New update… now cannot open

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)
  • Replies
  • Joel
    @joel687

@acecarnage
    I played Angry Birds Go for a month. In that time, I finished every race, unlocked every one of the highest level carts, and fully upgraded all of them. Since then, I have totally stopped playing. Nothing ever changes, and there is nothing to look forward to.

Sorry, but I am glad that the game never ends. I feel like I achieved a goal every time I get a new bot in the challenges. This game would lose my interest if it stopped changing.

julrey
    @julrey

Finally got back in. Taken to a new weekly challenge we no acknowledgement that there was any previous problem. Deleted every single Rovio game I had on my phone as a result. Bye y’all, good luck sticking with your idle threats in the future

Joel
    @joel687

@elektric – I had the same thought as you. If Rovio started a new event and also extended the token exchange, that has to be an issue. I doubt the system can handle two events at the same time. It might explain why the regular game works and the event crashes.

We will find out if the theory is right when the token exchange ends…

Anyone remember how long they said they were extending the token exchange from Chinese New Year?

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@joel687 Rovio/Exient did not extend the token exchange, so problem was entirely a different matter.
    From their fb page:
    “In addition, we will ensure that players have an additional opportunity to acquire the prizes from the Token Exchange that is currently inaccessible to those locked out of the game. We will provide an update with details about this early next week”

There was a previous occasion when they had problems and they reopened token exchange for a couple of days at a later date.

Joel
    @joel687

Now that I found the post, I realize they never said they were extending the token exchange. They said there would be another chance that they would announce early next week. That pretty much shoots down my theory. I am guessing they will repeat the event again, starting 2/6(2/7)

Just in case, though, have any android users tried the event since day 2 started 15 minutes ago?

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

This is the exact same issue that I’m having. Everytime I open the game and select the event, the first time gets me a 100 coin prize. The second time, it gets me 999 of nothing and freezes, forcing me to force close the game (on Android).

CD
    @bartiedog

Android user here, still cannot play the competition. Regular game plays ok.

Joel
    @joel687

It is interesting… I never updated. I’m still running 1.23.3.9, but my game has tried to do a soft update three times today. It really wants to update…

Txbelle
    @txbelle01

HELP!!!! I still cannot open TF,can anyone play? When are they going to fix it? It won’t even open so I cannot get in!!

Joel
    @joel687

@txbelle01 – Am I right that you are on an Apple device? If so, we are guessing that the update for 1.24.10 should be available Monday

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I updated after I backed up my iPad on my computer. Regular events worked fine for a while then later in the day the game crashed anyone I tied to open. I never even tried an even node.

The Carnage
    @acecarnage

Well Joel, being the hamster that you are, getting thrown of the endlessly spinning wheel and bumping your head would cause you to lose memory and then think that you are actually achieving something, when in reality, you still on the same spinning wheel that is stationary. It’s hoping nowehere!

Your reply is laughable…..haha

ED209
    @ed209

@joel687, I have tried the even on my sons tablet and it still crashes to home screen with no new updates to the game

Swing
    @swing

Well, lately I’ve been thinking about dropping the game, so if when the iOS fix comes I loose my progress (or part of it), I will simply delete the app. The only thing that bothers me is that Rovio/Exient’s incompetence and stupidity would have forced my hand.

Swing
    @swing

I wonder what sort of changes they made to the game to brake it, knowing Rovio/Exient I’m sure nothing good (for players). Hopefully they are using this time to release a real fix instead of the haphazard garbage they released for android.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@swing, are you kidding? It’s Sunday! No matter what grave the situation may look to us gamers, no force in the universe may compel Rovio/Exient programmers to go to the office at weekends, even if it’s about cleaning their own mess.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

As long as people throw money at them for whatever bundle they can think up, they have no incentive to fix the real problems.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@werehamsta Very true. A Rovio employee told me they work only about 3 or 4 days a week. I know their work week ends on Thursday.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Then it’s a miracle we got 1.24.10 before the weekend at all.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

Unless you have IOS, and it still crashes when trying to open the game.

StuW
    @stuw

Has there been any progress on a fix yet? doesn’t appear so, but then not seen any comms come out…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@stuw A new version is there and we are all playing the Valentine’s event. The new version fixes the crashes.

StuW
    @stuw

datguygamer – Mine still shows the Chinese New Year event, although I can see that there’s a new Valentine’s one…
    I’m on 1.24.10.2 – is there a later version?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@stuw You are on the latest version but if you are still seeing the Chinese event, you should backup your data and then reinstall the game.

ED209
    @ed209

@stuw, what device are you playing on? Android is on version 1.24.10.3 (updated today when loading the game) and IOS is on 1.24.10.4 which also updated during the game loading today

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.