New Event: Epic's Anniversary Party

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Epic's Anniversary Party

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds thank you. I will look in from time to time but I am looking forward to not having to grind either the Arena or for mastery.

@pointless
    thank you. I do sense a huge degree of fatigue among the players.

I would like E Captain I haven’t collected everything yet. I have forged the Lightening Tome so I have a full E80/10 Ancient Twin Lightening. It does an insane amount of damage and has made me smile. I also have Ancient Finisher so you can find out your figures. My Seadog is 80/77 but I will take him to 80/80.

I wish you luck for E Wizard.

DD
    @toolow

Typical. While I desire E Samurai, E Wizard or E Spies, I ended up with E Capt’n, although this is a bit better than E Priest. I predict I’ll get E Priest for the next event. :(

metztli013
    @metztli013

Sad =( I opened my chest and got Marksmen… I REALLY really want Elite Spies so I rerolled once and got Elite Princess. Meh. Should have stuck with the Marksmen.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

This time, my prizes are my last two remaining elite classes… none of which I’m in love with: Elite SeaDog and Elite FrostSavage. Sadly I’m still waving from 4th to 5th Place, and I Will not bè able to catch 1st nor 2nd place without using more SD than I actually own (I’m at 63k while 1st skyrocketed up to 77k today).

I Will end playing the rest of this event probably only for Mastery. Some levels had “4 birds’ team” rule. Which are you grinding?

Cloud Castle doesn’t attract me that much aside from LCs and Snoutlings.

What do you think?
    Maxx

burbman
    @burbman

The LC’s and Snoutlings are the ONLY reason to play Cloud Castle.

As far as the chest goes, I got E. Berzerk.  No point in a respin, I will get the rest in some future event.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley Saddened to read about your AB fatigue… but 100% in agreement with you. I’m still going through the motions… but my heart isn’t in it. With all the injustices of late, ill-advised, money-grubbing changes and lack of  original content… I’m pretty much spent. Hence, my lack of frequent contributions here. Sigh. Such a shame.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde thanks. I am terribly sad that something so enjoyable has been wrecked by greed. Yes what happened to many who post here but especially @datguygamer and @toolow really upset me as well. I will complete the mastery for my birds so that any friends who still play can enjoy them. I will also continue to borrow birds from active friends, FE is valuable and so easy to provide. Once this season is over that is all. Ah well!

Buds
    @budstheawesome

I got the lovely Elite Wizard. Wanted Elite Spies, (or Elite Beserker to fix the Corsair overskin issue) but I’ll live with it. The first bird to have all their classes as elites done.

bchild
    @bchild

The beauty of starting the event with your main and second account at the same time is you get placed in the same board.  Which isn’t really a problem but there is a point discrepancy.

Leader board from my main account (Named_Player)

From my second account (I1)

Anyone else experienced this before?

;)
    @winkwink

@bubbley, been playing since the start and only recently started becoming active with the ABN community and establishing a FB account to aid in progress, but I feel your weariness. The amount of time required to stay competitive enough to make the game interesting is increasing with each so called change for the better. Just getting used to the new grinding realities since Rovio seems to have changed their algorithm for generating opponents in the arena to make it more difficult in the past couple days. Have to decide if I want to continue something that is wasting too much time these days. Stay well and prosper…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@winkwink thank you. I simply don’t have the time to dedicate to playing the Arena I don’t find the battles difficult. The recent changes have meant all your spare time is used in the Arena and time that is not spare is used in the Arena so it becomes your life. I don’t want that. You also have no time to grind for mastery so you must rely on the dojo which I think is why this change was instigated just like removing the 10 wave battles from the caves.

I spent three days grinding the Arena this week too much time. I am now now not playing the remaining targets. I will remain in Gold but it’s not important anymore. It’s a relief.

I will be around for a few weeks and as long as you are active I will borrow your birds. I wish you luck.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@maxxmatt Elite Seadog is well worth having.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@bubbley
    I rolled once and I got SeaDog then bought the Elite upgrade for 90LCs. Between him and SavageFrost I’d prefer SeaDog for sure. In the end, while playing against people in arena and face a lot of E.SeaDogs I ended up thinking that It is a Little bit overvaluated.

Let me explain a sentences that could bè misundestood. While SeaDog is the strongest kicker among all’ the Bomb’s classes in the very First hit, It can bè easily shut down simply wounding It and keeping It wounded but alive on board WITHOUT needing to kill It. like a puppy, It Will deal very few damages. If you look carefully at this common game situation, SeaDog doesn’t kick as hard as It seems.

If you are planning to build a team that can defeat enemies in a single turn, then it Will bè perfect, especially for his Great secondary ability. otherwise, when the game goes over to multiple turns, It is balanced and comparable to other good Bomb’s classes (Berserk or Captain or Cannoneer, for example).

Isn’t It reasonable?
    Now I have another good class to play for mastery games. :-)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@maxxmatt I don’t use Seadog in the Arena. My grinding team which has seen me successfully through several seasons with only a handful of lost battles is Thunderbird, Witch and Captain. I took Elite upgrades along the way and now have E Captain.

burbman
    @burbman

@maxxmatt – if you are basing your valuation of Sea Dog on what you have seen the AI do in arena battles, you are missing a large part of his effectiveness.  When set up with a weapon set with a healing component, such as Scissors or Finisher, he will regenerate health and strengthen with each attack.  Speaking of attack, he should never attack on his own turn, but rather alternate his buff on the other two birds at the beginning of each turn so as to get two attacks per battle round.  Try this, then let us know if he moves up in usefulness.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

@burbman is correct. My Seadog is the lowest Mastery as I only got him at Christmas, and his mastery is yet to reach level 50, but luckily I got a level 72 Ancient Rock enchanted at level 8, making him deal 3300+ damage already. If you match him up with Paladin and Rainbird, you will quickly strike down any foe. I used the combination for the Friday dungeon, and it was quick. A potion needed for Chuck but that was mainly because RNG can’t find another target to hit.

And also, this anniversary event contradicts itself. Whilst old players like myself can easily say from their memory that this is literally a repeat of last year, it should’ve been extended for more things too. Like a second mini-boss of all the Worldbosses, as the Worldbosses are a major thing in the game now. Apocalypse being my personal favourite because of the impact on the battle. Not to mention Stapsi and Stapfi really do need a large buff, they’re way to weak for bosses. Compare them to the level 60 Sports Tournament bosses, and you can easily say they are not up to standard of a boss.

But of course, Rovio being Rovio, decided to ditch quality, and want quantity of money.

Pointless
    @pointless

@maxxmatt as many here know, SeaDog is part of my Team both in PvP and PvE. Even hurt, he can kick, and with a healing Set, as @burbman has stated, he remains extremely viable. I also use Paladin for the same reason

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

i got 9th Place, WITHOUT grinding too much and WITHOUT wasting resources. Ended up WITHOUT gaining too much, 2k all and 6k chuck. sounds Good, in the end. :-)

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I went through FE like they were free peanuts, but I didn’t use many SD (I think 25 when the GPC opened on the first day). Came in 2nd, got 6k Matilda, 6k Bomb (I think), and 6k all, which leveled up 19 classes. Plus I got Elite Wizard and I think I made four runs (maybe 5?) through the GPC.

The only bad thing was I noticed that @toolow got cheat-listed again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Epic's Anniversary Party

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.