New Comp- Second Wind (my thoughts)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp- Second Wind (my thoughts)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Replies
  • wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7
    The folks in this forum explained why the coins went down for the nodes on the main island screen.
    I do not understand the logic. I am at rank Wrecker with 525. I completed all the avalible squads and have all the available transformers to obtain the 640 coins for the nodes.
    Rovio adds three more characters to complete the two remaining squads. These two squads have been in the lineup for a while. After the end user obtains these three new transformer it is logical that the node coin number would be at 700.
    Why is the game taking away coins the we have previously earned in the past? It is like we are now being penelized for what we qualified for by our past achievements and coins are being taken away for having the maximum available transformers and teams that were previously being offered and the coins went up with these achievements.

Please explain the logic of taking away coins that we previous qualified for?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@wrw01

“Rovio adds three more characters to complete the two remaining squads. These two squads have been in the lineup for a while. After the end user obtains these three new transformer it is logical that the node coin number would be at 700.

There are 13 squads. Assuming that all 13 are complete, the total bonus would be:

+5% x 13 = +65%, which would give you 660 coins per node.

“The Hotrods” has never been complete, because out of three TFs in the squad, only Rodimus(?) has ever been available, so even if you had that TF, you’d still be two TFs short of complete. So you’d have a maximum of 12 complete squads.

+5% x 12 = +60% –> 640 coins per node, which is what you had immediately prior to the v1.17.6.5 update.

There’s no reason why we’d be at 700 coins per node, since 700 coins requires a +75% bonus, which means we’d need 15 complete squads, but at present, there are only 13 squads, period.

Also, the three new TFs do not form any new squads – they all go into existing squads, two in The Seekers and one into The Cybertronians.

The only way we’d go up to 700 coins is if there were two entirely new squads introduced, and we somehow obtained the TFs to complete them as well.

boy1311
    @boy1311

So the stupid company ruined one event and instead of redoing it they redid another event from way back.That seems like a terrible way to make it up to people that they cheated out of a deserved character.Why couldn’t they just add in acid storm so they could make it up to everyone since its their fault someone couldn’t do there job right and messed things up and made people lose gems and a character and or accessories.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I had another King Pig when I was using Soundwave/Soundblaster (I always mix them up). It went terribly. I didn’t spend gems to keep going when I died, as I’ve resolved not to spend gems in this competition AT ALL.

One of my numerous reasons for not taking this competition seriously is that I’m visiting and would rather play with my grandson. :)

Izberg
    @izberg

ABT Programming bugs getting out of control!!! I was just in 3rd place and ran a last minute level to get more token points and at the end of the level it dropped my score to 0 and put me in 20th place for only 100 tokens earned when I should have gotten 500 tokens!

The last competition was a joke also. I had 4300 token points when the “lockout” from the servers started. Since I couldn’t buy the Acid transformer I was forced to buy coins since the time was running out on the trade-in. The 1000 tokens they gave AFTER the event was over with would have given me enough to get the Acid transformer.

Furthermore, I can’t start another level after finishing one because as soon as I click the start for the level, the advertisement comes on and it doesn’t matter if I let it complete or click on the skip after the delay, my tablet goes to a black screen and never launches the level. A hard restart of my tablet resets everything BUT I loose one of the green lights for the level play. So I generally only would get 2 or 3 successful levels completed each time. It really gets annoying when I’ve paid with gems to get 4 more plays and they are taken away like that!

Byron Washington
    @byron-washington

Welcome to my hell sir/ma’am, had the EXACT same thing happen to me. First day of the wingblade competition I was in first place with a score of over 10k, tried to get some extra (last minute) credits in and got dropped to 19th place…I give up dude, these ppl get thirstier for microtransactions by the second…

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Got the news post saying when the event ends. Ends on July 12th 0:00 GMT (July 11th 8:00PM Eastern). So six more rounds after today’s. Ten days total.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@poptimus,

GrandPA, good sir. Grandpa.

My username is a reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Crawford_of_Lymond

Geli
    @geli

Was in a strange cohort for The Ice Block targets. Leader deemed it necessary to maintain a lead of over 10,000 (no, that is not a typo). Finished 2nd but did not get the max 550 tokens. Third place was a name that was not in the cohort until the last 2 hours.

Now have enough to get the defense accessory. Unsure if I will play to get the transform power accessory.

IMHO Windbladeat level 10 is pretty ineffective against missiles. Blame that on slow Target acquisition, slow weapon loading-and slow speed of the rounds.

Tomlad
    @talmud

Hmm well I’m not sure what to do now since this comp goes for 10 days and i’m close to getting metroplex I guess afterward i don’t know what to do, maybe upgrade some tfs?

jasebree
    @jasebree

@geli I guess they just really had to have the full 550 for the day? 10,000 points to get to the 70 or 80 level is getting to be extreme on Rovio’s side

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

I thought 10,000 for 70 was bad, how about today, 18,000 to reach the 60 token level. Come. On.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I think I’m done with trying for new bots. It’s too frustrating when they keep making the token price higher each time. I used up a lot of gems, especially once I got too far to stop. I wasn’t going to stop halfway there. I got her yesterday and her swords today. I might try for metroplex but I heard he isn’t that great but it’ll be without using gems. Getting the daily max at times has been almost unachievable. They are trying to squeeze us so bad on gems. The challenges used to be fun, now they are a chore, time demanding and nerve racking. I may try for One of them but I don’t know. I’d rather just not care anymore.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I did some experimentation that crippled 2 of my first 4 runs, as I’ll soon detail in another thread.

Even so, I’m in 2nd place at the moment behind somebody named Poptimus. :)

Anonymous

No way! What’s your name in the game? I don’t see any Francis Crawfords on my leaderboard. I am indeed currently in first though. ;)

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

So as to not answer in a way that can easily be found by search engines, I will say that the name I play under is

M m a c

Backwards

sheepybach
    @paul13

Ya Hoo sorry to let you all know but I’m baaaaaaccccccckkkkk lol Unable to get on here for the last few days.
    OK I got Windy and now trying for a few add-ons before it goes away.
    I’ve had a few funnies like this 1 as you can see the block’s changed colours, instead of pigs it was bales and for a moment to fast to snap a new thundercracker appeared.
    Banned from posting images now smfh

Tomlad
    @talmud

I can now officially say I am done with the comp as I now have all the accessories for Wind-Blade AND I didn’t spend ANY gems :D

Now onto a different topic: How long do you think the next competition will be for completing the Seekers team (Starscream and Skywarp) as well as the Cybertronians squad (Sunstorm)? Ten days (hopefully)?

sheepybach
    @paul13

@20qmindreader

Aye they played ok from what I saw not a footie guy as I bleed Rugbi lo!
    No that had nothing to do with it, I just couldn’t log in as I kept being told access denied lol

Catrine
    @catrine

My thought exactly Not a chance of getting her even if I played all day and spent jems

Catrine
    @catrine

Too much for her at 6000

Also glitches where my level 15 is foreign but nothing happens, and can’t take out some flying pigs, needs 3 shots, used to take out in 1 and not a chance of getting robot things

julrey
    @julrey

So with this thing nearly in the can, here are my own thoughts after playing this thing for a week…

PROS:
    – definitely an improvement over the last challenge. I never quite bought the scoring explanation on the last one (ie. “well you get less points but you need disproportionately less points to get rewards”). It definitely felt like for the daily prizes in particular you had to play far more nodes to collect them.
    – the return of Master Pig was welcome, although he maddeningly only seemed to show up when I’d selected one of my weakest TFs
    – The ability to redeem Windblade for a mix of tokens and gems is a welcome development taking a lot of pressure off to score in the top 3 each day, but for that very reason I can see Rovio rethinking that option in the future if there turns out to be a lackluster response over these past few days. A lot of veteran players have enough gems that they could theoretically buy these bots and accessories outright without playing any nodes at all.

CONS:
    – while I don’t miss the old partner setup, and can definitely see why they mixed things up by requiring us to select TFs from different squads to get the bonus points, the practical result of that is that node points were all over the board depending on how weak the squad was. In fact, in some cases I found that I was better off ditching the bonus altogether and selecting a stronger TF capable of scoring more damage. Either way, it means that folks who happened to be playing while the better squads were in the mix had a competitive advantage over someone who slept through those 4 hours and woke up to find Bumblebee and Optimus Prime were their bonus options.
    – as has been mentioned in another thread, the varying squad desirabilities exposed in this challenge has really highlighted how essentially worthless most of the older, original TFs are. Probably not much to be done about that at present, but the next time Rovio increases the max levels again they should strongly think about evening out those shortcomings.
    – Since I didn’t get Windblade last time around I welcomed the second chance, but it sounds like there were a whole lot of players who scored it the first time and had little incentive to play again. I do think Rovio needs to keep these rarer bots in periodic rotation – completism is the only incentive most of us maxed out veterans have to stay at it – but they’ve gotta provide enticing alternatives to those players that already have the TF in question.

Anyway, just my .02. Looks like I’m going to come up short on the 6000 tokens, but should be able to make up for it with gems fairly easily. If I’m being honest I probably would have made a more concerted effort to play more frequently if the latter wasn’t an option, but instead I hedged my bets by conserving my gems to make up the deficit rather than risk squandering them on additional chances and still not getting to that 6000.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yo all,
    What are your leader board P1 on as not done much today 1 4 event this morning and I just completed a 2nd 4 run and was shocked to see my board P1 has 93,000+ I can’t even think as to how they are on that total. Got a screenshot and I’ll post tomorrow if you want to see. Amazing lol

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13 Sheesh. You’ve had some crappy luck on your boards. 93k is ridiculous. Is it the same player as before? Leader on my board is 32k with me at 30k. 3rd is 20k and 4th is 13k. 12k rounds out the top five.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Comp- Second Wind (my thoughts)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.