New FB policy on gifting?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum New FB policy on gifting?

• I opened ABF today fully expecting to do the ‘gift and receive all”, but then saw I didn’t have many more items in the inbox than I did a few days ago. With 300 friends gifting every day, I should have had a significant increase. Instead, since Apr 20 (7 days) according to the totals from notifications I’ve gotten less than 110 gifts total. There were only 3 notifications since the 20th of gifts coming in. Has FB/Rovio implemented a new restrictive policy on gifting? Just wondering, since they reduced the max number we can gift to at once from 50 to 25 to 10. Pretty soon we’ll have to gift one at a time. I’ll still gift daily, except for when I physically can’t (having some serious health issues). Of course if they do go down to 1 at a time, I’ll spend my wasted minutes while I’m gifting coming up with different insults in as many languages as possible for whomever is messing around with gifting.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • bern
    @bernhardwolff

ha-ha. poor guy!

bern
    @bernhardwolff

don’t you see that “organised gifting” is ruining this game?
    good move from rovio to cut that out. tell your 300 friends.
    cheers

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

6 months ago or so Rovio started BLATANTLY rigging the game to cause players to use more powerups. Regardless of platform, the game levels should play the same. This week, for example, on ipad lvl 2, FLW goes all the way down and almost all the way to the top on the other side. On PC, FLW barely makes it DOWN, that’s DOWN, to the bottom on the left side. Initially it was fairly easy to figure out. All or most levels had advantages on one platform one week, the next it would usually be a different platform. Now, one level may have an advantage on PC, another on iPad. In case the significance escapes you, seeing scoring above a player on say, level 1, then seeing that other player drastically outscore you on another level, would cause most people to keep using more powerups to try to match or beat that score, assuming they have any competitiveness at all, unless they play on more than one platform and can see the dramatic difference in levels.
    I hate to think how much I’ve spent on AB. An estimate I did a few months ago was shocking. I will not post that amount here, but it was a lot more than I expected. I set a budget on my playing, and every week I would end up having to stop playing because after I bought MORE powerups, and used them, I didn’t want to exceed my budget.
    “Organized” gifting is just having a community of players, much like this one, ABN, in a forum, where we exchange tips, comments, funny stories, and of course, gifts. The other forum to which I belong (with my REAL friends many of whom I know personally) is much like ABN. We also complain about cheaters, of which anyone will admit there are still quite a few. Heck, we even exchange recipes. I shared my heart-attack-on-a-plate, which appropriately for AB, has 3 different pork cuts. So as I said, the other forum to which I belong is very similar to ABN, but its main focus is primarily AB Friends. I see nothing wrong with being able to play a bit longer every week because I get gifts from friends, which is perfectly legal, and Rovio/Facebook ENCOURAGE gifting.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@jkhab69 Hi! Saw your post. I was equally as frustrated and unsure if there is a solution cross-platform. Since PC/FB and mobile apps use different operating systems that behave (obviously) differently cross-platform, it may not be cost effective for Rovio to “level the field” by designing a second program per level per week to tweek or even out–and ultimately balance–players’ experiences.

I first started playing ABF on my iPhone but quickly switched to my iPad because of bigger screen, so easier to aim and play. Soon discovered (maybe in 2012) the cross-platform issue by fellow Nesters. So I started playing on both platforms, PC and mobile. My scores jumped dramatically. I think I finished a previous year’s tournament in 3rd or 4th place overall.

Somewhere along the line, a fellow Nester suggested BlueStacks which is a mobile app emulator that can be uploaded to your PC. BlueStacks does not work on Mac systems, only Windows-based systems. Besides the advantage of being able to play cross-platform, BlueStacks also provides precise aiming by mouse rather than by thumb on many other mobile devices.

The top ABF players on the Nest may use all three platforms (PC/FB, mobile app, and BlueStacks mobile emulator) during the week to maximize their scores. This puts other players at a seemingly unfair advantage of they don’t have ability or access to play on the various platforms. For those of us who do play on all three platforms, we have to “relearn” each level to determine the best strategy on which platform to maximize scores. It’s frustrating still! :)

We have a new Nester who is authorized representative from Rovio. You may want to share your questions, thoughts, or suggestions with him, too. His name is Wingmanjuan, I believe. For more info, click this link:

Rovio's Social Media & Community Manager representing in the Nest!

–MB :)

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@dseufert Thanks for the suggestion on bluestacks. I installed it, then removed it before I could even play ABF. It (or I guess the google/android store app) wouldn’t let me uncheck ‘Stay logged in’, which is a security risk. Then when I tried to install ABF, it went to install something called KIK, or KIX. Whatever it was, it wasn’t ABF, and I don’t like misdirection during app installs. I’ll keep on playing ABF on PC via FB, but again, thanks for the suggestions.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

My pleasure, @jkhab69 :) Yes, BlueStacks will “force advertisements” on you. There are ways to avoid this, but I’m unsure what they are at the moment. You might be able to find an answer from a fellow Nester in the AB Friends forum. I started a topic months ago on different platforms (I can’t remember the exact title of my topic). Or, you can start your own topic on this BlueStacks issue, too, within the forum. I first heard about BlueStacks over a year ago from one of the Canadians. Can’t remember who. Maybe TerribleTom, or Bird Addict. Oh, here’s a couple of good ones to contact who would know, CampingLED or Dmitri (neither from Canada :) Hope you’ll get the info you need to use and enjoy BlueStacks without the commercials! –MB :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum New FB policy on gifting?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.