New Update!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update!

• The holidays are here! Unwrap a big ol’ update featuring a new way to compete with the top players in the world.
    – Mighty Eagle’s Boot Camp: Compete for a top spot on the global leader board in an infinite level every day!
    – 2 NEW Chapters: Play 80 new levels in Porka Pica and the United Steaks of Hamerica.
    – NEW Viking Hat Set – available soon!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
  • SumoBro
    @sumobro

The Boot Camp feature seems solid, though it is a little early to make a definite judgement.  It’s a shame the shop doesn’t open until March.  Perhaps that’s when the first season ends.

They removed the special frames, because of the new ones from the Boot Camp.  I was given 500 gems for my gold frame.  500 gems is over $5, so I earned about half my investment back (it was in the upgrade pack for $10).

The Viking Hat set doesn’t appear to be out yet, but I hope it isn’t a legendary set.

bossywings
    @bossywings

They have taken away the 500 feathers at stage 5 for me. Now it´s 25 BPs. Grrr!!!

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello Flingers!

The new update will put you all to the test in Mighty Eagle’s Bootcamp! We’re all excited to see how you all will fare in this challenge! Best of luck to you!

As some of you might have noticed, there’s an issue with incorrect information shown in the leaderboard profiles. Not all card multipliers are not accounted for, hence showing a lower Flock Power than expected. We’re working on fixing this, but it might take a few days due to external processes. We hope to solve this as soon as possible!

Luckily it doesn’t affect any performance in the Bootcamp, so go show us what you’ve got!

The Arena Winning Streak rewards also changed back to Black Pearls, this was an unintended change. This can be fixed by us and should work as expected within an hour.

Happy flinging,
    Hank

Piggsy
    @piggsy

I don’t care about new update. Fix bugs and get rid of your greedy tricks first. Game still is crushing during DC and KPP, frames are so slowed down, so playing that mode eating several minutes. Oh and really, having almost 8k of gems i lost all of them barely reaching 35-40 floor. Every time. How am I suppose to get to 90 floor? I just want to achieve the last tower feat. Nothing more. I don’t care about Fancy hat either.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

300 gems for an extra chance… What?! Why don’t this and clan events cost tickets instead? I got plenty of them but I don’t have the time to play arena that much so the ammount keep going up. What about 10 tickets for another chance in the Bootcamp and 7 tickets in clan war?

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

For the tower take a few months to save up at least 32k gems or so, 35k even for a guaranteed 90 just to be safe, though I’ve done it with 25k. Get about 1/3 back so quicker to save up next time. Don’t spend more than you get back until you are ready to go for 90. Loving the update, so excited to find out what’s in the shop.

bossywings
    @bossywings

Yes!! The feathers is back!! So happy!!

Hecate
    @hecate

What´s the point of competing with cheaters at the boot camp?!? Sucks all the joy out of it :-((((

Please, fix that. Can´t be that difficult :-((((

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

And what are the requirements to have the honour to participate in that camp?

I can’t get in!

Mike
    @mikelandau

Is it just me, or have the free birds disappeared from the arena (improve your score, and after the free play)?

Mike
    @mikelandau

And in the training session, the first 35 places are all at FPS 266.  Hmmmm.

Neil G
    @neilg

I noticed that too. Obviously another ploy by Rovio to get people to buy gems.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I also lost the frame that I paid for, but the timer for the common chest has stayed the same. So not a big deal there. Something definitely up with the flock power. I can’t scroll down far enough to see how Rovio ranks me. When I try I am thrown into another round for 300 gems. That ain’t right.

Still, kind of interesting. Going to keep the focus on the clan for now. That is where we are a team. That is the most fun of the game yet, the clan battles.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I hate Rovio for taking my frame. I don’t care about 500 gems.

The bootcamp… I can’t tell if this is good, because the shop opens in march. Come on, really? What am I supposed to play this for? The points I earned are not even counted, so why the hell would I waste my time there?

Why are you announcing a new hat set and not make it available?

Sorry, but this update seems to be half baked and release under time pressure. There is nothing I consider a real improvement. The only thing I realized is that my arena opponents do not come in with spells anymore. This is very good. They have a much higher FP than I do, but at least I can now compensate that with spells.

All in all I am very disappointed.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

It seems that arena matchmaking has been fixed, because there is no opponents with 30+ FP in my games. What’s more, finally the DC and KPP runs smoothly so it’s playable again. I appreciate this, but I wonder how long that things would be ok. About bootcamp – 300 gems for another chance? Thanks, but no thanks. I played once and achieved nearly 30M points (55 star rank, 320 FP), where leader has 75 M points at the begginning. My score gave me 100 Mighty Eagle Points (or what is it called?) but at the end of bootcamp it downgrade to 37. Yeah, leader had full hat set of the newest “fancy” type hats. Seems legit.

@jo-ha

Your points are stocked in “Season rank” bookmark.

Chris Mahler
    @chris-mahler

<p style=”text-align: center;”>New update sounds fun….too bad I still can’t log in to play. Losing all my daily gems I paid for too.</p>

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@piggsy: thank you. Until this morning the points weren’t stocked there, but now I see ’em. I am pretty curious what we can buy with those points, since I will never be able to reach a high score…

Hecate
    @hecate

@piggsy

Same here accept that the leader had over 82mio in the end with a star rang of 26 (!!!) and of course he had all the fancy heads as well…

And paying 300 gems for another try would only make sense(tho,it´s still too expansive), when they add up the points but I guess cheaters would come out with  billions of points then…

Really hope the new hats are not legendary but I have a bad feeling about this.

Why not having hat sets  for 2000,3000 bp etc ?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

There’s another hypocrisy by Rovio. Even though they created a game mode that puts a focus on skill, we all know, that sometimes structures fall and sometimes they don’t even though there was no difference in the fling. So after all this game mode is not solely based on skill, but also on luck and our willingness to spend gems. If you screw up one bird, you are out. 300 Gems for what? I don’t know, because you give me no clue what to buy with those eagle coins (or whatever you call it) – and why the hell would you introduce a fourth (!) currency into the game mechanic?

Maybe it’s time to quit AB2 after all…

cognitive
    @cognitive

The clan battle is the best example ever of no luck in some aspects like bird order. In this sense it’s repeatable 100%. Yet my scores vary wildly say from 20M to 40M. Not only on me but on everyone in my clan.

The thing that kills it is that the number of points needed to get an extra bird should depend on level. A cheater with flock strength of 600 and all max hats pretty much can get bird for bird in any type of play which defeats the purpose.

Raizir
    @raizir

I’m going to predict that the Mighty Eagle Boot Camp Shop will probably have 3 types of items:

1. Items that cost an unnecessarily large amount of Mighty Coins.
    2. Items that cost an unnecessarily large amount of $$$.
    3. Items that cost an unnecessarily large amount of Gems.

Also: @cognitive, don’t worry about cheaters, players can report them to Rovio and Rovio will take care of them by banning them and wiping the progress tied to their account!

(Ok, I’m just going to be honest, the chances of the above always working are very slim)

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

I think the shop is going to be coin only, so we have 3 months to save up. I think there will be things you may want to save up 6 months for, possibly a set of hats you can only get through the shop? Maybe one day a shop specific spell or bird? I think it will be bonuses, gems and pearls they are selling, and feathers. You could buy bigger and bigger bundles of the disposables, maybe an ability to “double your score”, “triple your score”, etc. in the bootcamp, thus increasing coins. Reduced costs on other things maybe? Would be nice to have a list or hint as what’s in the shop, and prices. All just speculation at this point.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The thing is, we can’t prove that someone is a cheater. Rovio can.

I assume they log all games, etc. If they do, they can trace back earnings. Someone who spends 175,000 BP’s to buy a fancy hat set oughta have a history record of winning BP’s a mile long. Likewise for rubies.

What says you, Rovio ?

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

“Compete for a top spot on the global leader board…”

This has been really interesting – a worldwide AB2 player leaderboard, and a good way to see whose flocks appear suspicious! I do wonder just how many legitamate (non hacking / cheating type) players are in the top places there.

Certainly puts things into perspective. First ‘training’ session and I come out in position 11,546. I have no desire to spend 300 gems to give it another go, and for today’s try I scored a measily 20m or so… very low down the list.

Hecate
    @hecate

That´s true and despite not really knowing if someone is cheating, is it not our job to keep this game “cheat free”. Rovio knows, that this huge problem exist and should work on a solution. Like a programme, that scans  automatically every profile now and then and reports suspecious profiles or whatever.

Bet the Viking hats will be exclusive at the Eagle Shop for an absurd high amount of coins, which no REAL player can afford !!!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.