New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
  • ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

Was hoping it would be more than 1,500 mastery. That’s 3 turns at the dojo. Agree this is lame, as is only 600 snoutlings for first place. Would be nice to have another 6,000 mastery, or some other sweet prize (lucky coins, epic item, etc), that makes the events worth competing for. As it is, it’s nothing more than essentially just a distraction.

Don’t take chain attacks into the 7-stamina fight. I had capt’n, rainbird (with chain attack), and spies. One of pirates throws out a 200% counter buff which can’t be dispelled. I failed the level.

I didn’t play this challenge the first time around, so maybe this is already known but thought I’d throw it out so no one wastes 7 stamina.

Anonymous

@colkurtz It does seem like the pirates are more powerful this time. Not just because they are a higher level but stronger.

Jim151
    @jim151

Don’t take chain attacks into the 7-stamina fight. I had capt’n, rainbird (with chain attack), and spies. One of pirates throws out a 200% counter buff which can’t be dispelled. I failed the level.

I didn’t play this challenge the first time around, so maybe this is already known but thought I’d throw it out so no one wastes 7 stamina.

Thanks for the advice. I changed out headgear and weapons and went in with paladin with protector’s aura, Bard, and tricksters, and beat it pretty easily.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

@amslimfordy Does this give those players an advantage? In other words, are we chasing them and they are still able to play, or are ther done? Thanks

Jim151
    @jim151

None of mine have budged all day.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Chain attacks work pretty well on the tier 3 challenge for me:
    Wizard, Spies, Sea Dog with golden chili.

After round one only the big one is alive, which is charging an attack. I never loose health on tier 3 round, I really prefer that one :)

Oh and on my board at the start the first one was also at 3000.. Even though they may be betatesters, I really think that Rovio should just reset their score, this is silly.

Wayne2
    @wayne2

Strange I can’t play this event ??? My son have it on his mobile but nothing for me ???

Do you all have access to this event ?

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Seems my board is full of duds… One person started pretty high (PRPRIKA 4665pts) but hasn’t moved.

Leaderboard as of now-
    Me 5735
    PRPRIKA 4665
    UP 1350
    UP 1215
    BLAZEJ 1070

So far this is easy.. I’m only doing the 3 stamina fights and can beat them first turn.

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

DJONNY is on my leaderboard. I know I’ve seen that name on a leaderboard before, and I remember the name being mentioned during the last event. I’m currently in 2nd place behind him/her, but I have some good competition this round, so I don’t know how it will end. I just hope I’m in the top 3. As for the starting scores, I forgot about the event until almost an hour after it started. At that point, the highest score on my board was 1800-ish, which seemed reasonable.

I’m favoring Paladin, Captain, and Spies for the 3 stamina battles. I’ll play Princess instead of Paladin in the 5s. I’m not even touching the 7s.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

The reward wheels for the three levels are the same as for the last event.
    This wheel is probably used to even things out so players who can’t complete the harder battles can keep up points wise.

However, this does mean the players with higher exp levels can also just play the easier battles. There doesn’t appear to be much incentive to fight the harder battles. In the end, the winners will probably be those who are attentive and play consistently throughout the event – which will be what Rovio want. Of course, using friendship essence will also help to get ahead.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — I don’t think you answered the question about whether the players who started with high scores were really “inner-circle” individuals who beta-test the event beforehand. The ABN members who beta tested the last event started with 0 scored on their leaderboards. As @kerravon said, Rovio seemed to be concerned about cheaters when this was reported to them.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I wasn’t able to start the event immediately. The highest 2 players had 3K and 2.7k points when I started. I was able to get into 1st place within ~1/2 hr. Given the weird differences in time zones around the world, I don’t think someone starting at 3 or 4K can be considered unusual. The only player who is giving me any competition for 1st is the level 41 player who started out at first. Several of the other players have advanced a little, but they are all at lower levels, so they might be 1st on their leaderboard even though the are 3rd or worse on mine.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@colkurtz — Top prize in the even is 1500 in mastery for ALL birds. That is a lot more than 3 turns at the Dojo, unless you have the luckiest Dojo in the world.

Bossk
    @henjovr

If 1000 mastery in the dojo costs 75 LC, the top prize is worth 112.5 LC.
    Not even counting the 1500 mastery for 2 other birds if you can also get that.

As long as I need mastery, the prizes are OK with me. Could be higher like the crossover event, but still…

Jon
    @epicjon

I have little competition on mine it seems. I’m in second place and I have been completing the battles with no FE and very little luck. Which sucks, haha. I think I’m in second. I got used to overusing FE for a day or two while I got absurd amounts via a bug of some sort. Now I’m back to getting only the 5 per request. I keep doing the 5’s. I can 3 star it pretty consistently. I haven’t had any of the high leaders starting right off the bat on any events I’ve played like you’ve mentioned, but I’ve only been around for 3 events, and the first one I barely played because I didn’t understand what was going on.

Best of luck to all of you. I’m only lvl 17 so the reward is well worth it for me.

And thank you for the bird combo recommendations, I’m going to try them out.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

So I finished first with a big margin and got the 1,500 points for all, 1,500 points for Red and 1,500 points for Bomb on the first spin. Lucky me :-)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryjohnny — You are indeed lucky. Took me several spins to get the top 3. I didn’t count, because if I did, I might have been more tempted to stop that I already was. Worth it though, since I still have >300 FE. I did use FE to battle the big pig when he was available. I ended in first, but the person in second played for most of the event.

Joey
    @joeyba

i just wish we have more than 1500 points rewards for all!
    My birds are levels 7 most of them, some are 8 and some 9! But mostly 7 and would like to move on! still far from having all 250 characters medals

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@joeyba It was only a 48 hour event so a bigger prize for such a relative small effort would have seem unfair compaired to the other longer events…… although on a personal level I agree, it would have been great with a bigger prize :-)

Joey
    @joeyba

@angryjohnny we’ll wait for the next event. maybe for the holidays it will be a longer event like the first event and we’ll get 6000 points for all birds! That i would love!

bouboule
    @bouboule

Got first with 10k points, the second had only 3000…

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

Finished first on my leaderboard. Got 1,500 points for all birds, 1,500 points for Red and 1,500 for Black on first spin. Whew.

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

I somehow squeaked into first place in the last few minutes! All I got from the wheel was 1500 each for Matilda and Chuck, though (plus a stamina drink or whatever). I didn’t have enough friendship essence to respin, but at least this got me very close to increasing rank on a few of their classes. I really wish the wheel was set up differently instead of having the same arrangement for each event. I know it was different for the big crossover event (which was my first), but all the ones since have had the same setup, right? I would just love the chance to get mastery points for all next to mastery points for someone other than Red.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

3rd place, and I could only get +1500 for 2 birds. I totally hate these potion spins.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@mvnla2 @AMSlimfordy- That is what I thought as well, MVN.. Still no conclusion that I’ve seen, but in a thread somewhere I remember a Rovio person stating it was a concern.

I got lucky this event. One person started with just under 5000 pts, but after that never gained any. I won easily with 10,000 and that person in 2nd. Took 5 rerolls to get the 1500 for all birds wedge :(

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.