New update… now cannot open

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

• Hi to all, my game updated from Play store, opened it up, it looked as though a daily comp was about to start but my 3500 tokens were still there, crash time.. now can not open game at all

@lewie4
    we got serious problems!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 185 total)
  • Replies
  • CD
    @bartiedog

Same issue here only it updated itself last night. I was surprised yesterday the Chinese new year challenge was still on, I thought it was supposed to end at 6pm central yesterday. I sure hope we don’t lose our tokens from that game since we didn’t have an opportunity to cash them in.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

yep i was running 5th or 6th at the time and not spent any gems and with a good chance of securing a top 3 finish. at 2nd or 3rd I would have been on 4200 tokens in 12 hours time giving me only 400 gems to spend to get the TF.
    Hopefully @lewie4 and his/her mates can get a new update out by time I get out of bed in 9 hours time!!!!

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Got the update. Finally Explosive Rounds have been fixed. Also, just tried the upcoming Stella as Chromia as a buddy. Just like Arcee, she shoots plazma bubbles, except Chromia’s bubbles also force blocks to fly away from the point of impact.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@mighty-red-1 at least your update works :P

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@droversdog It doesn’t anymore – the game started crashing for me too after closing the game. Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon. Someone already posted about this issue in the game’s official Facebook page.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@mighty-red-1 if the person who posted it is a grey haired person holding a miniature rose in a shot glass then that would be me

Joel
    @joel687

So, from what I am hearing, it is a bad idea to update before today’s competition is over. Thanks for the warning.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@joel687 I was lulled into a false sense of security with over a years worth of updates and no problems so blindly updated… should have known better

Googs
    @ncaddy

My game now doesn’t work as well. @lewie4 can you provide some information regarding this when you can please.

Lewie4
    @lewie4

Hey guys. I’ll pass this onto the dev team and we’ll work to get this fixed ASAP.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Just PM’d the game’s Facebook page and they said they’re working on the issue.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I haven’t gotten the update yet. After reading here, I’ve disabled automatic updates. Middle of a comp is a really ridiculous time for a hard update.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I’ve never known a firm and it’s app mess up so much, they ignore bugs from us and everything else.
    Who know’s the last time this app updated and it worked right off bat as I can’t remember.

Like everybody else my game crashes before it opens

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@mighty-red-1 @lewie4 I uninstalled and reinstalled game and appears to be working ok.
    I still kept gems etc , however, started on leaderboard for today at 20th position however also have to reply from scratch so will get 550 token plus wherever i finish hopefully … unless it crashes once more

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well, that’s just prime.

ED209
    @ed209

I updated with no issues but hen found my leader rank reset and started in 20th when before the update I was near the top!!!

No chance of coming first now

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@Lewie4

My issues are many, where shall I start.

After the update, I could still open the game, so far so good.

However the first bad sign was that when I went into the Special Event panel, it showed that I had a full set of recharges, AND my points score in the Challenge was reset to zero.

After my first special event run post-upgrade, my points score only reflects that single run, and not the accumulated points score from the ten runs I’d already completed on this event day.

To add insult to injury, I’m still on the same Competition leaderboard as before, so now I’m in 19th place instead of 8th.

After shutting down the app and trying to open it up again, I now have the same issue as everyone else here – the app just won’t open.

Well done, Rovio/Exient. Well done, indeed.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Also got to wonder:

Why did it take so long for the update to be released? We now have the Chinese New Year titles screen, and it’s already seven days into the special event, and almost a week after the actual Chinese New Year!

And if it took so long to release, you’d think the extra time would have been spent on important things, like you know, testing.

ph
    @ph

I’m with @millforce2k. Immediately disabled auto-update after I started reading this post.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I really should know better by now.

This isn’t the first time this sort of thing has happened.

@lewie4
    even if you don’t have a fix, it would be appreciated if you could provide us with an update before you guys book off for the day.

Thanks.

Harpo_Bird
    @evan-greenberger

Same issue here. We’d better be compensated in-game for the event progress we’re all losing with this BS.

Nsu
    @nsar

I had the same thing happen. To add insult to injury I keep getting notifications to play ?. If only I could……

Joel
    @joel687

What system is everyone using? They put a post onthe FB page that they are aware of a problem with android users crashing. Is anyone using ios 10? (Wondering if it is safe to update tonight after I cash out on my tokens)

sheepybach
    @paul13

Best thing they can do is roll back the the other version and work on and test the update before pushing it out again.
    I know this has been said time and time again and nobody listens but there are a lot on the forum that would beta test any update.

Asen_77
    @asen

I am using iOS 10.2.1, but I will not update before tonight tokens and to spend them for smokescreen bird. I will let you know when I finish all tokens ;).

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.