New Update, new horrors

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update, new horrors

• I see we got another generically-rendered level update and bird tier “Master Diamond” this morning.

Played my first Arena round- opposing player named “Red #45401” scored 4,000,000 off his first bird, which was a Matilda.

I went in with 5 spells to his one magical duck, my flock level is 182 and his was 161 and still got wasted on final score of 10,452,084 to his 18,791,220.

I also noticed that my spell levels are all down to 1. That’s probably why I lost.

Avoid Arena until further notice. Oh better yet, just avoid this game unless you like getting screwed around.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Screamer-ingame
    @simon-mosegaard

I haven’t touched the arena in months – the best decision ever…

Anonymous

Finished new levels, upgraded to level 35 birds (card level 22 + slingshot level 10 + hat level 3 = level 35)…. arena is still messy due to level 1 spell bug (but I guess we have had no client update so that was to be expected) plus whatever else is causing Arena issues…..so no different to the past 4 weeks other than a new card level really…

@angryplayer
    now you have the level 1 spell bug I would suggest you avoid 5 spells but rather change to just 2 or 3 spells. For the spells I suggest eagle, chili and blizzard. With the eagle, when you use it, chuck another bird straight away to hit the structure, as that will get you the bird level rather than the spell level…I would avoid using spells straight away and try to save them towards the end of each of your arena rounds (as much as possible, as it is nearly impossible to fill the meter off a level 1 spell)….there are a few other little quirks with the level 1 spell bug, but for now try what I suggest above and see how you go.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Great, what’s worse than crashing immediately during levels and Arena battles? I’ll tell you- crashing as soon as you open the game :(

Please SOS Rovio!

cognitive
    @cognitive

Use all spells as single bird spare pickups, not for strategic purposes. I’m still able to do 10-12M points, sometimes 14-15M, with flock 193. I haven’t tried Chucky’s suggestion with the ME, it sounds very interesting!

I’m still amazed with the level of manipulation – streaks 1-2 opponent’s flock strength is good, no spells, but no miracle 4M birds either. I frequently see players not even able to put up 5M points on the board, makes me wonder why they bother.

Then at streaks 5-7, 1-2 spells, 20+ less flock strength, and the land of the 3-4M birds

Arena winning required easily 2K points a while back, now 1K point is more like it. It’s more ‘competitive’ but very contrived.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

There are levels in arena you can just get stuck!!! Using 4+ birds is not an uncommon thing anymore. You get 1 of those nasty room early and you are essentially done. That may explain the 5M at the end. I suspect not everyone wants to throw in Infinite amount of gems either.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

I thought @bankler @hank @whoever_the_stand-in_is_this_week said that this spell level=1 bug would be “fixed on the next update.”

It’s obviously not.

kelshe
    @kelshe

He said the next “Client” update whenever that is. He also said that the gems would return to the 15 minute chest in December but not when in December.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

Thanks, @chucky-2 generally this works and is a good idea.

I find however now that 50% of the time AB2 gives me all my spells right off the bat :-/

cognitive
    @cognitive

50% ??? I’m at 100% :)

In a previous thread I wrote that the 1 spell bug was a bit too convenient for Rovio. I wonder if this is why the chests keep giving spells at unprecedented amounts, now that spells are worthless…

I’m 2nd in my league with 950 points… Lolz. Most bouts are either:

– against a good player, both score > 12-13M
    – against a good player having a bad day, he scores 7-8M
    – against a clueless cheat, flock strength 190-195 that can’t put more than 3-4M points…

rounds 1-2 are generally the last type, then 3-4 and later are the first two. Flock strength 161 and a couple 1 spells and he still gets 15M? come on Rovio, we weren’t born yesterday.

That is where you see the miracle 3M per bird scores, too.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

And the ironic part is that the pre-recorded Arena games that you have to beat have retained scores which included spells with normal level scoring, making it almost impossible to garner a win against the “good players”. It’s like being forced to run a race with an anchor tied to your leg.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I have given up on trying to figure it out, Cognitive. My scores are all over the place. One round I struggle to score 5 million while my opponent scores 15 million, and the next round I will score 18 million and my opponent barely gets 4 million. I almost never bother with spells in the arena. Maybe to win the 6th round, then do a backup.

The backup trick saves the winning streak. That is how I can bank feathers. It takes me about ten minutes to go through the cycle, so 750 feathers every ten minutes. But I burn out and lose interest. I just do what it takes to stay out of the bottom three. Maybe some day the real fun will come back.

Tyler Harmon
    @tyler-harmon

This works well for me, another player above mentioned it. I use the spells as finishers. I strategically use my birds when I feel it’s likely I can strike a level. Also some boards I look at and I plan on using two birds then a spell. I suspect that the people were playing aren’t people. BECAUSE if I do bad with a bird, the score will be lower. I pretty much never try to strike the first stage as this will trigger their birds to score high. I keep my score a litte below theirs until over halfway through the levels. Then I start going for strikes and free birds and high scoring. This has resulted in me using a lot less diamonds, and watching a lot less videos. It’s still bull junk though because if im using 4 spells a level, no blizzards, then i shouldn’t ever have to use diamonds. So I suspect that’s why Rovio has this “bug” to begin with. To profit more off us. Seems like a lawsuit could be filed. Feels very unethical for them to come out with updates, but meanwhile no fix to the “bug” that makes them more money? Hmmmmmm

Putte
    @puttekula

Tyler.
    You really mean that its not real people behind the names at the matches…? Hey guys, this is some real news…..

Polinalkrimizie
    @polinalkrimizei

Think you are right. The game keeps crashing. Got +200 arena tickets because of the crashes. I cannot use them while THE game crashes over AND over again.?

Iggywings
    @iggywings

Chucky how did you managed to get to level 35 birds? I have the complete hat set but only at elder silver sling

Anonymous

Iggy you need to complete all hat sets and max out your card level/bird level.

Then you end up with a max (x3) hat, a max (x10) slingshot, and a max card level of (x22)…….(x3) + (x10) + (x22) = (x35)

Iggywings
    @iggywings

Chucky, I already completed all hat sets but only managed to get up to elderly silver sling x9. I don’t have any other hats to Complete anymore

Anonymous

Iggywings, can you go into the arena and tap any bird, and press the ‘i’ on every set for that bird (and see if it says SET COMPLETE). Because it really feels like you are missing 1 complete set…..as each set upgrades your slingshot and if you only have a elder silver you are missing a set! Take a screenshot of every set and post it if you like….

Bronze
    Silver
    Gold
    Azure
    Emerald
    Amethyst
    Diamond
    Elder bronze
    Elder silver
    Elder gold

….10 slingshots, and 10 sets of hats….you are either missing 1 hat to complete a set or you have a bugged game. The only way I can prove it one way or the other is to look at screenshots you post and see if it says SET COMPLETED under every set.

Iggywings
    @iggywings

Chucky I have checked all and it says complete. Probably I have a bugged game

Anonymous

Never heard of it happening to anyone else’s hats/slingshot, but if you feel that is the case, I suggest you submit a Rovio support ticket.

Putte
    @puttekula

I have the same bug.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update, new horrors

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.