New 'Like' Feature for Logged in Users

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum New 'Like' Feature for Logged in Users

• Profile photo of Bird Leader
    Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Hey all,

Just a quick heads up about a new feature we are slowly rolling out. You can now Like posts, including articles and walkthroughs. “Liking” a post doesn’t send it to Facebook or anything wacko like that, rather it simply saves it so you can quickly access it later.

Currently, the only place your liked posts will appear is in the sidebar under the “My Likes” tab (to the right of “Rank”). Soon your likes will also appear on your profile. We’ll also find some other creative ways to aggregate this info.

You can find the ‘Like’ option below the title on individual posts and walkthroughs (see image below for the location).

AngryBirdsNest Like Post Feature

If you decide later you no longer like a post or walkthrough, simply click the icon again to un-like it.

How to un-like a post

Note, Uncaged members, you will see more of your likes in the “My Likes” tab in the sidebar.

BL

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • This is a great new feature! I will be using this a lot, especially with daily challenges and other such levels that I might be working on.

While it may be a bit early to ask for more, I think the ability to like comments would be good too. It wouldn’t appear in the ‘my likes’ tab like walkthroughs, but it would tell the commenter that they’ve left a funny or constructive comment. This could even result in points for the commenter (2 per like or something). It would promote users who write good, helpful comments. Is this a good suggestion?

Again, thank you for the great new feature. This will be very useful in the future.

Profile photo of wrw01
    wrw01
    @wrw01

I really “like” this new feature…sorry I could not help myself

Profile photo of rost
    rost
    @rost

Interesting! This is something I will probably use a lot, because it will be easier than typing the same search term in the search box over and over.

Profile photo of SarahNE
    SarahNE
    @sarahnoenbridge

Liking the new ‘like’ feature………….!

Profile photo of Sonic36321
    Sonic36321
    @sonic36321

I like the idea of it too!

Profile photo of MVNLA2
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@BirdLeader — I just tried to like the AB SW II Complete Character Guide. When I did that, the heart icon at the top of the page said I had 3 likes, still does, although the heart is no longer colored red. However, when I click on “my likes” at top right, it says I don’t have any and opens gives me a link to this page.

Profile photo of MVNLA2
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — Do you know what is wrong with my “like” feature? See post above. Thanks!

Profile photo of MVNLA2
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@BirdLeader — Finally able to get a “like” to show up in “My Likes.” I now have two “likes” that show up on the list. However, when I open one, the number next to the red heart is 5, on the other it is 8. Isn’t that supposed to be the number of liked pages you have, and shouldn’t it be the same on both?

Profile photo of MVNLA2
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@BirdLeader — Oh yes, why can’t we like topics in the new forum?

Profile photo of AMslimfordy
    AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

The count you see is how many people have liked the post.

Profile photo of JunkenMetel
    JunkenMetel
    @junkenmetel

Just noticed the new Like feature…thanks for the link to this discussion. I Like it!

BTW, thanks for all the great improvements and wonderful responsiveness to member feedback and requests…I’ve always thought ABN was great, and it just keeps getting better!

Profile photo of karen68
    karen68
    @karen68

@Birdleader is it possible to “like” threads in the forum? Some of the topics are so active, they fill up the “recent replies” column very quickly. A few hours away from the Nest & it would be easy to miss something in any of the topics I like to follow.
    I realize I could click through to look at the topics, I guess I’m wondering if a lazy shortcut was possible. :)

Profile photo of AMslimfordy
    AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@karen68 At the bottom of the “top post”, you can either subscribe or favorite the thread. I’m not sure what the difference is, but I believe both methods will enable on-site notifications when a new reply has been made in such a thread.

Profile photo of karen68
    karen68
    @karen68

Thanks @AMslimfordy.. I tested it out on one of the very active forums, & I didn’t get a notification about a new post here in the number by my name. I did get an e-mail about it though.

Profile photo of Kelani
    Kelani
    @kelani

I have 5 walkthroughs ‘Liked’, and just tried to add another. The heart icon appeared, but it didn’t show up in the My Likes column. Unless something’s buggy, I assume this means caged users are capped at 5 topics?

If so, please consider adding a blurb saying so at the bottom of the list. Might save some future confusion.

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum New 'Like' Feature for Logged in Users

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.