights”. If the new objective works as the old, namely that only the action counts, why to specify the number of fight to be won ?

You are completely right, yes you need to fight 3 battles and take out all 3 enemy birds in 1 turn at least once in every battle. Sorry, I completely missed that.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@jadedbacon You CAN still use Rage abilities however not Chuck’s (since that uses support of the other birds) and not Mathilda’s (since she heals all birds). The other birds do not have any support in their Rage abilities so they can still be used.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@angryjohnny Hmmm, weird. Why would Chucks count as a support. He’s literally making 3 birds attack. Maybe the game is counting it as a support because it’s like Lightning birds support?

Good to know I can still use Red/Blues/Bomb

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@angryjohnny

So, we can’t make this objectif in one fight ?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@jadedbacon Well Chuck GETS support from the other birds to attack the enemy and Mathilda GIVES support by healing them so that is why they do not work :-)

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@grimmjow Correct. You NEED to be in 3 fights for the new objective (as stated by its description).

Pointless
    @pointless

“Win without Support” as reported seems so random that I feel it has to be buggy. Why would any Rage be considered a Support ability? It should be as simply as any secondary, and that’s it.
    I was wondering that about the “No Sets” objective, as @jadedbacon suggests. Is it No Sets plain and simple, or does equipping two different Set items count towards the objective? Haven’t got that one yet, wonder if anyone can confirm that. I guess I do have the Blueprints if needed, as I, too, have scrapped everything save Save equipment.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow
    Because that’s how they decided to write that. For what reason, I don’t know. But maybe it’s because they thought that most people would not be able to get that objective done in 1 battle (which is possible btw) and thus they wanted to let people know that they can take more than 1 battle. It’s not obvious right from the start if they hadn’t wrote that part and many would have panicked thinking that they would have to do that in 1 battle. I guess that can be one of the reasons.

Btw, I just realised. Is your username a reference to Bleach? Specifically that Espada?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer Wait, now I am confused.

You mean that even though the objective clearly states that you need to be in 3 fights you can actually finish it in just 1 fight anyway? If that is correct then the description is not confusing, it is just plain wrong O_o

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless @jadedbacon If you equip ANY kind of set item, it doesn’t count; no matter if you count “set” as a single or a pair of items. You HAVE to use items that are not represented by Golden Rainbow Stars and that’s it.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny
    Yes, for whatever reason it works. If you can KO 3 birds in 1 turn throughout the course of the battle 3 times, you can still get it. Maybe it’s a bug, I don’t know as I got that to work on my 2nd profile where I got this objective today again (mostly because I was curious and wanted to see what would happen if I was able to pull that off). Although, then the battle took me nearly 25 minutes for everything to work properly. You really have to have a good setup for everything to work as planned but it is possible in 1 battle. I think it’s a bug.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer OK, thanks for letting me know :-)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny No problem. Always glad to help a fellow flinger. It’s funny to see how one objective caused so much discussion in the course of 1 day. People really were worried about this one its seems (and that support skill one).

Jim151
    @jim151

I posted a screenshot as well of the objective and honestly I am not sure why this is so confusing for so many people. To me, it seemed straightforward. Is this really that confusing?

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but the screenshot description is unclear, and could have been phrased better to reflect what the objective really was. but you explanation made it a lot more unclear, and I quote:

You can make that how many fights as you want but whenever you get a turn (ie when the opponent has done attacking you), you have to knock out 3 birds.

emphasis mine. You explanation indicated it must be on every turn, or at best, every turn the enemy had three birds standing, which would not be impossible, but very difficult. Then later, you muddied it up even more with this self contradictory statement:

You can take as many turns as you want but whenever you get your turn, you have to knock all 3 birds.

If the objective is, as you seem to indicate, is to knock out three birds in one turn three times (with the assumption that the battle must be won for the objective to count), then it could be better phrased.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@datguygamer Hmmm, that’s a shame (Regarding the “No Set Items” objective) and I agree with @graugeist that it doesn’t make any sense from a business sense to have an objective like that. It’s not going to push people to upgrade any other sets and it in fact punishes people who have spent money on sets because those sets are now (temporarily) useless.

Still glad I have a full stock of 3 Star equipment :D Also kept all the 0 star equipment as well, moreso so I could see just how big of a difference there is between the lowest and the highest point in gear for max level.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jim151 If you’re a regular Epic arena player, why would you even consider that you have to knock out 3 birds in every turn? I didn’t mention that since it seemed somewhat obvious to me that players cannot just knock opponents as they at least need time re-spawn. Sorry if it confused you but that’s why I didn’t mention in detail. I hope that it’s all clear now.

Jim151
    @jim151

No worries. I have been an arena player since day one, and thus I know that knocking out three birds every turn is impossible. Your use of the phrase ‘Whnever it is your turn, you must knock out three birds” confused me as to what the real objective was.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer, @angryjohnny

How can you say that we can make the objective in one fight ?
    You sayed that you need to make 20 fight to success.
    Did you really succeed in 1 fight or is it just a supposition ?

I am a fan of Bleach and particularly of Sexta Espada : GrimmJow JaggerJack :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jim151 So now it’s clear to you? I hope so.

@jadedbacon
    I feel like this new batch of objectives is gonna bite us back. i am seriously dreading a day where they are like:

1. Win arena battles with a non enchanted set item
    2. Win arena battles with <insert league here> equipment
    3. Win arena battles with only 1 bird but don’t use Underdog (shudders).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow
    Because I said that to @angryjohnny in a reply above. Here, I’ll copy & paste the stuff.

Yes, for whatever reason it works. If you can KO 3 birds in 1 turn throughout the course of the battle 3 times, you can still get it. Maybe it’s a bug, I don’t know as I got that to work on my 2nd profile where I got this objective today again (mostly because I was curious and wanted to see what would happen if I was able to pull that off). Although, then the battle took me nearly 25 minutes for everything to work properly. You really have to have a good setup for everything to work as planned but it is possible in 1 battle. I think it’s a bug.

Glad to know that. I love Bleach too.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

If they’re going to be making the objectives harder and harder they need to compensate in some way or else risk losing players. It’d be nicer if instead of an objective, it was more of a rule. You’d turn on “Play without Set items” and your birds would be stripped of any set items they had and given the highest non set items you have (the bird would be unusable if you didn’t have a weapon/offhand non set item) and you only fought opponents that also recently fought with that rule turned on (or computer generated if none were found).

I understand that the objectives are supposed to take us out of our comfort zone and sometimes push us to the limit (and actually i like the challenge), but tacking that on with all of the other RNG factors + the only lose 3 times makes for times where you just McCool dodge until you get an easy opponent, which defeats the purpose of “pushing us to the limit” anyways. Guess what I’m saying is “I like the idea, but the implementation needs work”

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.