New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 198 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade We all know that Red is male. EVERYTHING points towards that. But the joke is that Rovio, the company that hired a team of developers “Chimera” for Epic probably never told them that Red is male. :P

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Take a look at what I got today: Win 5 arena battles without Set items. Like what? :P

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Win without Set Items?

@roviohuzz
    , @roviobeni – No Set Items is ridiculous, and defeats the entire point of the game of collecting Set Items in the first place…

The point of Objectives should be to force players to collect and use the highest-end items attainable in the game:
    – Event-only Classes.
    – 275 LC classes.
    – *Complete* Sets on ALL Birds & Banner.

Not half-baked / newbie stuff.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist I think it’s at least manageable with the 3 star Flags and Tops for at least 5 battles and that’s it. I can go back to my set later. But to me, this objective is just silly. Not frustrating but silly. :P

Pointless
    @pointless

Really? I thought of that yesterday and hoped it wouldn’t happen…using a particular set, I can see…maybe, but it separates the haves and have nots even more.
    With the level of competition out there, that is a tough assignment. And I’ll echo Grey Ghost: How does this benefit the game in terms of Rovio? Are we supposed to Enchant crap items to help with this?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless as far as I can tell Mana does not counter Reset. It never has for me.

@daalvaal
    players in your league do not have the same objectives as you.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer

Hi,

How did you make a success of the objective “Win 3 arena battles and knock out 3 birds per turn” ?
    – In a single fight and by putting 3 birds KO in 1 tour 3 times
    – In 3 fights and by putting 3 birds KO in 1 tour 1 time by fight

Does the objective “Win 5 arena battles without Set Items” include the banner ? Our birds and our banner do not have to have any legendary set ?
    How many points is worth this objective ? If it does not cost 3k, I think that it is not necessary to linger above.

Thanks

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless I think it’s more like changing them till we get a weak opponent. I did that and won. All battles with opponents were below power 800. Not to mention, I think normal items are not that big of a problem to enchant since they don’t require shards. I did enchant my Gold League Flag to help me with this objective and it saved my butt. I do have lots of materials and snouts so that’s not an issue for me.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

This “Win without set items” objective is interesting – it tells people to rely on actual battle skill instead of Valiant or TJ proccing. I like it, Rovio should keep it in.

pizzaferret
    @pizzaferret

The new arena objective, “no support skills”… Chuck’s rage ability counts as a support ability. Set items like save me and Phoenix do not count. Resurrection emblem doesn’t count. I mention some of these cause I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t getting the objective done. Blue’s rage ability for sure doesnt count.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow
    I used Archmage, Spies and Berserker. Used Spies and Archmage to reduce the opponent’s health as low as possible and then used Rage Chili on Bomb (I have the Golden Chili) to kill all three birds in 1 try. It took me 20 battles to complete that objective as when I got opponents with Resurrection, they disrupted my strategy by respawning immediately. So when I saw my Bomb’s rage ability fail, I completed the battle normal, got the wheel points and then tried again. Eventually I got the objective.

As for the other one, this objective is worth 1500 points and you cannot use any set items whatsoever and that includes the banner. You have to have your banner and bird gear equipped with normal items.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer

Thank you, but it does not answer my question.
    I exactly know how to kill 3 birds in an attack.
    My question is to know if this new objective is to be necessarily made in 1 fight (thus 9 birds to put KO in 3 x 3) or can we make that on 3 fights (3 birds in one turn per fight) ?
    What is the exact action asked by this objective ?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow

You can make that how many fights as you want but whenever you get a turn (ie when the opponent has done attacking you), you have to knock out 3 birds. You can knock out 3 birds in 1 turn per fight which will take a total of 3 fights (or 20 fights in my case) or you can knock 9 birds in 3 turns in 1 fight if you have the proper setup. That’s it, you can do it either way you want to.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Great I have scrapped all my non set items.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley And that is why I keep all of them. ;)

Jim151
    @jim151

You can make that how many fights as you want but whenever you get a turn (ie when the opponent has done attacking you), you have to knock out 3 birds.

But how is that possible? Knock out three birds on turn one, how do you knock out three birds on turn two when they are already knocked out?

Or should the objective be more properly phrased “Knock out 3 birds in one turn, 3 times”? Because “Knock out three birds every turn” is literally impossible.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jim151 Seriously dude, I have said this like 3 times already! You cannot knock birds every turn and that’s universally known to Epic players. You are apparently misunderstanding this. The “turns” that the objective mentions are not consecutive. You can take as many turns as you want but whenever you get your turn, you have to knock all 3 birds. If you don’t, try again next turn on your enemy until either banner falls. That’s it. However, obviously it won’t work if one (or two or whatever) of your opponent’s birds have been knocked out.

Why would you even think that you have to knock the birds again in turn 2 when they are already knocked out from turn 1? It’s obvious that you have to KO them once again after all of your opponents revive which takes a minimum of 2 turns for Valiant users if it procs. The turns required are not consecutive, understand that.

Jim151
    @jim151

You can take as many turns as you want but whenever you get your turn, you have to knock all 3 birds.

What does this mean? “Whenever you get your turn”? Is turn 2, when all the birds are knocked out, “getting my turn”?

I think I get what you are saying, but you are phrasing it very poorly.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jim151 Perhaps my wording is off but there is also a possibility that you are thinking this from the wrong angle. You are over-complicating this for no reason.

But going by what you said, when all birds are knocked out and you get your turn that is not “getting your turn” per the objective, since all of your opponents are down and you cannot do anything other than hit the banner. Clear or not?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

The new objective means that when you get your turn to attack, all 3 of the enemy birds need to be alive and you have to take them all out before your turn is over to get the objective.

The difference between the new objective and the old is that you didn’t have a whole turn to take the enemy birds out (you can use all your birds to attack them in the new objective), instead you had to take out the 3 enemy birds AT THE SAME TIME with just ONE attack.

Make note that you can still weaken the enemy birds before hand in both objectives.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny I was seriously starting to feel a little bit burned out explaining the same thing so many times. Perhaps people will get confused less after this. Thank.

But then again, that’s exactly how I easily cleared that objective. Defeating all 3 birds in 1 attack from Bomb’s Rage Chili after some attacks. So this is one of those situations where the same medicine works for two ailments.

Jim151
    @jim151

The new objective means that when you get your turn to attack, all 3 of the enemy birds need to be alive and you have to take them all out before your turn is over to get the objective.

So, in other words, what I said above is exactly correct:

Or should the objective be more properly phrased “Knock out 3 birds in one turn, 3 times”? Because “Knock out three birds every turn” is literally impossible.

datguygamer could have simply stated yes to that, rather than giving a weird and poorly phrased explanation. You have to do it every turn but not consecutive? Every turn DOES mean consecutive. How could it not? It literally means Turn one, turn, two, turn three…however many turns you get. That is obviously impossible, and not what they meant, but it IS what they said.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@angryjohnny, @datguygamer, @jim151,

We understood the difference in term of attack :
    Old objective : all the enemies KO in an attack
    New objective : all the enemies KO in 1 tour

We know that so that an action of objective is validated, we have to win necessarily.
    Indeed, with the old objective, put 3 birds KO with an attack and to lose the fight did not make progress the counter.

What raises us problem is the combination of 2 conditions in same objectives :
    Win 3 fights AND put 3 birds KO PER tour.

Who makes the counter rise ?

If we put in the same fight (by prolonging it), 3 birds KO in 1 tour 3 times, of how much progresses the counter ? 1 or 3 ?

I suppose 1. The double condition is cumulative.
    Consequently this objective is to be realized in 3 fights, by putting at first KO all the birds in a tour, then a banner. If birds return to the life meanwhile, it doesn’t matter. And to kill them second time in 1 tour will bring nothing more, because we can anyway win that a fight at the same time.

It is about the description which is bad. He should have written “Win 3 fights by having putting 3 birds KO in a tour“.

Am I right?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

What raises us problem is the combination of 2 conditions in same objectives :
    Win 3 fights AND put 3 birds KO PER tour.

Who makes the counter rise ?

If you get both objectives and knock out all birds in 1 attack and in 1 turn both objectives get a point.

If we put in the same fight (by prolonging it), 3 birds KO in 1 tour 3 times, of how much progresses the counter ? 1 or 3 ?

You will get 3 points for that objective by doing that so yes, you can finish the new objective in 1 fight.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow I answer them one by one but I think that first of all, you should classify them as turns and not tours as they will confuse people further. Anyways,

1. Win 3 fights AND put 3 birds KO PER tour. Who makes the counter rise ?

The counter is risen when you KO 3 opponent birds in 1 turn i.e say you get a chance to attack the opponent team after you entered a battle. So that means you get 3 chances to KO your opponent from your 3 birds (1 bird = 1 chance). Now, after those 3 chances, if all of the opponent team is knocked out, the counter goes up. If not, then counter stays same.

2. If we put in the same fight (by prolonging it), 3 birds KO in 1 tour 3 times, of how much progresses the counter ? 1 or 3 ?

The answer is 3. Then you complete the objective in one single battle. See, the objective is very poorly worded which I guess is the reason is why most people got confused. You just need to knock out 3 of your opponent birds in those 3 chances that I mentioned above. If you are strategic enough to do that 3 times in a single battle, then you have completed the objective without much hassle! If you do not want to prolong it, then do that objective in other battles like I did. Whichever suits your fancy.

Anything more I can help you with? To be honest, I posted a screenshot as well of the objective and honestly I am not sure why this is so confusing for so many people. To me, it seemed straightforward. Is this really that confusing?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.