New update… now cannot open

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 185 total)
  • Replies
  • Lewie4
    @lewie4

@optimuspig We are aware of an issue for some users who have recently updated their app and are working hard to address it as soon as possible.

Jeremy Bartz
    @jeremy-bartz

iOS 10.2 here as well. I was able to play 4 levels after the update then closed it and when I came back no go.

I was really close to having enough tokens to get the new transformer as well. ☹️

julrey
    @julrey

This has stretched on for enough hours that I imagine they’ll have little choice but to extend the tournament for another day to make it up to all those affected. If they don’t and I end up losing out on a surefire bot over their incompetence then I’m deleting this game for good (not an idle threat, I’ve never publicly threatened to quit playing over any prior issues, but at some point you just get into “last straw” territory)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@joel687

I’m on iOS 9.3.5

nykki
    @diamond72

I just did the update about five minutes ago and yes, my game will not open at all. Luckily I had just finished a latest upgrade. Will see what it looks like in a couple of hours when I come back on my lunch hour.

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

CRASHING-TIME!!!!
    System IOS 10.12.3
    After the update the game give me 500 tokens because i’m second. I thought hummm the event is still going on but you can’t do anything then click on the green V. After that the game said extra bonus 999. After that it was crashing time in ABT City. Restart my iPhone but that didn’t work either. Now i’m sitting here and hoping that ROVIO is putting the other version back. But i don’t think so. Another day in the zoo then.

Ultramaxprime
    @cheeto

Same bug here I’m on a iPad the game opened then crashed and now won’t open at all,
    Did they change the coins with stars on them for coins with square hole in them?

Meh
    @mehh

iOS 10.2 here

Before it crashed the update had the new character in the barracks, tried to reward for the current New Years event and start a new event. It froze as I tried to collect the reward and won’t start up again

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

So far everybody who specified their OS in this thread seem to be on iOS. Have Android systems been affected as well?

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@werehamsta I’m affected by this bug and I’m on android

CD
    @bartiedog

Android users have the same bug.

Joel
    @joel687

1st and 2nd in my leaderboard haven’t moved yet today. I’m figuring they updated. I am slowly pecking away at their lead without slending any gems

ED209
    @ed209

Mine was working fine and then suddenly stopped loading.

Another update that breaks the game and on the last day of the event. I bet they don’t even do anything to try and make up for yet another cockup by Rovio.

Why can’t they do a update without repeatedly breaking the game, do they not learn or even test before releasing a update

Rant over lol

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

I’m happy that i’ve cashed in my tokens this morning. I could have made another 1000 today or more but i got smokescreen.
    Question: did somebody already did uninstall the game and then put it back with the FB back up and so yes did that work or not?

ED209
    @ed209

@zhianjo that works for people using Facebook. I don’t use Facebook and have no way of backing the game up so I’m stuck waiting for a fix to be released as the only backup method they support if FB

Ultramaxprime
    @cheeto

It’s still crashing, I had 5040 star tokens and hadn’t cashed out hem in yet, why should I cash them I I wait till the end of the event but no, this better not mean all my tokens are gone.

ED209
    @ed209

@cheeto, your tokens should be fine, mine was when I got back in but now it refuses to load I cant spend mine.

I had already spent them on the TF and saving for the sparks.

if it takes more than 24 hours for a fix then you will miss the window to spend your tokens unless rovio change this due to the update breaking the game as after each event ends (midnight tonight for me) you get one more day to spend tokens

ED209
    @ed209

@lewie4

Do these updates get tested before release? I have this issue every time there is a major update like today and its been happening for awhile now.

I shouldn’t have updated the game but I got excited for the new update and TF I forgot about these issues and before I knew it the game was broken.

also is it possible to allow another way to backup the game? (like Icloud) I don’t use FB and I cannot backup my game any other way. I could fix this by re installing the game but with no backup I would loose everything!

Txbelle
    @txbelle01

I cannot open Transformers either

nykki
    @diamond72

Hours later and still cannot open the game. I had already got Smokescreen so that’s good, but now I cannot finish the daily rewards to get more sparks. Plus I also had about 700 tokens still. I am hooked to Facebook so I was gonna delete and reinstall to bring the size of game down. That parts sucks about IPad, that when you updates anything the previous version isn’t erased. So now the game is like 1.5gb in size

ABTonAndroid5guy
    @abtonandroidguy

New ABT v4.4 (1.24.9.1) crashes on startup 100% of time on my Android 6.0.1

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’d be surprised if a Facebook or other backup would solve the problem. That would only be useful for backing up user data, but not for rolling back the software.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

8.5 hours ago I posted that if you uninstall and reinstall using your facebook backup the game works.
    I have also received a soft update to 1.24.9.1 when I awoke a short time ago.

For those that have facebook backup I would suggest doing the reinstall

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is pretty insulting. I can’t open the app, but I’m still getting all of those annoying notifications missions ending and upgrades finishing.

CD
    @bartiedog

Maybe they have killed this game and this is their way of informing us…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.