New Set Gear

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Set Gear

• Rovio is planning to create new set gear. Please give a comment reguarding what you want the items to be and the effects for each set item and complete set. Make sure not to make it too OP because their are already enough OP set items in the arena like Vallaint and Mana(if you are facing a venomous team). Also make sure, in your comment, to specify which bird/banner it is for. Also post nerfs for other set gear like maybe reduce vallaint to 50% or Ressurection to 20%.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

For the next set items for the Blues I’d love something that has a small chance to apply a negative effect to another random enemy. Like if Druid, Rogues, Priestess etc. attacks, there could be a 5% or 10% chance to randomly apply the effect to a second enemy. Could be very useful in battle and isn’t too OP in my opinion.
    Not sure about the looks of that set item – maybe a Jack-in-a-Box or something?

Maybe a new set item for Red: when an enemy in the arena or on the island is KO’d, it has a 10% chance of increasing the revival counter by 1. Great counter for Valiant, I could imagine.

Valiant definitely needs a nerf to make it less interesting. 50%, maybe even less, down to 33% or something.

I feel Time Jump is pretty rare – put it up from 10 to 15-20%.

Underdog needs to be heavily nerfed so it could actually be used and would motivate people to use two birds. Instead of 40%, 100% increased HP and damage would be cool.

Bomb’s new set needs to either be put up to 100% increased damage as described, or 50% at least because 30% is weak.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Well, people who have Skulkers won’t want that either. It will apply the effect espically on Venomous combos and the other thing is that Skulkers has a 100% chance to apply the effect. And about a counter set for Vallaint there is a reset set which resets the counter to 0. And Underdog is weak too, maybe “unnerf” the set to what it was a while ago: If one bird is KO’d all other birds get the effect until they are KO’d. Interesting how you were the first to respond to this topic as you have ZERO complete sets.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I think they should make all set items give 2000% damage to the banner and all birds. This would really be fair to everyone. On Wednesday it should be 3000% damage to the banner and all birds.

Pointless
    @pointless

Only if Thursday is Negative Day where damage inflicted heals instead. That would change the meta immensely.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

What if instead of boosting the HP of the two birds with Underdog, it doubles (or maybe increases by some fraction) the rate at which some beneficial effect procs? So for example, for three birds the TJ procs at a 15% rate, but for Underdog it procs at 30% (or 25%). And the rage chili fills twice as fast, and that doubling applies if you bring in Matilda with the Yin/Yang set. That might lead to some interesting dynamics and bird combinations.

Pointless
    @pointless

Perhaps if you bring Knight (not Elite) and Priestess into a battle without any Sets equipped, damage should be multiplied by turn. Also, Chrono and Resurrect should be combined so we all stand a fighting chance.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

And 2000% dammage is too much. That would make arena TOTALLY depend on the coin toss. Say you’re doing 1000 dammage with each attack, that would do a massive 21K damage and with one more +2000% dammage that would be enough to KO a banner without the opponent getting a turn. I specifically wrote in this thread that no OP sets should be there.

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

I try to create one according to the epic’s set item
    Maybe one set for bomb.
    There have a 30% chance all your enemies will receive the same damage when bomb is attacking a target
    I mean that if bomb attack one of his enemy,there will be a 30% chance that all his enemy will receive the same damage bomb made
    Too op or not?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

30% sounds fair, this set would increase Bomb’s AoE value ;)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45

Valiant definitely needs a nerf to make it less interesting. 50%, maybe even less, down to 33% or something.

Underdog needs to be heavily nerfed so it could actually be used and would motivate people to use two birds. Instead of 40%, 100% increased HP and damage would be cool.

1. If they do that with valiant then it won’t just be a matter of being less interesting, it would make it obsolete. Then people would switch over to Angry Set as that’s the next best set. Then people would start complaining about how powerful people with Angry Sets are.

2. The way you’re suggesting it, that is a buff, not a nerf. Nerfing means to reduce the effectiveness of something. If you increase from 40% to 100% that would be a buff to Underdog instead of a nerf.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    A nerf to 50% really wouldn’t make it obsolete. And I have the Angry set myself and I really don’t find that much of a big value with it. Fact is, a 66% chance to be revived 1 turn faster is too much IMO.

Ok, sorry. There’s a few words I hear for the first time here and one of them is ‘nerf’. English isn’t my first language. XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45
    It’s 65% not 66%. Even though it sounds too much, in reality that is the AI thing. I use Valiant always but it now doesn’t go off even though the chance seems okay. On the other hand, when I encounter teams with Chrono Crests or Resurrection, they almost always get processed and if at the same time, your Valiant decides to bail out, then you’re screwed as the opponent teams keep on slaughtering you when your birds just sit there charging and that has happened to me a lot these days. So the way it is now, it is okay.

It’s weird how you say that. Your English seems good to me and I am a Grammar Nazi.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I memorised “two thirds of a chance” which is 66.7%. 65% is close enough.

Huh? When enemies I encounter use Valiant it almost never fails on them… At least for the AI, I can’t confirm what you are describing.
    TJ almost never seems to work for the AI, however.
    Resurrection is fair so I wouldn’t change that.

Well I learn English since third grade and now I’m out of school… I still make mistakes though and I couldn’t speak like a native. XD Also I always find new words I never heard before. Languages are a continuous learning process.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 What I am trying to say is that chances work better for the AI so obviously Valiant works better for the AI and you want that to change, I understand that.
    HOWEVER, if you reduce the chance again, whatever chance we have to get 2 turns instead of 3 will also be decreased at the same time but the AI will STILL have a better chance than us. So a 65% chance in favor of the players is better than the 50% chance as in both cases the AI wins but at least we have a better chance at survival against other AI Valiants. Wouldn’t you like your Valiant to work as much as the AI one? If you reduce that percentage, your bet is reduced as the AI will still get its fair share but you won’t. The reason I am saying this is since they nerfed the Valiant, whenever I encounter other Valiants, the AI gains the chances much more than me as my birds still get 3 turns while the AI gets 2. When it was 100%, we at least got a fair ground against the AI as both teams got to get 2 turns but now, even at a decent rate, the AI gains. Reducing that will cripple the players even more. That’s the point I am trying to get across.

BirdkeeperCharlie
    @sifat-hossain

I think this will be good for blues.
    Hand item: Memory module: dispel
    Offhand: memoir: increase max health
    The module should look like a module (obvi) and the memoir a book.
    Set effect: 30 or more % chance a knocked out ally gets one last turn then gets knocked out. This could be called remember me!!!
    I think this will add some appeal to arena or multi waved caves.
    Feedback appreciated.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    In that case they should probably nerf the AI, then. But if the percentages really worked for players properly then 65& would be too high. 50% would be fair if it worked properly so people actually got a 1 in 2 chance.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 That’s the thing. The AI has more chances no matter what the percentage of chance is to begin with. Since the chance doesn’t work in favor of the players most of the time, let it be 65%. On paper it sounds overpowered but on the field, that 65% is nothing (same with Mana set) and I don’t think they will really change the AI as if they wanted to, they would have done so long ago.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Underdog simply needs to go back to working when you only have 1 or 2 Birds up, regardless of how many Birds you started with.

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

It will be a new set for blues-pink dice and same colour “shield”
    Dice have ability to change result of coin toss before fight (unknown percentage, probably about 30%).

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@abcdefg

Where do you see that Rovio is planning to create new set gear ?

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

Btw i’ve encountered this set allready so i’m not joking

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@orinocopl
    Do you have proof?
    The set you mentioned does not appear on the info page yet.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

I know that Rovio is planning to create new set gear because Rovio is creating one set every month, and I think Rovio is going to continue. And 46 isn’t a round number of set items, they are planning to go up to 50 or something I think. And also if Rovio is not planning to, this might give them the interest to in the next update. I’m just doing that in case Rovio wanted any new sets kind of like the “New Headgear” thread.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

One more thing @graugeist I said above at the beginning of this thread that Underdog should be “unnerfed” to what it was before. And also, I have never ever faced a team with 2 or 1 bird.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Set Gear

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.