New Event: Super Villains of Piggy Island

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Super Villains of Piggy Island

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 102 total)
  • Replies
  • Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

This isn’t a collect the items event, it’s all about the points.

mich
    @m-ich

Has anyone had any luck opening the event status screen yet? I would like to know what’s on the wheel, but when I tried, it only showed different quantities of wood all over the wheel and the game crashed.

Anonymous

Reward wheel is 1500 mastery for all as main prize, 1000 mastery for single bird/all classes in other five spots, and a few stamina drinks in the last two spots.

Anonymous

I compared the reward wheel prizes for each battle, and the best bang for your stamina buck is the high difficulty battles. Assuming the reward wheel is truly random, the easy battles should yield 52.3 medals per stamina, the medium battles should yield 62.75, and the hard battles should yield 67.2.

As such, I bit the bullet and played another hard one. This time no Wizpig, and I won rather easily. Main enemy was one of those three turn charge big pirate pigs (damages all birds if he hits, but i killed him before he got the chance). Bunch of other pirate variants were the rest of the enemies. Since I was anticipating Wizpig, I used Samurai/dragon set (M8), Thunderbird/reborn set (M7), and Tricksters/artillery set (M9). But I probably could have won this battle with almost any combo. Lack of Wizpig is a pretty big difference!

And of course after the battle was over, my event leaderboard froze and I had to restart the app again. Good times.

Pointless
    @pointless

Buggy and crashed prior to update, but so far so good after (knock on wood). And the TNT crates scattered around the map were not there before updating. Only had one Hard battle so far, Red Beard and five other pirates. Power team, fed chili to Chuck, wiped out all with that one move (I am lvl50, M12 to be fair, so really just playing for interest’s sake…) Curious about the randomness of enemies in each battle as some of you have already encountered.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@roviohuzz — Why am I not surprised that the new event is so buggy? I think I’ve experienced all of the bugs mentioned above:
    * 5-stamina battle opened with no birds or pigs; had to restart. Lost stamina points (3) and stamina drinks (2).
    * Some 5-stamina battles won’t open at all
    * At the beginning, the event banner opened to a nonsense screen and froze. Seems to be OK now.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@poptimus — I agree with your conclusion about the average number of event medals per stamina for each of the events, but not the exact numbers. : ) If you assume you always get 3 stars, then the average / stamina is 51.9, 62.2, and 66.7 for the 3, 5, and 7-stamina battles, respectively. The maximum reward per stamina also increases for the harder battles. This is different than the last few events, where the average and maximum awards were mostly for the 3 stamina battles, and once, quite a while ago, for the 5-stamina battles.
    So far I’ve gotten 0, 7, and 21 mastery for each bird, but it doesn’t seem to depend on which battle you fight. However, the statistics for mastery are very limited so far.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

So far I did 7-stamina battles.. so far no wizpigs but encountered 2 Brawlers at once along with BBQ Captain and Captain Air Private (I presume as the piggy list is seriously outdated on this forum).

I’m at 2nd place because 1st place has 10K already… he/she must have spent a lot of unnecessary stamina drinks… as we got time to build.

*SMH*

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

I see Druid has FINALLY been fixed! I got wiped out on the first 750 battle I tried :(
    Having to wait for all my ‘lost’ stamina drinks to build up again. I dare not try a 500 game lest I lose more of them. Did they fix it with the update that just came in or not, anyone know?

XELnaga
    @xelnaga

I think, we have a chiter on the first place. Over 6000 points above 2nd place. And we have ony 2 hours of event

Anonymous

@mvnla2: Strange that our numbers are different, but close enough so whatever. :)

@all: I need to correct myself from earlier. Single bird/all class mastery reward wheel prozes are 1500 rather than 1000.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@xelnaga — If you think someone is cheating, take a screenshot and send it to Rovio support. Your leaderboard is probably different that everyone else’s on ABN.

Pointless
    @pointless

@xelnaga @mvnla2 remember from previous events that Rovio adds bots with artificial scores to the leaderboards in the attempt to encourage players to play to keep up and catch the “leaders” (and hopefully, from their point of view, purchase Stamina to do so)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

So far from the even battles I’ve gotten 0, 7, 14, 21, and 28 mastery per bird with no apparent correlation between mastery awarded and number of stamina required. Has anyone gotten more than 28 per bird?
    [Edit] To answer my own question — I just got 91 pts/bird from a 7 stamina battle that included WizPig.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

I also had the same problem with the Medium Battles , until I realized I didn’t Update the Game to the latest Version ( 1.3.6 )
    I’ve haven’t had any problems since.

Anonymous

@mvnla2
    I haven’t been tracking mastery won in these event battles, sorry. But I’m not sure why you would expect much correlation between stamina spent and mastery earned? I mean, isn’t in pretty well-established that mastery drops are random, but average out to roughly 1/3 of popped pigs, and each drop gives 7 or 14 mastery (for level 50 pigs) depending on pig size?
    sure, there would likely be some level of correlation between stamina spent and mastery earned (since higher stamina-cost battles will have more/bigger pigs), but it’s never going to be consistent in any event, and even less so in this one, given the variety of enemies we’re seeing.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tinostar11 — All the problems I listed were after the update, but haven’t had any in the last few hours.
    @poptimus — I would expect there to be some correlation with stamina, since the pigs should be tougher in the “harder” battles. It just takes a decent number of battles to drawing any statistical conclusions.
    That said, I bet no one will be able to get 91 mastery per bird, as I just got in a 7-stamina battle, in one of the easier battles. (I edited previous comment.)

BINH
    @binh

I can’t find any 7-stamina battle

Jim151
    @jim151

Just had a 5 stamina battle prize wheel freeze during the spin. Had to exit. didn’t get the prize, lost the stamina. I have updated.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@binh — I haven’t seen a 7-stamina battle today either, but it could just be statistics. Have had enough 5-stamina battles to keep going with reasonable rewards.

@jim151
    — Today has been full of freezes for me also. If you wait awhile (1 min?) sometimes they unfreeze. This is happening to me even in non-event battles. AB Epic and FB are the only apps I have running. Haven’t tried doing power down yet.

Pointless
    @pointless

Finally got a couple 7 stamina battles today, but I think the assumption that this lull was just a statistical matter is correct. I am also somewhat disappointed with the lack of variety in this event so far. Every 5 battle for me has been similar or even identical with Vader plus pirate or undead minions. I have had WizPig once appear in a 7, otherwise just Red Beard and five or six pirates. I have not played any 3s, so not sure if there’s any more variety there. What are other people experiencing?

Anonymous

Mostly same here. I’ve had a few battles where vader’s allies were cave 13 drones too.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well, WizPig again on a 7, this time with Red Beard as well as a Pirate Brute. At least he’s ripped right out of SRC so you get the 100 snouts. Only battle I have had that has gone longer than one round for those still unsure about Enchanting (using Pal/DB, Wiz/TL and Spies/BEEP, but may substitute SeaDog/Sc for the latter next time to see if I can win on the first round)

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

I’ve yet to see Wizpig and there haven’t been many 750 battles available.

For once, I’m in a group where we’re all ranked 50 so it’s proving to be an interesting battle for a change! I was in the lead when I ran out of stamina… probably won’t be by the time I get back!

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

For archive purposes,

Here’s a brief look at the event + those nasty bugs we encountered. The beginning of the video is a little glitchy, might be due to the app itself or my phone’s acting all weird. Enjoy!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Super Villains of Piggy Island

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.