new pirates event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum new pirates event

• null

After 9 days.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

It’s great that this event is back – we’ll be able to get the achievement for completing a pirate event.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

English version of the event: Screenshot_2015-04-20-12-22-15.png

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I wonder if they’ll add the Corsair job on this one. Seems like a normal pirate event to me. Corsair would befit such an event.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I have saved over hundred cans of stamina drink for it.

HarleyM
    @harleym

@mighty-red-1 This event is “back”? Could anyone enlighten me on how the first one worked?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@harleym The pirate event was the very first event in Angry Birds Epic history, and it worked like all the other events before the mini-campaign event.

Jake Dela Cruz
    @lordigiveyoumyheart

@mighty-red-1 How did it happen? Please enlighten us. Thanks in advance!

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@lordigiveyoumyheart What do you mean exactly?

mich
    @m-ich

@lordigiveyoumyheart Basically, the classic ABE events all work like this: All over the map, enemy groups appear randomly. These all belong to a certain type of pigs (pirates, in this case), and come in three different varieties: weak, medium and strong. You can choose which group you want to battle (if you can find it on the map – sometimes there simply are no groups of a certain stength). In order to actually start a battle, you pay with stamina points. You have a maximum of 15 stamina points, and you regenerate one point every 15 minutes. Battling a weak enemy group costs 3 points, medium 5 and strong 7 points. If you win, you may spin a wheel with rewards. These are mostly event medals (that are added to your event score) and stamina poitions (that you can drink for additional stamina). Of course, for strong opponents you can gain more medals than for weak, but obviously the battles are harder. Your event score (the medals you collected) determine your rank on the event leaderboard. Each rank on the leaderboard corresponds to a number between 0 and 3 stars. When the event is finished after a specified time, if you are in a rank with 1 or more stars, you may spin yet another wheel. The prizes on that wheel are mastery points for one bird or for all birds together, so they are quite valuable.

In short: If you played the Chinese New Year event, it’s kind of like that, only with pirate pigs instead of chinese pigs. If you played the Stone Guard event: It’s a lot less elaborate than that. Take the Stone Guard event, then forget about the mini-map, the collecting of resources, or the new class, and instead imagine a group of pirates in all the places on the main map that had a portal to the mini-map.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

As the pirates are immune to status, the following class are not good to fight.
    Guards, Samurai, Stone Guard
    Rainbird, Thunderbird
    Druid, Princess, Priest
    Cannoneer
    Rogues, Marksmen, Skulkers

Jake Dela Cruz
    @lordigiveyoumyheart

I understand now, @mighty-red-1. Thank you, @m-ich.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I like killing pirate pigs ;-) Specially Pirate King Pigs :-)

Hope they like getting a chilli* bomb (rock/paper set) followed by blue spies (balista set) and red paladin (dragon set) hammering their pirate pig butts.

I have the golden chilli and many burning veggie cakes so I can hit them hard every round.

laura118b
    @laura118b

I think Cannoneer still works, as long as you’re playing for the counter effect only.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Assuming all foes during this event has immunity, this is an ideal team for 3 waves or less:
    Wizard, Twin Lightning set
    Pirate, Scissors set
    Spies, Artillery set –OR– Cleric, Sweet set
    Pirate should keep his buff up at all times. Use the rage chili on Chuck for damaging 4 foes or less, or Bomb for damaging 5 foes or more. If facing a boss that doesn’t have immunity, give the chili to Blues to stun the boss. If healing is needed (especially for 5 waves), swap Blues out for Matilda.

@mingkee27
    Why not use Samurai? It does direct damage. Also, the pirates may come with other foes without immunity, so it’s not necessarily a bad idea to bring a class that has statuses, such as Rainbird for its healing.

@laura118b
    Since Cannoneer’s buff only makes the ally counter with 40% damage, this is better used for spreading a status than for its raw damage. If you need to spread a status, Skulkers does it better. And it also depends on the foes you face, if they all have immunity or not.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Samurai, Stone Guard, and Cannoneer will not get advantage from Marksmen because the pirates are immune to status, and possibly may have less damage than “one hit”.
    However, Spies with crossbow set can make a lot of damage if you’re 45/10 and your set is up to date. Same applied to Wizard with Lightning set.

laura118b
    @laura118b

Ah yes counter only gets you 40%, but…paired with Spies that reduction is only to the first hit, all collateral damage is still at 100%! That can add up to some impressive damage, especially if you cast Spies healing on blue to begin with.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@laura118b
    About counterattack, equip Wizard with Clock set (it does Hokus Pokus) and apply counterattack on Chuck. Same goes to Pigiana Jones in caves.
    Counterattack and recover good amount of HP.

Jim151
    @jim151

My birds are all mastery 10. Is there any point of playing the event, aside from a mindless diversion? I mean, yeah, I can get ~2500 snoutlings, but I can do that with ~ 20 runs through SRC.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@jim151 You’re right about only getting snoutlings when your birds are maxed out. There’s no other rewards normally, but I’m crossing my fingers for Corsair and a mini-map this time.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Yay, a chance for more mastery! Maybe I can finally get some more of my characters to level 10.

laura118b
    @laura118b

@mingkee27, that’s great in theory, but I personally have terrible luck with Chuck getting his bonus turns. I find Princess, Cannoneer, Spies to rock on # heavy waves. I got three stars on all but one mini map level with that combo, and that was a goof on my part…I went in with the wrong Bomb class one time.

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

I’ve had fairly good luck with Chuck’s Time Jump set. I like pairing him with Bomb’s Sea Dog. If I’m playing Chuck’s Lightning Bird, then Sea Dog uses gang up with the 3rd bird, and if Chuck gets an extra turn, he can make the 3rd bird attack, which makes Sea Dog attack. Otherwise I’ll attach Sea Dog to Chuck directly so that Sea Dog gets an extra turn every time Chuck does. I’ll probably see how that combo works for this event.

burbman
    @burbman

@jim151 – I too have all 26 birds at level 10. I play events to farm stamina drinks so that when one comes along like the last one, I can utilize my stockpile and quickly obtain the desired goal. I used about 100 stamina drinks to get the Stone Guard class the first day that all of the ingredients were available, and then farmed for the remainder of the event to recover at least 2/3 of the drinks I had used. I plan to play the three stamina battles with the stamina that recharges over time, as all battles have a 3/4 chance of paying out a drink, regardless of the difficulty level.

HarleyM
    @harleym

@jim151 Those of us who aren’t maxed appreciate you not playing it much, because it makes it easier for us to get the mastery we still need :)

@burbman
    Why bother burning through the drinks when there is plenty of time to get the reward with automatic stamina? Just because you are impatient and want it first/as soon as possible (a motive I can fully understand)?

Jim151
    @jim151

I have almost 400 stamina drinks. I don’t feel the need for any more.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum new pirates event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.